Anybody make a living from personal Android projects?

I make about $400/month right now. I’m actually unemployed right now, so am working hard trying to get some new apps done.

So this 3 mobileCore, AppNext & StartApp are safe in GPlay and didn’t get you any problem? thanks

That is correct. You still have to work around Google’s policies such as keeping all ads within the app or the user knowing when they are being directed elsewhere etc.

Oh my god, a lot of you people earn HUUGE money(100$+ a day), and you aren’t happy? I would make a living if I get 15$ a day… :expressionless: Sadly it’s just a cent a day for now. But I won’t give up.
Where do you guys live that 100$+ day is not enough?

In Europe/USA 100$+/day is not so much… Living is more expensive, noone would survive for 15$

Why are you stating the term “enough”?

Once you reach a goal in life do you just say “Well, I did it!” and just spend the rest of your time sitting on the sofa watching daytime tv?
I think most of us here reach a goal and just set a new goal - a further increased revenue goal, a new type of project, expanding the business.

It can mean everything.

Also earning would drop fast if you did nothing for a while (I am a living proof, haha).

Well, what I meant with “enough” was - isn’t 100$ a day enough for making a living? Ofcourse I understand, that everyone will always try to get more, and more and more, but im talking just about those big sums for living. Well if you are the only money maker in the family and got a wife and 3 kids, then maybe 3k a month is not enough for living, but if your wife is working, or you’re alone, then 3k a month is amazing money. Atleast here in Latvia.
Me myself, I can live with 300EUR a month. Right now im living alone and with 200EUR a month, which is a bit hard, but I can still manage… Good thing I got into a budget place in university so my studies are for free. If it wouldn’t be, I’d probably spend the rest of my life as a supermarket cashier.

In my opinion to get big money someday you have to want this. Aiming 15$ a day won’t make you rich (only by a coincident). On the other hand if you want to make 4-digits ammount of $ per day won’t make you reach either but you have made the first step - you want it and you try to achieve it.

Damn, that’s not what I wanted to say. Of course im aiming to be a freaking billionaire. But I was just surprised how 100$ a day is not enough for living.

sorry for misunderstanding you then:) If you have more money you have more ways to spend it. For example now you probably want to buy a car or a flat. If you have 100$ per day you can think about building a house (it’s still not enough money to do that). if you have 1000$ per day you will think about 2nd house near a sea or sport car or smth. It never ends:)

Yeah I guess so. Once you get used to higher standards, it’s hard to go down and give up on something.

And it heavily depends on country.

I am in USA. $100 per day is enough for surviving, but not living.

Yeah, I suppose in USA it’s completely different. Heard from a friend that in NY, for example, even 5k a month is pretty small money.

Move to CZ, avg income per month is $1000… Doing $100 daily will allow you to “live large”

I don’t think moving is a good option. :slight_smile: Things will be cheaper but also lower quality. For example in Poland you can live quite well for $1000 per month but you will have to eat the cheapest and lowest quality food, drive a 10 year old car and you wouldn’t be able to afford a new car or house. And if you start to buy things of higher quality (and a lot of chocolate like me) that $1000 will soon be as little as $1000 in USA.

Although $100 per day in Poland (giving about $3000 per month) is quite much, I have to admit, you would have trouble spending it all.

First rule of business: Spend less than you earn…

But still… real estates are cheaper in Poland than in USA/Canada/Australia. Income taxes are also lower, when you earn a lot (19% in Poland).
You may need to pay thousand of dollars tax for a house every year in USA, while my house in Poland cost me about $120 in tax every year…

You are right of course. I forgot about that. And our income tax is great.