Apps banned for System Interference

So, I got 3 of my apps, and later the whole account, banned last night for the reason of System Interference. I have mix of Mobario, TapContext and AppWiz in my apps. I don’t know what System Interference they are talking about. The only thing that comes to mind is exit ads. I use TapContext and AppWiz exit ads. The other thing that comes to mind is Mobario it self. I don’t know what to think about that.

You can see below my exit ads code, how I do it. So, maybe I’m doing it wrong. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

@Override
	public void onBackPressed()
	{
	AppwizSDK.startExitAds(Menu.this);
	ExitAd exit = new ExitAd(this);
    exit.show();
	}

do you use EULA for mobario?

Yes I do…

If this is Mobario, unless EULA is showing, we have a big problem with another ad networks like Pingjam or widdit?

Can you copy the whole mail Google sent you? Might contain specific clues about what happened.

EDIT: Well, I think you’re looking at the wrong culprit by examining exit ads. If that were the problem, your reason of banning would be “Ad Policy - Ad Walls and Interstitial Ads”, not “System Interference”.

So, that leaves Mobario’s widget and Appwiz’s homepage. Assuming both are correctly showing an EULA before activating, maybe one of them doesn’t clearly state in the EULA what it is they do?

Could also be Appwiz’s homepage being considered a bookmark, but that horse is long dead, and seeing as StartApp also includes such a change and has a considerably large developer base, I’m pretty sure we’d be hearing about a lot more bans by now.

This is a notification that your application, , with package ID com.****, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the System Interference provision of the Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a new instance of the app that is compliant with the developer terms. Before uploading any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit this Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this removal.

The Google Play Team

Perfectly desame to what happened to mine just 2 days ago. I also used appwiz and mobario combined, no tapcontext, now i cant figure out who is the real source of that issue, either mobario and appwiz.

Yes, thanks mate.

Hmm Mobario claimed that are 100% compliant…

They all do. But what about this, from AppWiz’s FAQ:

"http://www.appwiz.com/faq

Q: What will my users get?
A:We will add a search access point to the user’s device, where the browser homepage will lead to our search homepage. In addition, as per the triggers you decide and implement, the user will be served ads in one of our display ad formats."

Is that System Interference?

If one were to get extremely technical, yes. After all, it does make a change to a system app (Browser). But if we’re going this route, then the same reasoning can be applied to ban StartApp/Pingjam’s phone-call related solutions (interferes with phone functions), or Widdit’s lockscreen (interferes with default lock screen). Even Mobario wouldn’t escape the culling, as their widget overlaps every single app in existence, by obstructing buttons and reducing visibility of the activity; that’s pretty much the definition of interference.

It’s great that Google is so vague, isn’t it! :wink:

So what could be the reason then??? Exit ads?

As I said in a previous post, exit ads would get you banned under “Ad Policy - Ad Walls and Interstitial Ads”, not “System Interference”.

System Interference section doesn’t even remotely reference interstitial ads.

This is one of those things we just can’t figure out until more people start reporting they have been banned.

To be safe, I will not use them now untill all things clear.

Gosh. I guess either Mobario out of app ads (their arrow and that active thing in notification bar) or AppWiz changing of homepage.

Its more likely,

1. Mobario : Their widget overlaps all apps which is super annoying and definitely pisses off users. Their Widget spams just like their rep who spams every android forum. Ironic, isnt it?

2. Tapcontext: The most horrible Ad network for android. Only advertises the most “spammy” and “deceptive” antivirus ads to trick consumers into buying their stupid virus removals apps and crap and continues to rebill them forever.

Where is then widdit with his lockscreen then? Users approved EULA.

Go Back to Appwiz: If they add something to browser and no EULA is showing - this is violation for sure

Hi @Nabukodonosor,

Sorry to hear about your suspension.

There are a number of reasons for apps/accounts to be suspended.

1. The types of advertising/SDK on the App
  2. What the app does
  3. The method the EULA is presented

Answers:
1. There are some SDKs that have advertisements in there SDK (for example: TapContext - Armor AntiVirus). This specific one is misleading the user in thinking they have a virus and only Armor Antivirus will help.

Also AppWiz has a serious problem: “Apps and their ads must not add home screen shortcuts” - This is the system interference. The following is taken from AppWiz’s FAQ:

Appwiz
Q: What will my users get?
A:We will add a search access point to the user’s device, where the browser homepage will lead to our search homepage. In addition, as per the triggers you decide and implement, the user will be served ads in one of our display ad formats.

Taking profits from Google is never a good idea, and even placing a EULA is not going to help…

[2:48:44 PM] Mr. Kim: I know, you have the point… i am suspecting appwiz too 90% :smiley:

2. Certain apps are not allowed as well. Example: Issues that have to do with Copyright laws, and tricking the user into thinking something happened to their phone without having proper EULA.

3. When using MOBARIO, you must use our EULA or add our EULA to yours. If you do not, than this is a policy breach.

Lastly, we recommend to always use our latest SDK that includes our best updates!

You can always reach us and consult with us on every matter.

Always here for you,
The MOBARIO Team

System Interference:
An app downloaded from Google Play (or its components or derivative elements) must not make changes to the user’s device outside of the app without the user’s knowledge and consent.
This includes behavior such as replacing or reordering the default presentation of apps, widgets, or the settings on the device. If an app makes such changes with the user’s knowledge and consent, it must be clear to the user which app has made the change and the user must be able to reverse the change easily, or by uninstalling the app altogether.
Apps and their ads must not add homescreen shortcuts, browser bookmarks, or icons on the user’s device as a service to third parties or for advertising purposes.
Apps and their ads must not display advertisements through system level notifications on the user’s device, unless the notifications derive from an integral feature provided by the installed app. (e.g., an airline app that notifies users of special deals, or a game that notifies users of in-game promotions).
Apps must not encourage, incentivize, or mislead users into removing or disabling third-party apps except as part of a security service provided by the app.

I am not sure about Appwiz. I never worked with them so can’t comment. If they are not showing EULA and pushing their browser homebase change, then its a violation.

Hi @appsg,

The “browser homebase change” issue, Google doesn’t even make it allowed with a EULA on this matter. They are very strict on this matter since this is Google’s main business… Do you agree?