Apps banned for System Interference

If they are so strict on this matter, why does the policy have no entries regarding the homepage?

They show EULA.

So don’t know right now… If users agreed would be ok

Did you try uninstalling an App that has appwiz in it?

“If an app makes such changes with the user’s knowledge and consent, it must be clear to the user which app has made the change and the user must be able to reverse the change easily, or by uninstalling the app altogether.”

Does the search homepage will removed when uninstall the app? does anyone observed?

Exactly my point.

This is the best point made here so far, you may be on to something.

yes thanks, but I did have appwiz on my apps… but the problem was their homepage is not showing on my phone…so i am guessing maybe others do.

For me also didn’t get any search on homepage in system browser…

Also me. Google homepage when I start browser.

So, not AppWiz’s fault after all? :slight_smile:

Still confusing. LOL :smiley:

Hello dear developers and Mobario Man:

Regarding the response by Mobario’s representative, stating:
“Apps and their ads must not add home screen shortcuts”

As of August 29th, when we released our new SDK (first to do so), we do not add any home screen shortcuts, browser bookmarks, or icons to the user’s device. We do change the settings on the device (settings of the homepage) after receiving user consent. This, like other networks, is distributed on thousands of apps by hundreds of developers, so although I don’t know exactly what went wrong in these specific apps, I can assure that if our SDK was implemented correctly, it had nothing to do with the ban.

If you have any other questions pls e mail me directly at [email protected]

Have a nice day!

Anni

Hi @Appwiz,

Thank you for replying to this thread. According to what you just said, you are confirming everyone’s fears.

Appwiz: "We do change the settings on the device (settings of the homepage).

Even with consent you cannot make these changes. The consent (EULA) is used for other changes not this one. We recommend that you read the policy more carefully and comply.

Developers on this forum work hard to create amazing apps and for many of them this is there only income. Not everything is just revenue for the Network and Advertisers. There are people behind each app.

I hope you guys make the necessary changes so that others don’t receive more bans.

All the best,
Mobario_Man

StartApp also change the homepage with their SDK. No one has been banned from this.

I think the in-app sdk doesn’t but search slider sdk does change home page. Also startapp in-app sdk is also flagged as adware by AVG.

Quick comment - Our latest SDK is no longer flagged by AVG or any other AV app out there.

And yes, we do have a search page homepage, we’ve had this for over two years during which the SDK with this ability was downloaded over 1,000,000,000 times by end users. We’ve yet to hear of a developer that was banned due to this and we saw no mention to this on the policy (homepage is not a bookmark. Homepage is a homepage). If we will, we’ll react quickly to resolve.

Ariel.

Too bad you don’t pay anything anymore. :slight_smile:

So, it’s Mobario’s fault I think. ?

Oh man, finally it is happening to my app

I created a wallpaper. 1 of My app has been terminated due to system interference too, just this morning.
I use

1. Mobario SDK,
  2. Startapp SDK (search and post call),
  3. Airpush SDK (smartwall only)
  4. Appflood SDK (interstitial)

what the hell google, just when I start to work really hard you screw us all.
I didn’t use exit ads and interfering with back button or home key etc.

what should I do guys ? should I unpublish all of my app for now ? my account is still on good standing
@Nabukodonosor : how long between each of your app that been detected as system interference got terminate ? 2 - 3 hour ?

Seeing as Google has its crosshairs on your account already, I’d recommend ripping out all the potentially problematic networks and republishing them ASAP. Better to go a while with no revenue (until you figure out the reason for the bans), than your entire account going up in flames.

Also, can you tell us if your other apps (the ones still standing) were using a different advertisement combination? We really need some more clues on what might be triggering Google’s wrath, so please list any differences in networks on your apps.

Nope, all of my app have the same ads combination from that 4 ad network.
Thanks for the advise. my terminated app is very new honestly, it barely only 1 week. with total download around 150.

Well, that’s extremely odd then…

How did Google even run into such a low-profile app? I highly doubt they have someone examine every single app that is published, and with a total download count of 150, it’s a reasonable assumption that it wouldn’t have had a large volume of reports.

Then there’s also another odd fact: From what I know, Google examines all your apps whenever they detect a violation in one of them, which causes the domino effect that a lot of people describe when they get their account nuked. (several app termination e-mails in quick succession followed by an account termination notification) Since you only had the one app removed, it would suggest that the problem isn’t actually with the ad networks, but with something else. Can you give any more information about the features of the removed app?