What is it like to have 5+ million downloads on one app ?

What do you want to know? I can only share my experience as i just did.

good enough …

Thank you!

Can you share how are your methods for promoting your apps?
Thanks.

Impressive numbers here, congrats :slight_smile:

If you have time and desire then please tell us your position regarding this question:

What makes an app successful(just like yours) ?

1. An original and unique concept/idea of the app which involves a lot of work
  2. A great design
  3. “Secret” promotion methods(if such even exists lol)
  4. Just a good app that a lot of people are searching for and thankful to great rankings and low competition it brings so much revenue

Thank you and hopefully your new app will become even more successful, good luck with your first $ million :slight_smile:

There is no sure thing. It really depends. You can have all 4 and app still might not do well.
4th is the most important i would say i you are just looking for money.

You mentioned in another post:

I assume your first and second apps were somewhat similiar then. Were you using some keywords in the title of your first app that were the same as some other well known app? otherwise what do you mean by the ‘wrong name’?

Part of the name was copyrighted by a big company. It was a stupid mistake on my part i guess, i though fair usage policy would make that legal. Maybe it did, but Google didn’t really care, I could have filed a law suite but who’s got time for that?

Could you provide that part? That would help us avoid it. :slight_smile: Unless it was really obvious like a name of a movie or something…

Hello, I just sent 9$ for you, but not receive the book. Please check

“mistake to avoid, is paying for ratings (i did it, results were horrible)”

Watch out for this part. Until recently there were no big issues with this, but now, Google has started suspending apps with fake ratings/reviews.

what do you mean by fake reviews? Bought reviews from some kond of bot from one IP (or smth) or even review exchange on the makingmoney forum as well?

A friend of mine had his app taken down because he bough some reviews and they were probably done from the same device with multiple IP’s, that’s all I know. Google’s email said that they detected fake reviews.

Oh it’s scary. I hope they can’t detect our review exchanges on the forum. Anyone got banned for that guys?

Very scary because if you want to kill your competition you just need to buy fake reviews of its apps now… :expressionless:

This is the text:

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy.

Developers must not attempt to change the placement of any Product in the Store, or manipulate any product ratings or reviews, by unauthorized means such as fraudulent installs, paid or fake reviews or ratings, or by offering incentives to rate products.

After a regular review, we have determined that a number of your app’s ratings are not genuine. This violates the Content Policy. Please refer to the fake ratings policy help article for more information.

Anyway, caution is advised.

Hello. I checked but couldn’t find you for that time. Can you please email me to my PayPal email with the transaction Id. Thankas and sorry if a mistake was made

I rechecked now and there’s no one at that time. Are you sure you completed the payment ? For the others… The browser should redirect you to the book. If not please email me and I’ll send you the link manually

well the question is how do you interprate that policy? Do you think rating exchange will make an app banned? Heard about such thing already?

Nope. I think that a few dev to dev exchanges should not hurt. But that’s only my opinion, nothing else.

Maybe the problem was that the app was new and had around 50 installs only and 25+ ratings(fake obviously) ? I think that there are normal limits between the number of installs and the number of ratings, whatever is higher might raise a red flag.

For example for my 1mil+ downloads app only 1.15% have rated it…this is without any paid reviews or ratings…but I think you’re still good with 5-10% of ratings from the total number of downloads.

And I really hope that Google only bans new apps that are doing this stuff, because it’s more obvious for them to detect(why would your competitors buy fake ratings for your new app?), instead of banning old apps because there might be a different side of the story…