Admob's new rule:Do not place interstitial ads on app load and when exiting apps as i

I think interstitial ads to your old app versions will not stop. But admob wants latest version with no interstitial ads on app start.

so you need not to worry for users who have not upgraded to your app. they will continue to see full ad on app start.

I have heard and did some research on new ad policy of admob ads on app start and exit.

i found that they are performing random checks on developers.

they will issue a warning to me if they will find me. shall i wait for that. i can modify ads in all the apps/games in few hours.

i violate the admob ad display on exit rule. but i do not show admob ad on app exit always. i show it after every 6 sessions.

shall i continue the way it is going and may be or may not be admob will come to know??

@gcc, if you still want to use admob ad on exit, why not to override back button and remove it totally and place it there? I think that should be fine (but still not sure)

about the app load, I have a question, policy says it shouldn’t happen:

1. User launches app
  2. you show ad
  3. Content loads

I always do this:

1. user launches app
  2. content loads
  3. after 2-5 seconds I start to load ad (which also takes 2-4 seconds) and show when available

is mine still violates or not?

I think thats absolutely fine.

you can break “admob ad show on app start” rule in 2 parts.

On app start content must load first and then ad (You followed this. so no problem)

Even content is loaded first,full ad must NOT be shown as a surprise to the user. it means that there must be some event/click from user to show the ad. ad must not appear after content load if user is simply looking at the screen and not doing anything.

But practically it is not possible from impatient users that they would not make any click or event in those 6-7 seconds. so it is not a problem.

even if ad appears without any user activity, i do not think there is any measure to find that except manual checking which is.not possible to do for millions of the apps.

so you must be fine i think.

Why admob doesn’t write the policy SPEC clearly?
And they must set a deadline for disallow show ad on start or exit.

And I don’t think they are random check on developers for violate the policy.
I think that I am a nobody and income is also less. So they choice me. :~~ (choice twice.)
Now I almost remove all admob interstitial ad from my APP.

And I know some people they are familiar with admob.
And I check their APP. also display AD on exit.
Very very strange.
Go to sleep. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am still using admon on app start/exit.
did not get any warning from admob so far.

so it proves that their checks are random.

anyone got any warning mail from admob?

i will wait and watch.

Two of my Apps admob is suspended now((1 iOS and 1 Android) and more to come. I have 70+ Apps and most of them use Interstitial at startup…

I don’t mind Admob changes their policy. But give us time(2 weeks at least) to update.

I know they mentioned in their policy in March Update, but why not warn us about which apps violate their new policy.

And why the hell they still accept my new App with Interstitial on startup, recently???

I am now start shifting some of my Apps to other Ads network.

When you say “Interstitial ads on startup”, does that mean your show them even before loading the app content or few seconds after loading the content?

I show the ad immediately. I put the show Interstitial code on onCreate event. I see some comments here which say showing ads after a few seconds also get suspended.

Any suggestion?

Showing ads after few seconds of app content is loaded is divided in 2 parts.

Its fine if ad is shown immediately on some user click.

ad display without any user click event on startup may be in questions. but still oki.

where it is said in this thread that interstitial ad display after few seconds of startup is considered as suspendes app?

Interstitial adverts tend to be entire display adverts which protect the actual interface in their host software. They are usually exhibited with natural move factors inside the flow of an app, for example between routines or even during the pause between level inside a game.

Hi Garuda,

If you interested in joining a lucrative and stable network, check out Supersonic. Our lightweight SDK offers interstitials, offer walls and rewarded video (with free video ad mediation to ensure a fillrate of 99.99% :slight_smile: ) plus free SDK tracking. Our eCPMs on interstitials start at $3. Our self serve network allows you to manage your campaigns and budget. Message me if you’re interested in a sign up promotion of $100!
Cheers!

I don’t understand at all, how can Intersitial on App load annoy users, my app rated 4.5 now, and my users hate display ads between page (before I implement Ads between page, rated 4.6, and I display only after more than 3 action)…and if I remove Intersitial on App load my income drop to 1/4, so what’s now? Not just my users experiences drop even my income drop, I’m mad.

And if they are talking about accidental click then google is even more stupid than I though

This guide Google Ads Developer Blog: How to Create a Google Mobile Ads Splash Screen Interstitial on Android provide the best user experience, because Ad load before user start using my app so they can choose whether to engage with the Ad or not, the content are loading so users don’t have a reason to click the app which can lead to accidental clicks

Can anyone tell me the exact reason for all of this, can I change Ad Network and keep the Intersitial when App loading?

Well if you ask why Google has updated the policy like this. then i do not have any answer. Though noone like this new policy including me.

YES. you can show the ads on exit/start if you leave admob and start using another network as its only admob specific.

i myself show full ads after 7-8 seconds of app start and on app exit. Noone has sent any mail to me so far?

have you changed your ads after receiving some warning mail from admob or just for the sake of policy.complience?

Just for the sake of policy complience, I update my app once after the change but didn’t receive any warning mail, but update again after know about policy changed. So show full ads after 7-8 seconds app start is ok, isn’t it surprise users more than spash screen? Don’t understand at all, I guess change ad network is the safest option then

Does anyone receive warning email of Google Admob about insert interstitial ads when launching app?
I only insert interstitial ads 2 times inside app:
#1 When launching app, I have a loading screen and I have a progress circle run 7 seconds and load interstitial ads -> open app.
#2 When the first game-over time.
I haven’t ever received any warning email from Admob although it has lived for 4 months.
Last week, I disable #1 ads (when launching game) and the venue drop 2/3.
My game has ~40000 active installs/over 200000 installs. ~6000 downloads/day.

i use exit dialog with yes and no buttons to quit my games. and when user click yes i immediately show ad (previously preloaded) then finish the activity. i still don’t have problems with that way of use. even today i updated two of my apps and everything is fine. should i change this?

Go SMS use exit ads for Admob, maybe they will be ban.

Showing yes/no button anywhere is ok.
But showing ad on app exit os not ok as per new admob policy.

though i too use ad on exit and did not receive any admob warning.

i will probably change it with another network + will put one extra admob full ad in between the
app.

Ad on app start:-
I must say that showing full admob ad after 7-8 seconds is safe in comparison to showing it even before loading the content. I will continiew it.

Ad on App exit:-
I will change the network for this…additionaly i will put 1 extra afmob full ad in between the app to balance the admob revenue.