AdMob drop revenues

Ecpm dropped about 30% yesterday.

Yap, same here. CTR is suddenly low in this month. And eCPM…:frowning: well, decreasing more and more from past 2/3 months. Now ~ 0.45$ CPC ~0.02$…on 28th July, all time low revenue in past 10 months! eCPM was 0.29$…Only, large increment in no. of impressions is saving me to get a average revenue. Nowadays for 11 clicks for 0.08$ :confused:
Looks like admob has set a fixed upper limit for me:p. whatever impressions i try to reach, they always adjust other things.:rolleyes:

Same crappy eCPM yesterday and today.

The thing is that last year I had quite an increase around 15 august. Let’s see if this year is the same.

Down here too =\

Me too, Admob revenue down and not stable…so sad.

What kind of CPM are you guys seem and is it with banners or interstitials?

Admob users! Use Admob via Appodealit will greatly improve your revenue. I’m earning 10$/day with Admob directly but via Appodealit is now 40$ - 80$

This is after using your own admob account? Doesn’t sound realistic.

It just the same… If you use Admob via appodealthey will optimize ad serving(display only high paying ads) then display to your app…

What is unrealistic there for using [admob directly] vs [appodealwith optimized admob ads]?

Other than that they will display other high paying ads from other ad network not just admob… I think there are around 10 ad networks in the waterfall…

the separate account is just for the separate identity for admob to easily track fraud…

Rightly said. Even though I’m testing them for last couple of days, my initial thought : ctr is quite low(using interstitial,video) and surprisingly fill rate is also low. No app launch/exit placements.

People like you make Appodeal lose any credibility they have.

As others have reported Most of Revenue when appodeal is used comes from Admob (I believe its close to 90%). There is no way suddenly admob is going to generated 4x-8x revenue just because you are using appodeal.

any comments??
:cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do:). For those who do not develop or update apps regularly and do not generate large no. of impressions per day, it is quite tiresome to maintain 6/7 accounts in different ad networks and switch time to time. They have diff payment terms, pymnt threshold etc. Some of them will always be last in ur ‘waterfall’ and only generates few $. Sending xxK imprsns and getting few $ stuck with them is not well. There are some mediation service with diff ad-ntwrk partners. You choose accordingly seeing the ad-networks associated with them. Ultimately u’ll use the big ones in the ‘waterfall’. Appodeal is diff as they have master accounts with those and gives u accumulated revenues from smaller adntwrks. But i don’t believe xx boost with particular network.

Appodeal is certainly boosting up the revenue. may be 2-3 times.

Not using them currently. But i have used them.

Sounds good, but could you let us know why you don’t use them currently? Did you have any problem??

Do you really understand what revenue optimization is? That is what appodeal is doing… Think about it using Admob directly by default is not really effective… You can boost your revenue with admob too without using Appodeal but it will take more time and effort…

How do you propose they be done?
Any changes Appodeal makes, since they are in your account, You can apply the same to your other apps :slight_smile:

whenever ad is requsted, our request may have many limiting values for the ad network server.

For example:- ad category type, ad revenue etc.

these values are used by ad network mediations to meet our specified eCPM and Geo.

So one thing is for sure that we can request ads with our set of rules and generate the ad requests accordingly and ad mediation and revenue optimzer bodies like appodeal use them.

now question is, why we do not ask high revenue ads from the ad network always?

Answer is, ad network inventory may not have such ads all the time. so they will not fill your request leading to extreme low fill rate.
as long as we have arranged poper back fill ad networks to make sure that fill rate is not effected from such selective ad requests, we can use such selective ad requests.

appodeal and many mediation networks manage back fills and takes time to choose the ad to be displayed.
Thats why you can get good results with them on ad displays during app launch. because by that time their algorithm is still enquiring grom networks.

we can fire such ad requests by ourself also. but it will be huge work and not required also.
This is absolutely my own thinking.
Hope it helps.

GCC,

I don’t think thats how it works.
Admob gives you metrics on % of category of ads displayed and % of revenue for that category (at total account level and not at app level).
At best mediation networks who has access to account can disable certain categories. But if you look at the results at best it will result in 10% change across best to worst category.

If someone claims Appodeal can improve performance by 10%, thats trustworthy. Not 2x and 10x.

People like you will waste our precious time in explaining… Gud luck and try it if you want… Our revenue will not increase explaining people like you… haha