StartApp new SDK - main thread

just integrated this with one of my app. i have few questions

1. if i integrate both post call and search banner, will i get paid double per install?(if not this call thing doesn’t make any sense to me. more scary permissions and less number of supported devices)

2. when i open the app, the slider shows up little later. this is not good as it could lower the number of clicks.

3. according to EULA, it still change the user’s home page. does this comply with google TOS?

i think it would be better if StartApp offer an option to add appwall+slider only so that we don’t have to show the EULA

very disappointed with startapp slider. it takes quite time to show the handle(seems waiting for something to load). and even if it shows up, the slider is a white space(seems a webview) and it takes another time to load content/ads :frowning:

I’m also very dissapointed with startapp new SDK… I have some problems with integrating SDK, and after that, on developer console I’m getting a lot of errors like this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{increase.signal.strength.dontknow.professional/increase.signal.strength.dontknow.professional.MainActivity}: android.os.BadParcelableException: ClassNotFoundException when unmarshalling: 21com.startapp.android.publish.banner.BannerOpti
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2203)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2230)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:150)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1301)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:153)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5006)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:821)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:584)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: android.os.BadParcelableException: ClassNotFoundException when unmarshalling: 21com.startapp.android.publish.banner.BannerOpti
at android.os.Parcel.readParcelable(Parcel.java:2077)
at android.view.AbsSavedState.<init>(AbsSavedState.java:57)
at android.view.View$BaseSavedState.<init>(View.java:17388)
at com.startapp.android.publish.banner.bannerstandard.BannerStandard$SavedState.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.startapp.android.publish.banner.bannerstandard.BannerStandard$SavedState.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.startapp.android.publish.banner.bannerstandard.BannerStandard$SavedState$1.createFromParcel(Unknown Source)
at com.startapp.android.publish.banner.bannerstandard.BannerStandard$SavedState$1.createFromParcel(Unknown Source)
at android.os.Parcel.readParcelable(Parcel.java:2103)
at android.os.Parcel.readValue(Parcel.java:1965)
at android.os.Parcel.readSparseArrayInternal(Parcel.java:2255)
at android.os.Parcel.readSparseArray(Parcel.java:1687)
at android.os.Parcel.readValue(Parcel.java:2022)
at android.os.Parcel.readMapInternal(Parcel.java:2226)
at android.os.Bundle.unparcel(Bundle.java:223)
at android.os.Bundle.getSparseParcelableArray(Bundle.java:1232)
at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.restoreHierarchyState(PhoneWindow.java:1624)
at android.app.Activity.onRestoreInstanceState(Activity.java:929)
at android.app.Activity.performRestoreInstanceState(Activity.java:901)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnRestoreInstanceState(Instrumentation.java:1135)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2181)

On my phone everything is ok, but in 30 minutes I got about 25 errors like above one. Is it too hard to make SDK without crashes?! Damn, I think I will go to other network… They even can’t make easy SDK’s without a lot of errors and problems…

Has any1 updated their apps with the new sdk yet? It would be helpful to see some actual numbers and compare them…

I updated to the latest SDK however the stat wasn’t showing anything. It seems like they haven’t start the system yet.

OK, that’s enough. I prefer everyone to NOT UPDATE TO NEW SDK. It has so many errors, that in last few hours I get more crashes than from all last year from all applications. More than 50 crashes after 4 hours… Next errors:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Receiver not registered: com.startapp.android.publish.AppWallActivity
and:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width and height must be > 0
at android.graphics.Bitmap.nativeCreate(Native Method)
at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:477)
at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:444)
at android.graphics.Bitmap.createScaledBitmap(Bitmap.java:349)
at com.startapp.android.publish.banner.banner3d.Banner3D.initSingleBannerView(Unknown Source)
at com.startapp.android.publish.banner.banner3d.Banner3D.onImageRequestCompleted(Unknown Source)

That’s all from me. Thanks startapp for earlier cooperation and good lack! bye!

I also integrated yesterday and had some hundreds of downloads, but I don’t see those numbers on stats.

not worthy for big developers now.

what is ???

startAppAd.showAd();
startAppAd.loadAd();

error ADD cast to startappad

Banner only available in xml, post call manager pays really low and slider doesn’t work very well.
Not very pleased :frowning:

hi Ubeyou,

This is for anyone that is integrating our full suite of SDK’s, or any combination with the Post Call Manager. There’s a very simple solution to the tablet issue, adding a single line to the manifest, which basically says the telephony services are not mandatory, and enables this to be downloaded on tablets as well -

<uses-feature
android:name=“android.hardware.telephony”
android:required=“false” />

Hope this helps,
Ariel.

Hi r_19,

In the case you are getting a very small amount of impressions (a few tens a day) your eCPM’s may swing from extremely high to very low, and even $0. Think that even 1 user installs an app after clicking, you might get $1 for that install, and if you had 50 impressions, that’s $20 eCPM. If no one installs, you get $0.

The bonus is connected to your in-app revenue, yes. My suggestion is simply test it for a week, and see the results for yourself. Not happy? remove the InApp ads.

Ariel.

Hi Bradolh,

I see what you’re saying, but the rates, once you run this will not be very far from what you earned with us in the past. In addition, no reason you can’t run a few of those in parallel, earning from all of them.

And last, and this is an important distinction - Other than flat rates, you want to partner with an ad network that you can trust. That you know you’ll get proper support and more important, a stable and reliable payment. With us you know that’s what you’re getting. We’ve been around for over 2 years and paid over $15,000,000 to app developers.

Just another something to consider.

Shoot over an email or private message if you have more questions.

Ariel.

Hey androiddev,

1. Yes, of course. Each product is priced separately, bringing the max potential PPD to $20 for 1000 downloads.

2. We noticed this as well, working on a fix.

3. Homepage was not mentioned as a part of the new policy. Given that Google knows who we are and what we are doing (they clearly noticed the search icon and our EULA), it is safe to say that this plays by the rules.

Hope this helps!

Ariel.

anyway is it just me or starapp ads is really just have 3 ads?
-Opera Browser
-Du battery saver 2
-Clean Master

always that ads that show.

and i want to ask, is the slider used eCPM too beside PPD?

I hope Startapp release SDK for Unity3D before 23rd of September. Without it , my only way to not violate Google terms is remove old Startapp SDKs and wait for the new one when in the meantime revenue will hit the 0$…

Thank you Ariel. a decent replay from a decent company

Same here.
They also promised a mediation adapter but yet to hear anything on that from them.

Hi Keitaro3660,

Seeing only 3 ads might be related to where you are running your ads from. We are constantly working on diversifying and adding more international campaigns, and more are added all the time.

About the slider, it is PPD only, no eCPM there.

Ariel.

Hi javaexp,

if by the mediation adapter you mean our SDK migration tool (allows to update multiple SDK’s at once), you can find more details here -

SDK Converter Utility Terms

Ariel.