Anyone using TapContext?

thanks for the info, i WAS thinking about integrate tapcontext

Hello @androiddev,

Please PM us your account email and we will take a look at your eCPM dropping. You mentioned someone having a similar experience in drop but they also posted back saying it was a temporary fall. (Anyone using TapContext? - Advertising Networks - Making Money with Android)

just send you a pm. thanks

Hello @eyadse93!

I hope you will still consider giving us a chance to show you what we can do. If your interested in learning more about us PM me with your email and I will have an Account Manager get in touch with you. Thanks.

I’m on weekly payments and I just received my payment. I get less than 30% of money which should I get for last week… Weekly payments are also using your crazy payment methods? (35% in first month, …) ? I’m confused and I think your are making big mistake with these payment methods…

EDIT:
They are kidding me… I wrote them that i get only 202$ for last week instead of 676, and they replied: “In the console, look at Dashboard tab, and at the bottom under Detailed App Stats, select the week you are questioning and should become clear (look at the Initial month) . Earnings do not equal payout. If you look at Payouts tab (next to Referrals tab and before Support Tickets), you will see what was sent to you.”
Dumbest answer ever… So why " Earnings do not equal payout" ? Tapcontext rep maybe will help with understanding it?

there is a huge eCPM dropping in my account :frowning:

that huge ecpm is for first 2 days only, LOL

It works as the user sees first time the advertisement, bearing a small amount of battery power. But how many times it this works? Users learn that is only advertising. The same is with antyvirus notyfication.

this could be true if our apps have a fixed user base. but every day new users download the app so every day there are many users who see the ad at first time. your statement isn’t true

OK, I finished with Tapcontext. I earned yesterday 300$ , but who cares if they only pay you 1/3 of your earnings? On the dashboard you do not have real money showed - it is only a forecast… I get 200$ instead of 600$ and they are not responding to my tickets. I will return to Airpush and I advise everyone to leave Tapcontext - they are liar!

I’m also thinking of leaving TapContext. At beggining my earnings was ok. About 17$ per 2k installs. Now it is 17$ per 5k installs. AirPush is way better. I will give them one week and if there would be no progress I will switch to Airpush.

Ok I now created a YouTube channel for this. Until I got my new phone, i won’t upload any video from me, because the screen is cracked and you just guess what stands there.

Everyone who wants to participate in adforandroidapps’ idea, can send me a video to [email protected]. Here’s the Yt-Channel itself http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNCX6j9GjuRLdU9BVvhooxQ.

When you submit a video, please provide the following information:

• Your location (e.g. USA/California)
  • Name of the Ad-Network ( e.g. AdMob)
  • Date, when you made the video
    if you want : your gender and age (when I turned 18, I began to get car offers from AdMob)

If I was missing something, just PM me :slight_smile:

OK, I know now how Tapcontext is fooling us. They wrote me:

“We pay our developers a share of advertiser revenue. In your Developer Dashboard, you can see the amount of money your app has earned and the time period in which it will be paid out - the bulk of it will be paid out for the current month and the rest over the following 6 months”
That means that amount of money we see in dashboard is not amount we will be given, but amount of money which app earned. From this amount about 30% is our and about 70% is going to Tapcontext as broker… So if you want to know how much you will get - multiply your dashboard stats *0.3 and you will get your revenue. Of course only 35% you will get in first month… THAT IS REALLY SHITTY! TODAY I’M REMOVING TAPCONTEXT FROM ALL APPS! THIS COMPANY REALLY SUCKS!

I alerted everyone last week but most of you guys didnt listen. Anyways, I knew sooner or later their truth will be out.

i wonder if david still using this. tapcontext seems to be a very tricky scam company. i just noticed when i install an app, it shows a push ad and ask to buy their antivirus. im not sure if this is even comply with google TOS. :frowning:

I had to email them to clarify. They do NOT do a good job of explaining what that means. “reccuring” revenue is not what it actually is.

It actually means that if you earn 10 cents on a click, you get 3 the first month, 2 the second month, and the rest over the next 4 months. I know “weekly payouts are the most important thing ever” is a popular sentiment on here, but if you’re willing to look past that, the proposition is that by paying you as they receive money from the advertisers over a period of time, they can afford higher cpcs.

Reading your post, I’m extremely concerned that this is how our payouts are being interpreted. Especially since your conclusions are simply wrong. I apologize for being so blunt, but I feel a need to defend TapContext very aggressively in this situation.

As has been explained here before, TapContext does not withhold earnings from you or misrepresent your future earnings. Ever.

What is displayed in your developer dashboard is what you have earned and what you will be paid. Period.

It is not an approximation or a forecast. It is math.

We have never stated otherwise, and I feel like calling us liars is not only extreme, but totally out of integrity. You are paid what your portal says you will be paid. It’s clear you have misunderstood that. There are no tricks, and we’re not forecasting or guessing.

As we have acknowledged many times in recent weeks, our payout model is different from other ad networks. Much of that is because our advertiser relationships and contracts are different. And it’s what allows us to pay as much as we do. You earn money today in addition to the guaranteed future revenue with TapContext.

You are, obviously, free to run with whichever ad network best fits your app, audience, and bank account. I encourage you to make the best decision for your business. However, I would strongly caution you to make sure you’re basing your decision on correct information and valid assumptions. Otherwise, you’re just too likely to make a poor decision, and I would hate to think it is based an incorrect assessment.

I have talked with your account rep and he would be happy to dig into your specific numbers, but I wanted to make it crystal clear, what you see on your dashboard is your money.

Ya, it’s not quite intuitive. Your example with amazon referrals a few pages ago was more confusing since it you tried to compare your ads to referrals, which was a bad metaphor to use. It seems to be a theme with your explanations, considering you use the term “recurring revenue”, which would be consistent with referrals, not ads.

Keep it simple, just start and end all your posts with the sentence “By paying you over a period of a few months, we can pay you more in total per click”.

Here is my stats for July 2013:

-installs: 64,529
-RPMD: $45.61
-CPM : $2.74
-earnings : $2,943.09

Been two months with TapContext, I could say that TapContext is another ‘Admob’ in the making for me. Here is a few tips on how to optimize the earnings & be a good biz.partner with TapContext:

1. In order to get higher RPMD, intergrate with longer user engagement type apps such as educational based apps.

2. Never integrate with VIRUS/Intrusive adware triggered apps.

3. Be patient when comes to CPM dropping issue. The drop is normal and temporary. Within a couple of days, CPM will gain momentum and back to a stable state.

4. Be patient over payment issue. Out of $2,943.09 July earnings, I’m getting $1017.69 which has been paid weekly with $200 - $300 per payment. The rest of earnings has been distributed over future 6 months. It’s like a ‘Fixed Deposit’ in which for the 1st.day of August I’m already having $685.88 in my account.

Once again I would like to thank @TapContext for helping me to achieve my earning target & hoping this biz.partnership will be long lasting.

@WNASH, lol at you calling it a fixed deposit. A fixed deposit is placed with a bank (secured place) and earns a interest rate.

You are keeping your money with someone for over 6 months without a single dime of interest.

As I said before, they pay you in installments. They are leveraging your money for 6 months while you wait for it, Its like they are using you as a credit.