Tap the Box - Income Report

Did you try to create the ads using Power Editor? https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/powereditor/
It’s a Chrome Plugin…

About your Facebook Ads, did you use CPC or optimized CPM?

CPC

I have tried to use the Power Editor but when i am creating the ad i stumble upon this message: “There are no Facebook Applications associated with this account. Please choose a different type of ad.”…

I’ll try creating a facebook apps associated with your game. You don’t need to add the SDK or implement the facebook login, you only need to add the facebook sdk if you want to track the install.

Here is from the documentation:

To use mobile app ads for installs, you’ll need to create an application on Facebook. Note that this does not mean you have to implement Facebook Login or integrate your app with Facebook at this time; you need an app on Facebook to get an app ID. If you already have one, you can skip this step. If you do not, you can create one by visiting the App Dashboard and clicking “Create New App” under Apps in the top navigation. You’ll be prompted to fill in a name for your app, and a unique namespace.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ads-for-apps/mobile-app-ads/

Please let me know if you can create an add using this url: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/color-fill../id820933315?ls=1&mt=8

Had the same problem, I needed to use Internet Explorer since there seems to be a problem with the Adblockers I got installed in Chrome.

I ve read about that on the internet and so i tried with IE, Safari, Chrome and Firefox and it didnt work… It must be something related to the app/url i guess because thats the only 1 i cannot advertise…
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/colo...3315?ls=1&mt=8

That’s strange indeed, I tried to create an ad with your link and it doesn’t work, but it does work with other apps.

I think i know the problem. I tried creating a facebook app associated with your game, to use app install you just need to fill the app store id (your app id is 820933315) and it works, i can create a mobile install ads for your app.

However, it turns out you don’t need to create a facebook apps associated with your game, you just need to use this URL: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id820933315 I don’t know why facebook can’t create ads using this URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/color-fill../id820933315 perhaps the dots in the app title?

It does work with the id! And i think you are right , it was the “…”

You just made my day!

Great to hear that it works now.

BaksaiApps have you set up facebook ads before? If so, how much did you spend and what was the outcome?

Check out the beginning of this thread :wink:

And btw, March is gone and here are numbers for Tap the Box:

Downloads: 4.700
Impressions: 203.440
eCPM: $1.51
Earnings: $357.81

Downloads for Tap the Box have boomed the last 24 hrs! from 10/hour to 180/hour, mainly US installs! Anyone can help me find the reason? Have i been featured somewhere?

Screenshot_2014-05-09-11-54-23[1].jpg
congrats

Wujuuuuu, how long does it last? 1 week?

"Each week the Google Play editorial staff selects a new set of apps to promote in its popular Featured and Staff Picks collections.

The Featured collections highlight the latest and greatest app and game titles available for Android. Category featuring highlights the best and most popular apps in the top categories. Staff Picks collects all recently featured apps and games on Google Play. To better reach tablet users, there’s a special Staff Picks collection that highlights the best apps for Android tablets."

Source: Visibility for Your Apps | Android Developers

Yes, at least 1 week.

Yeah, i read that , but it is talking about Featured and Staff Picks , and Tap the Box is featured under App Collections:

"App collections

From time to time the editorial staff puts together a collection of apps and games based on a theme or seasonal event. The collections are popular with customers because they are timely and relevant, and they provide a new way to showcase great Android apps to users.

The editorial staff chooses apps for collection promotions in a similar way as for featuring—high-quality apps that show the best of Android on phones and tablets. For collections the staff also looks for apps that can make an interesting or unique contribution to the collection as a whole."

I checked other apps featured in Apps Collections and apparently, they get featured several times in 1-week periods

Either way, you are getting a significant download boost, it will surely went up and slowly went down. If I were you, I will think of how to maintain the ranking instead. Are you still working on the IOS version of this game? Publish it within this week if possible.

You are lucky guy + you’ve made great app:) Can’t wait for your next income report.

BaksaiApps,

You know when you showed figures like this earlier:

Downloads: 4.500
Impressions: 283.750
RPM: $1.25
Earnings: $380

That was clearly something interesting - i.e. only 4500 downloads earning $380. Lower quality apps can have 4500 download per day and yet earn only $10.

It could even have been argued that you could spend some money to promote such an app.

Or that the powers that be at Google would notice this.

That your app has been noticed - is I am assuming not just from them testing apps - but it may have appeared in some filter.

I wonder if Google can use session length for an app - but even if Google Analytics type of thing is not integrated. Could it be that Google can look at an app which has very intruiging Admob numbers - for example if it has revenue that is huge compared to it’s number of downloads.

I don’t know if they would do this - but there is no reason they should not - because this is a very important indicator of the value of an app to it’s users.

We know that Google does this type of thing with the paid ranking lists - there the paid revenue is used as a direct metric - I don’t know if it is absolute revenue or per app download etc.

But it makes sense for Google to integrate Admob data - esp. for free apps which have no payment indicator - and use this to find great apps - if not in rankings, they could be using such filters to bring up apps which they could manually review and include in these Google Play features or collections or whatever.

If so, what would be interesting to see is how many of the featured apps or collections are apps which use Admob banner ads etc. exclusively or to a high degree compared to other ad networks in the app.

It just seems like a very natural metric to use to judge “quality” - also just as paid apps - the ad revenue figure per download for an app is ALSO an indicator in a way - though in reality the major part of this metric would be the “session length” - i.e. long session length apps would be getting more screen time for banner ads etc. - and lead to more eventual clicks and more ad revenue for app as well as for Google etc.