Anyone using TapContext?

I’m using both in-app Interstitial Ad & Contextual Notification Ad. To optimize the earnings & not to annoy the users, I put Interstitial Ad upon exit the apps & set ‘very low mode’

for Contextual Notification Ad.

Can anyone explain me the thing with $20,000 bonus when I sign now?

Clicking on the promo says
“If you have over 2,000 downloads a day, you may be eligible for an increased bonus up to $20,000 based on your average daily installs and traffic quality during your first 7 days!”

No idea how stringent they are about that, but probably very considering 20 %!@!#@ K probably very. It sounds like 2k+ installs a day for 7+ days for the first week as soon as you sign up, and those installs ALL agree and press OK to notifcation ads AND they are all active for those 7 days, then you can get that bonus. It sounds like they’re trying to encourage you to update a currently popular app with TapContext. So if you have an app that’s getting that many dls or will if you update it, and you’re looking to diversify, now is the time to do it.

Thank you, I will try :slight_smile:

Just one last question: What did you guys set to make it appear “legal” on the market?
I mean, is it ok, that when I click “close” on the EULA, a smartwall-like view is shown? And can I set some ‘ad-level’ so these virus scans that might break policies don’t get showed?

Please tell me.

I am quoting this from another topic, just for reference.

Maybe it doesn’t technically send the package names to a server but it sends the first 3 characters of an app/package name to a server which responds with a list of package names and their status that begin with these letters so the phone compares it.

example: sdk finds “Advanced Task Killer”
sends a request with “Adv” to the server.
server sends a list back that looks like:
Advanced Music Creator - infected
Advanved Task Killer - clean
Advanced Xylophone Smashing Women With Two Chainsaws In Her Hands Live Wallpaper - clean
(Any reference to real, existing apps are totally random, as you might notice, I made up these names lol)

Then the phone doesn’t really send the installed app names but downloads a list of them.

To adforandroidapps:

You can switch off/on 2 types of ads under Ad Control tab in your TapContext account.

For second quote:

TapContext’s SDK lists all your apps and sends the list to advertiser antivirus company. They check the lists. There are only common apps in their list. Your app is ignored. The malware you are getting is maybe an unstable app. Remember, your app is not being listed!!!

This probably complies with Google TOS - as has been examined here before (because it is downloading content from outside Google Play and THAT app CAN be bought with alternate payment methods) - but makes for a very bad user experience - and will cause a lot of hand-wringing by developers as well.

It seems that TapContext is sitting on a good idea - but have managed to get it hijacked by a couple of companies (perhaps they were all they could get initially) - but it seems the whole company is running on Armour for Android and Battery Saver apps. Or they are the maker of those apps (?)

But the basic idea is not bad - IF it was implemented along lines similar to current AppWalls - start from there and then maybe grow out.

When I analyzed in earlier posts - what seemed interesting was the potential to target users (by the apps they already have) - and show apps on the AppWall which closely fit what they already have - with a higher likelihood of conversion to download.

For instance someone who has fashion apps - will likely find “Fashion Story” worth checking out - while someone who has word games may like mind’s Word Hero.

The problem with this approach may have been (reason they didn’t do that) - was perhaps the inventory of AppWall advertisers is very limited - so it may in practice be very difficult to find an advertiser to match the user. And if they avoid showing ads for some stuff how does that help the advertiser ? It surely helps the developer because the “eyeballs” space is used better. They could perhaps show fewer ads etc.

But the advertiser needs to push the apps they have been given to advertise - so the problem here (as with video ads ?) is that the market is not big enough for such targeting.

Now what they do instead is leverage the “find the apps on the user’s phone” capability - to actually do a scan of apps against a list of known bad apps - and thus their “ad” is able to report that you have some bad apps.

Perhaps it may have been less harmful if their ad didn’t have that red icon with a cross through it - which was kind of shocking - but then they may not have gotten the conversion rate they get (?).

Basically the techniques are using a “shock” approach to harass the user into getting apps - a more milder design MAY have been better tolerated.

I guess you mean that a virus app could use your SDK and will not be listed as a virus.

That was not my main concern …

I think another post above did talk about a quote from David discussing that TapContext SDK would send info to a server or server to the SDK - either way it makes for an SDK that seems TOO tied to Armor for Android - though I can see how the apps list could be used for a number of things - the one I found interesting was the possibility of showing AppWalls with apps that are picked to “match” the temperament of the user (which you can judge from the apps they have installed).

That would improve the conversion rates.

The effect of all this IS slightly creepy though - when an ad network is scanning apps being used by a user. It would be less creepy if the end-advertising was not so blatant - as TapContext has chosen to START off with an antivirus company advertisement campaign.

The idea is interesting - and I would think most ad companies would wind up using contextual AppWalls perhaps (if they are not already) - though I suspect the limiting factor is enough advertiser apps to be able to find matches - given the choice of advertiser they have they have no choice but to shove whatever apps they have to as many users as possible.

Often also these advertisers run campaigns for a limited time - in which case there is little point to target that - that concern seems to be more from the developer side who have a choice of AppWall ad networks and may consider having a way to show an appwall that is suited to the user - not clear if this interest is exactly the most prominent one for ad networks (?)

I had been really intruiged by TapContext’s referral fee of 15% - which seemed an order of magnitude greater than the “norm” for ad networks.

The referral fee for Leadbolt is 1% !!

What does this say ? That 15% is going to come out of somewhere - which means the early developers pushing TapContext stand the most to gain - while those who follow will be paying 15% tax to those who came earlier.

Not exactly a pyramid scheme - but still it is a surprise.

Such a high referral fee also makes it next to impossible for fair discussion to take place among developers.

But perhaps this is another way to do business - and it may succeed where others have failed.

This is what I posted earlier within this same thread:

QUOTE:

• they offer a 15% commission for referrals - so the referrer gets 15% of your income FOREVER !! So TapContext clearly values referrals - and it can indirectly be used to drive favorable reviews and blog posts. However, the developer is getting 15% less of what they COULD be getting. What does this bode for the company (perhaps referral percentage will go down over time). So TapContext is stingy about net30 (though will give net15 terms to those with $500/month revenue as mentioned in posts here) because it is willing to give 15% to referrals. Perhaps that 15% is coming from the 30% or whatever TapContext’s own margin ?

Add to that the VERY AGGRESSIVE behavior towards developers and their efforts to recruit them - from someone else’s post in this thread:

QUOTE:

I got a email everyday from TapContext, they say they will pay me $300 bonus if I use their SDK in my games, kinda promo. Is this real or fake, anyone gets similar email ??

So TapContext is REALLY trying to turn things around fast - but doing things too fast - and the danger is it may wind up killing the chicken to get it’s golden eggs.

I do have a question regarding your model, which confuses me. On your site you state that that the future revenue is guaranteed (“additional guaranteed future money each month for six months into the future.”), but what happens if someone cancels their subscription to the antivirus software, does that also cancel our future revenue for that sale, thus making it not guaranteed?

Hello @superbella… and thank you for your question.

No, the future earnings are not contingent on a user retaining a subscription to any offering.

Once revenue is credited to the account it is guaranteed.

since yesterday my ecpm dropped below $0.60 today it’s $0.35

do you experience the same?

yes, it’s fluctuating sometimes. My average ecpm this month is $11 but on 16th it was barely $4. On the other hand the day before (15th) it was almost $16. I guess there’s no point of comparing the ecmp on a daily basis because it may vary a lot. Even on a weekly basis it might not be very meaningful. Of course, if your ecpm is really decreasing every day and never goes up then you clearly have a downward trend and it might be a good idea to contact TapContext support.

Can you talk a little more about your CPM on both TapContext and Appflood? Also wonder what are their most lucrative ad units.

never use tapcontext, they pay your revenue by 6 months instalments. and their promising ecpm is a big lie. in their website, it says $4-10 but these days im getting below $0.60. when i ask about this, they said they never promised about any ecpm. also they said i will get $4 ecpm if i have 10000+ installs per day. WTF

I’m afraid that I cannot give you stats on Appflood. However, here I would compare my TapContent’s revenue against industry standard mobile ad network, AdMob for July 2013.

TapContext:

• No.Of Apps : 8
  • Ad Unit : Push notification and interstitial ads
  • Installs: 64,529
  • RPMD: $45.61
  • CPM: $2.74
  • Earnings: $2,943.09

AdMob:

• No.Of Apps : 13
  • Ad Unit : Banner ads
  • eCPM : $0.55
  • CPC Imps :1,961,978
  • Fill rate: 99.16%
  • CTR : 0.76%
  • Earnings : $1,080.56

It’s obvious that TapContext outperforms Admob by 3x in earnings. To get a better picture on how other TapContexts’ developers perform, you can visit this site.

@WNASH, could you pls. split the ecpm you are getting for push and interstitial separately for tapcontext.

CPM:
-Push notification : $2.64
-Interstitial : $6.24