Appodeal — instant payouts, higher revenue.

what is the 3rd party accounts tab under accounts for? are we required to put in our third party account details there or can we leave that blank? does this affect the earnings or is that just for informational purposes to track our third party ad accounts performance?

Appodeal must has a lot of free $ in pocket :slight_smile:
I meant that if they catch 10 big developers which will generate for example $1000/day each. So, we have $10k/day. As I remember AdMob has NET20 - $ for January AdMob will send 20th February. -> As I understand Appodeal showing ads from AdMob and other ad networks, so they will receive revenue from these ad networks on their NET terms.
Conclusion: If 10 big developers will payout revenue in 30th January, Appodeal must pay $300k (if each big developer will get $1000/day). This is a lot of money which they never retrieve, because they receive 20th February $300k from admob and in meantime payouts more to other developers. They always will invest more $ than receive from admob and other networks, unless they can receive $ from admob in 1 day.

For me this is risky, because this is not a business model!

The daily payout catches my attention and I say I will wait for others feedback… :smiley:

Can’t get ads to show, not showing at all. Did anyone get ads working?

no, I tried implementing in one of my apps, I see requests in dashboard but same here no ads are showing, fill rate 0%…

I implemented in an app too. Currently I have 5k requests however only 400 impressions. Fillrate is about 9% and ecpm is 0.15.

So much for 100% fill rate right? Also, what suite / office are you guys in? Your address listed on the site is an office building.

Another SCAM from Mobario/Widdit…

you have to call for the banner on a delay calling after initialize makes it fail to show, so they need to fix this.

That is correct. It takes up to 15 seconds to cache banner before it can be displayed.
Normally it is not a problem, if you initialize SDK when your app launches and display banner later.

impossible on live wallpapers when ads need to be shown on app launch.

Thank you for trying Appodeal.
There is a bug in request counts on Appodeal right now.

It displays a much higher value, because every time there is an ad request from the app, Appodeal forwards requests to multiple networks (we’ve got around 20 integrated so far) and therefore each real request results in about 20 requests in dashboard. We will fix this as soon as possible to provide accurate requests statistics.

Nevertheless, the amount of views is displayed correctly.

Also, revenue takes up to 24 hours to finalize, because we have to import reports from third-party networks and there might be a slight delay.

In addition, it is required to deliver at least 10K impressions so that Appodeal can learn your traffic and improve eCPM.

Also, please note that eCPM in the U.S. is normally much higher than $0.15.
So I assume, you either have international traffic or part of your revenue has not yet been imported.

Will keep you posted regarding requests count bug.

Please don’t hesitate to ask additional questions. I would like to make this bug with requests as clear as possible.

Please, DM me a link with a sample app where you display ads on app launch and we should be able to fix this shortly.

impossible on live wallpapers when ads need to be shown on app launch.

.15 ecpm times 20 is $3.00 ecpm

No, its not. ecpm is based on views not requests.

Somebody got payout from them? Is it mobario clone? Company is in San Francisco, building looks very, very expensive, even for office rent. IP server is from Germany, so it’s suspicious for me, why company from USA what can rent expensive office, is using european server in germany?

If you want to get developers, give us full company name and some company id number to check if this company really exist in San Francisco. I don’t want to try mobario or widdit 2.0

additional info just found:

Offices/Locations (2)
UPDATE
Development office

Dnepropetrovsk,
UKR
Headquarters

San Francisco, CA
USA

Do you think that ill use ad network from Ukraina? 200km from war zone?

founder is: Pavel Golubev, living in San Francisco from years, so maybe it’s safe network, this guy haven’t any connections with mobario if you see him on linkedin

edit: still investigating, founder looks legit, his facebook also^^, not so corporate style but “fun guy”, but legit :wink:

Investigation 2: go to investigation 3, not legit for me

Investigation 3: I decompiled their SDK, appodeal jar file have only stats, clicks counters for
nexage
mopub
admob
charboost
appflood
This is not ad network! Just mediation service only. It’s impossible to get higher or the same earnings like using these networks standalone. Starting budget of this company is 160k$, this is my half year earnings for now and I am not big developer. 5 bigger developers like 1k$/day will drain their budget. So the solution is one, they are getting some provision. Its also possible they want to build user base for serving own ads but their sdk haven’t this possibility (they can always use mopub premium). So I think this is temporary “ad network” to build big user base, even 160k$ cost and after that, finish business and start to spam your users with their own ads for example apps.

They will pay money to users but there is some catch:
-provision
-free ads
-close business and free ads

There is not possibility to pay you higher. You can make similar mediation service for private use, half month of work and you have it for free :wink:

How it probably works?
-each user is created in admob, mopub, nexage… as each different app
-they are using backfill solutions between networks (MANUALY, there is not access to data in most networks, some have api, some not)
-earnings are calculating every 24h, they need to check if you earned something in other networks
-checked, verified, getting provision and pay you some % (or building own user base^^)

There is not possibility to get data from admob, revmob, inmobi and other big networks to “compare ecpm” like they have info on website, even mopub haven’t this possibility. They can only backfill. Data from admob would cost BIIIG money :wink:

So many lies on their website and this thread (image).

Business model is fine pavel.golubev but only for no coding users and people who want to sacrifice % earnings to get money daily. If there is not provision, I think it’s dangerous to use and sell your user base for couple earlier payments :wink:

Good job. Indeed, Appodeal is a mediation platform. In addition, we have internal marketplace and are integrated with RTB exchanges as well.
Currently we are integrated with OpenX, Nexage, TapSense and other RTB exchanges.

We will be adding more networks and RTB exchanges shortly.
Essentially, our SDK gives you access to the global market of advertisers on all networks and exchanges.

It is possible to get higher revenues, because each ad network performance varies a lot based on many factors: app category, ad placement, geo location, device model, user behavior, current advertisers.

Appodeal imports daily reports through ad networks API. When we get reports imported into Appodeal, we can analyze them (programmatically) and understand how each network performs under different circumstances. Once you send us enough traffic (normally, around 10K impressions), we have enough data to build a list of ad networks that perform better for your specific app in each country on each device model. Next time, whenever your app sends requests to display an ad, Appodeal server is sending a list of ad networks, sorted by highest possible yield. After that, SDK sends requests to each network one by one until it receives the first response.

Essentially, Appodeal accepts bids from third-party ad networks and RTB exchanges and displays ad from a network, that placed higher bid.

Starting budget of this company is 160k$, this is my half year earnings for now and I am not big developer. 5 bigger developers like 1k$/day will drain their budget. So the solution is one, they are getting some provision. Its also possible they want to build user base for serving own ads but their sdk haven’t this possibility (they can always use mopub premium). So I think this is temporary “ad network” to build big user base, even 160k$ cost and after that, finish business and start to spam your users with their own ads for example apps.

They will pay money to users but there is some catch:
-provision
-free ads
-close business and free ads

Appodeal is targeting to build a strong user base of app developers by optimizing ads.
Once we get enough user base, the next step would be serving our own ad campaigns from big advertisers.

Also, we have enough funding to process upfront payments.

You can make similar mediation service for private use, half month of work and you have it for free :wink:

You sure can and many app developers do so.
However, please note, that Appodeal is not charging developers anything.

How it probably works?
-each user is created in admob, mopub, nexage… as each different app
-they are using backfill solutions between networks (MANUALY, there is not access to data in most networks, some have api, some not)
-earnings are calculating every 24h, they need to check if you earned something in other networks
-checked, verified, getting provision and pay you some % (or building own user base^^)

That is very close. However we do not process any data manually. It all works automatically. All networks, that we are integrated with, provide API to import reports.
It takes up to 24h, because many networks have a slight delay in their reporting API.

There is not possibility to get data from admob, revmob, inmobi and other big networks to “compare ecpm” like they have info on website, even mopub haven’t this possibility. They can only backfill. Data from admob would cost BIIIG money :wink:

That is not correct. All ad networks have a way to access their reports.

Business model is fine pavel.golubev but only for no coding users and people who want to sacrifice % earnings to get money daily. If there is not provision, I think it’s dangerous to use and sell your user base for couple earlier payments :wink:

Appodeal is made for developers, who want to concentrate on their app development, rather than struggling with ad networks, picking the right one, comparing them manually and optimizing their ad campaigns.