Admob's new rule:Do not place interstitial ads on app load and when exiting apps as i

I also have the same question as you.

of course you can. You can even override back button and remove the callback.
Just be sure that you don’t call super.onBackPressed() or finish() when you show ad. Only after adClose

Thank you very much. I will start to try it! :slight_smile:

No matter how you guys word it,

interstitial between app load and content load
interstitial after content load
interstitial 7 seconds after app load

it will all be the same in the eyes of google and admob, disallowed.

I think there is still some time left to get away having this implementation, until admob/gplay officially sends out emails to everyone and makes this into a proper announcement.

As of now, i switched my launch interstitials to a different network, and my revenue is now half of what it was two days ago.

Half is better than banned admob account, I guess :frowning:

agreed that google/admob will take such interstitials as same.

but how about showing admob interstitial once user click something after app load.

so do not hardcode the delay as few seconds,rather load the interstitial and wait for the first click from user and show the ad.

in this way following both the conditions of google will be fullfilled.

ads on logical breaks

no surprising sudden ads

etc.

what do u say?

Yea, technically, I would say that should be fine, but you never know what Google or AdMob will decide.

It says in the policy that interstitial every few actions is ok, so I am assuming its ok as well.

I am ok with google setting their policies and such, thats fine.

But I don’t like that Google does a “sneak attack” like this, they should make a statement or an announcement before they block apps. I think this is a pretty serious revenue hit on a lot of developers.

I like how not a single “other ad network” guys reply in this thread at all, hahaha. What do you guys have to say about this?

Google play policy seems not say … cannot display AD on start app or exit app.
And I register mobileCore 20 minutes ago. And I see this “We strongly recommend to display the interstitial ad on the app exit phase and …” in the integration guide. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really confuse about this situation.

yes. and those “every few actions” are minimum 2.

means to say that at worst we can show interstitial ads after every 2 clicks of the user.

these clicks might be any click anywhere including back button press as well.

Any idea what is the dead line to incorporate this policy compliance ???

I agree with you, however every 2 clicks will probably be over kill as far as “user experience”, i show an ad every 10-15 actions and everyone is pretty pissed off already.

I’ve two page app. From main activity user can go to (2nd page ) any of multiple activities(say 1,2,3, so on). user interacts only in the 2nd page. While interaction there is no interstitial shown on 2nd page. Only in some activities, i put a banner on bottom. While returning 2nd page to main page (again, from some activities) i show interstitial using onBackpress (using pre-loading-if loaded then only show). There is banner on main page nor any exit ad. So in my case,whole user interaction occurs in 2nd page. Only returning to home page interstitial is being shown. Now what is bothering me,

[i]Examples of non-compliant implementations include but are not limited to:

Placing an interstitial ad after every user action, including but not limited to clicks, swipes, etc. You should place no more than one interstitial ad after every two user actions within your app. Please note that this requirement also applies when a user clicks the Back button within the app.
Placing an interstitial ad immediately after another interstitial ad was shown to and closed by the user.[/i]

Whats your thought guys ?

i contacted admob on this. but did not get any reply untill now.
may be they are busy in making new policy to screw the developers.

have you guys made the changes in admob full ads as mentioned by policy?

admob are annoying

OH My God. Why me again.

I got second mail from admob. The second APP cannot show interstitlal AD soon. (Few hours later)
Admob should set the dayline which is more reasonable.

They say give me sometime to upgrade, but previous mail is 9 days ago. (I already efforts to update other 3 APPs.)

Don’t want say more.
Continue to switch AD network.
Busy and Very Tired.

did not understand your most of the sentences.
please make the sentences clear to understand.

OH. Sorry for my poor English.

9 days ago, I received one mail from admob.
Admob says my APP-1 already violate “AdMob program policies” because my APP-1 show Interstitial-AD on APP exit.
I removed admob Interstitial-AD and changed to use another AD network at my APP-1. (I also updated my another 2 APPs [APP-2 and APP-3] )

Yesterday, I received new mail from admob. (So I say why me again.)
Admob says my APP-4 already violate “AdMob program policies” because my APP-4 show Interstitial-AD on APP exit.
After received this email, I know interstitial AD cannot be show after 1~2 hours. (Don’t give me anytime to upgrade APP-4.)

I continued to switch admob interstitial AD from admob to other AD network (also use interstitial AD on APP exit).
So I am Busy and Very Tired yesterday. ^^

From your experience it looks like that exit Interstitial ads are ok as long as another ad network is choosed in place of admob?

So let me put straight. To be admob ad policy complient, keep everything same and replace the exit ad with another network. because removing exit ad will be huge blow on revenue.so replacing it with another network will be fair deal to make good balance of policy and revenue.

moreover i will inject my apps/games with extra admob interstitial ad for every 20 click events. thats what admob want to give good user experience. morfe*s

In the past, I only used admob. For other ad network, I only use a few days.
So it is impossible to say which is better. Also the program features that I think will be related.

I think the best way is add more than one ad networks to APP.
Don’t use only one ad network.
WHY ==> My APP-1 and APP-4 still can’t show any admob AD though I already remove admob ADs. If people not upgraded to newest APP, all the old APP is always no AD at that.