Tap the Box - Income Report

We created our own plug in :wink:

Thanks.Is it built upon anyother plugin already available? Any pointers will help me.

I am sorry i forgot about this question, I will sent you a PM tomorrow, let me ask the programmer :wink:

So, February is gone, and so is almost all the income!

February Stats

Downloads: 4.500
Impressions: 283.750
RPM: $1.25
Earnings: $380

As you can see income went down dramatically this month. Honestly, we did not do much about it, we are focused on our next game which is coming out in about 1 month and porting Tap the Box to IOS. Hopefully, the new game will bring more downloads to Tap the Box (we included a big ad).

We thought about re-skinning the game or create more stages but we concluded that if we do something about it, it would be a new game, better, bigger and simpler ;-). It will depend of the success of the IOS versionā€¦

February earnings Tap the Box.jpg

Thanks. No problem

Why are you so confident about a 25% conversion rate?

I am running facebook ads right now in Spain and I paid $4.51 for 36 clicks and 1 install.

Let me guessā€¦ you pay for click? (CPC)

I have different campaign types set up: manually setting CPC, auto CPC and optimized for installs. They deliver similar results.

I got that kind of result when using CPC, with oCPM (optimized cpm for install) i got a better click to install ratio, as high as around 2-3 click per install (also depends on the country though). I think it also depends on your app store listing (icon, screenshoot, description, video) and your target audience (ad creative mostly affect CTR). Do you mind sharing your target audience and the apps that you advertise?

And one more thing that i notice, with facebook you can pay for install (CPI), but the option only show up after a while (maybe after you spent some money in ads).

This is the game I am trying to promote: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.wms.help.the.rabbit

Target audience is people living in US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Netherlands, Belgium.

Iā€™ve spent $500 already on Facebook ads but I donā€™t see a CPI option.

Did you target general audience or more targeted audience? ex: people younger than 25 who interested in mobile game, etc?

Facebook ads usually perform depends on the targeting, iā€™m still hit or miss on this part thoughā€¦ Perhaps BaksaiApps would share what kind of audience he targets? :slight_smile:

And this is the information about Facebook CPA bid: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2013/10/21/get-efficient-installs-with-video-creative-and-cpa-buying-for-mobile-app-ads/

I didnā€™t target a specific audience, I targeted top countries like USA, UK, Australia and some others. Facebook CPI is not available for me and Iā€™ve spend around $600 so far.

Iā€™m not an expert on marketing with facebook ads, but iā€™ll suggest you to limit your target audience. Perhaps people under 28 with interest in mobile game (there is interest field when you create your ads). And facebook CPI only available if you track the install using facebook sdk, the option did not available to me at the begining, but after i reach around 400 install itā€™s available to me, i did not know the exact criteria.

Facebook SDK? Is this an sdk you add to your app?

Yes, you have to add the sdk to your app if you want to measure the install. And you have to create a facebook app. Here is the detail: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ads-for-apps/measurement/

Thanks for the info!

We just compared the clicks bought with the downloads generated from that country that day.

Hehe, that is very tricky.

Google Play updates the downloads at different hours. In the first day of my new game, Google updated the downloads at 9 PM showing 2/2 (active/installed). However, I had 2 downloads at 9AM. So they ā€œcachedā€ the number of downloads and displayed them in the developer console 12 hours later.

Btw, have you ever faced the ā€œyouā€™ve entered a destination that canā€™t be promoted. please choose a different destinationā€ problem?

I recently tried to promote an app on the appstore but i couldnt due to that message appearing when i select the App installs objectiveā€¦ It is weird because it only happens with 1 of our appā€¦ We are about to release a new game and still dont now if we are going to be able to promote itā€¦

I havenā€™t had this problem yet. Whenever I am seeing something on facebook that doesnā€™t work right, I try to compare the app page where the game is linked to with another app page that previously worked fine. So just try and see if you can promote your previous game again and then compare the app pages of the two games to see if there is something wrong.

You should also compare the code of the two games. In my latest game I realized that facebook wasnā€™t reporting any installs so I then realized I had the report install function commented out in my code.