New Google Ads Policy

I use admob and adscence.
did not receive any such mail.

I ask them again to clearly answer my question

Thanks but you actually didn’t answer my question, just repeat one from your last answers.
Do I need to implement that into native Android applications that displays Interstitial advertisements from Admob?

Many thanks for your DIRECT answer

And they didn’t answer my yet.

My email for admob:

I received an email from google ads policy:

“We want to let you know about a new policy about obtaining EU end-users
consent that reflects regulatory and best practice guidance. It clarifies
your duty to obtain end-user consent when you use products like Google
AdSense, DoubleClick for Publishers and DoubleClick Ad Exchange.”

and the email includes the following:

“If your site or app does not have a compliant consent mechanism, you
should implement one
now.”
my question is whether this policy applies to native android applications
with admob or only to web mobile apps with adsense??.

Thank you

Admob response:

Thank you for your email.

I understand you might have some questions around how best to comply with our new EU user consent policy. Let me provide you with answers to the most common questions. Additionally, I would recommend you familiarize yourself with the FAQ section in our Help Center as well as Cookiechoices.org, a website dedicated to making it as easy as possible to comply with this policy.

Does this policy only affect European publishers?

No. This policy applies to all publishers that have European users. You should present consent messages to users that are visiting from the EU (though you can present the messages to all visitors if you wish). On our site at Cookiechoices.org we list vendors that offer solutions that can be used to limit these messages to EU visitors only.

Which publisher advertising products does this apply to?

All publishers and developers must comply with the EU user consent policy, including AdSense, AdMob, DoubleClick Ad Exchange, and Doubleclick for Publishers. For more information, please refer to the AdSense Program Policies, the Google DoubleClick Ad Exchange (AdX) Seller Program Guidelines and the DoubleClick Platforms Program Policies.

What happens if I do not comply?

Failing to comply with the EU user consent policy would result in escalation, and ultimately in the termination of your account.

Can you suggest how to phrase the consent message on a website?

While we cannot tell you what your consent message should say — because it will largely depend on your own uses of cookies and other information, and the third party services you work with — we can give you some pointers.

Here’s a message that might be appropriate for your website, if you use products like Google AdSense or some Google Analytics features. Just remember, you’ll need to adjust this to suit your own uses of cookies and other information.

“We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information from your device with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. [OK]”

For more help, see Cookiechoices.org.

Do I need to show consent messages on mobile websites as well?

Yes. Though we appreciate that screen size may necessitate a short message.

Can you suggest how to phrase the consent message within an app?

Just like with the desktop and mobile web consent messages, it will largely depend on your own uses of cookies and other information, and the third party services you work with. However, we can give you some pointers. Here is a sample message for an app:

“We use device identifiers to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share such identifiers and other information from your device with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. [See details] [OK]”

We trust the above answer will provide you with satisfactory insights into the issue.

Kind regards

This is absurd. every android native apps from google play with admob… puff
sorry for my English.
:frowning:

So seriously is anyone putting this message in all their games ? It would be easier for me to just cancel Admob then update 200 games.

Therein lies the problem, when Google insisted that I update my existing apps with a content rating, I got an app taken down that had been up for years. I also got a ‘strike’ and the reason is still a mystery to me. I too have many apps, and a mass update will most likely result in another ‘strike’ and kill my account.

I’m holding off.

relax guys this is for websites not apps. This is for ADSENSE Only Websites not Admob android apps.

Well thats what I thought but tons of developers across forums have email responses from Google that say if you use Admob you have to have that message.

I still think its only for web oriented apps. I guess this should unravel within a month or so. Im not putting this awful message in my games.

It’s for apps as well. You need to have the consent message even if you use Google Analytics and no ads! However, if you think that changing ad network will help, it will not. This is not something Google came up with, it’s the twisted/uninformed EU politicians (who are all C-grade students, btw). All ad networks will have to comply eventually.

I believe it is meant also for apps, especially as you can find android and iOS example code on their page.
I have already implement it on my 3 apps. Still 9 to go. I hope I will find source code for all of them, since some of them are really old :slight_smile:
I don’t imagine how much work someone has with this sh*** if he has 200 apps??
They should make this easier for us. Best way it would be, just adding privacy policy under google play developer console.

So if the user doesnt accept your message you remove Admob banner from showing right ?

So 0 money for you ? Thats what it says in the rules if used in apps. The user has to accept, if he doesnt you cant show ads.

If you look at example code, you will see that there is only one button there. You cannot choose if you agree or not, app just let you know and by closing dialog you agree with that.
Well, I guess, it can be implemented also in different way, like you said with 2 buttons and then you adjust app.

If they don’t consent close your app.

I don’t think the user is supposed to have an option to access to decline. I think it’s like the current cookie notifications we see on a lot of website where you can only acknowledge it by press OK or “got it”. I think they want a similar thing in apps where the user is simply informed and the alert will only have one button saying “ok”.

Otherwise we would have to kick out users who don’t accept

Shouldn’t Google add this to their Google Play policies if it really involves every kind of application? and shouldn’t also be in Admob rules?

Challenge right will be put this dialog with interstitial as well. Maybe there is other option than dialog…
Maybe we can put under some menu button?

I don’t know why Google not send warning to all developers.
I use Admob and Analytics in all of my app, EU customer is about 20% and GG don’t send me yet.

If like many website. We can only add snackbars at the bottom of app?
https://www.google.com/design/spec/components/snackbars-toasts.html#snackbars-toasts-usage

Hi! Did your talk yield information?

I am in USA and use admob/ganalytics, we did not receive such emails on developer account or admob account emails.

maybe they are sending emails to those publishers that are located in EU only?

I’m in US too, and didn’t recieve the email. They say it affects anyone with EU USERS though. My theory is that they won’t you to do it if your users sre in EU, but legally EU can’t do anything to you if you don’t cause you don’t live in EU. Probably wrong with that theory though.

I swear, Google just wants to eventually ban all our apps for not including the consent message.

I want to hold off on implementing this change until I actually see the notice in Dev Console, but then again, Admob sneaked in their “no app launch interstitial” policy without any notices last month and they have been banning people left and right.