Introduce Yourself

Hey, I’m Adam from the UK.
I just signed up to this forum because it seems like a great community and I’m hoping to learn how to better promote my apps, something I’m struggling with at the moment.
I’ve been designing/developing in the android arena for about a year, if you’re curious to see any of the apps I’ve worked on here is my Google Play page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Silicon+Symphony
Or my website: Silicon Symphony

Cheers!

Hi all, my name is Wouter(22), from the Netherlands.
I think I ended up here like most of you did by just browsing Android development and revenue.
So… I’m kind off new to the whole Android dev scene. My first and only app was for a MS Surfacetable for school.
Decided to do something with my life and make an Android app. Did some googling and I came across a few of you android developing bloggers I figured, Hey!
I might as well keep a blog! Would be fun to see what I was doing a couple of months/years ago.
Java experience is so so, android experience, none. Well some now by the time I am writing this.
No PlayStore account yet but I hope to have some of my projects online soon!

Hi everyone!

My name is Lasse, and I’m an… indie developer and founder of Turska Games. I live in Finland and as a day job I’m a PhD student involved researching serious games for computer science education. I’m also a father of two boys, so coding time for Android projects is quite limited at the moment. I like designing and developing Android games and hopefully at some point I’ll get a bit more profit out of it, so it’s worth doing, but we’ll see.

If you, for some reason, want to know more about me, you can read an interview by PrePayAsYouGo or follow me in twitter: @lhakulin

If you are interested in what happens with Turska Games, check out the: Turska Games blog
…or go straight for the: Games at Google Play

Hi community

my name is Matt

i have been developing for over an year and start working in a company for android development and unity3d game development,
i was looking for a good forum for android developers to keep my skills razor sharp

so whats up guys?

Been here a while now so I might as well do this too!
Chaz, 23 from the U.K.
Been an Android Developer for 1.5 years and absolutely love it. It’s become my day job which is awesome.
Really good community going on here and I hope I can put back in when I get out of it!
Cheers

Greetings All,

I’m Mark from Rochester, New York and I recently started programming for Android devices. So far I have 4 apps published with 3 in the Play Store. I developed my first published app using Tasker and after realizing the need for more control and features I decided to teach myself to program in Java/Android ADT. Developing for Android is a part time venture that I give full time dedication, I’m a professional firefighter for my day job.

Hopefully I can gain some knowledge from the veterans here and maybe I can share something as well. Nice to meet you all.

Hello all,

I am Faresh, a PhD student in management, from UK. I have started developing android apps since 7 months ago and I am supposed to publish my first one this week.

This app has had client and server sides and took a lot of works, it is almost finished.

I try to share my income and my success factors, if it would be any, as I have learnt a lot from this Forum.

Thanks

Hi all,
I’m Kevin from Savannah,Georgia(US). I’ve been developing since January 2012 after finishing college. The first year was rough and I ate a lot of Ramen noodles, but now things are going pretty well. I used to frequent /r/androiddev, but that is now full of newbs trying to install the enviroment and debug their first app.

Hello everyone,
I am 19 years old student from India studying Computer Science and Engineering. I have two games on Play Store published a month ago. I’m trying to generate a steady income from my game development. Currently I develop games only for Android, I already ported my games to iOS but need an iDevice and a Mac to publish them to iTunes App Store.
You can follow me @MadLogicGames and read more about me and my journey here: Mad Logic Dev | Journey of an Independent Game Developer for Android and iOS

Hello,

I’m Fabio Alerni from Italy. I have been an Android apps fan and developer. . Since then I have published one free android app and founded Fat Brain, a company specialized in Android Apps development. I am passionate about new and free android apps.

Just joined from Northern ireland in Uk i am a android phone user who stumbled his way to making an android app and want to find more info on making apps and setting up adverts etc

Hi there ! I’m Vincent, from France.

I happen to develop my first app almost by accident (was building something before teaching my student how to do it themselves !), and before I knew what happens, I’ve put it on the store and I’m now struggling to promote it !
So, I’ve been lurking on the forums gathering tricks and tips, and general knowledge about this strange and unknown world of app marketing, before I decided to join.

Currently, I’ve got the impress that I made almost every possible mistake about app promotion (but sure I can do some more !), but I think I’m learning ! (Only earned cents so far).
I’ll post about my two apps in the dedicated section. See you there !

Hi! I’m Nasharuddin Alazmi from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

By day I’m a Mechanical Engineer, by night, I’m an avid Android App Inventor. Creating apps with the intent of generating some revenues to help funding a NGO which focuses on helping out poor urban folks to fulfill their basic needs.

Hello guys, I represent The App Review Club (The Arc)… I used to read Making Money with Android when I first started out writing my own Android apps. So I sorta found my way back here :stuck_out_tongue: Nice to meet you all

Hey,

I’m Ben. I have just recently graduated from the University of Glasgow where I studied mobile software engineering. I develop for both Android and iOS. I currently have a few apps in the Android store with my most popular app being DealPad. I’m currently in the process of setting up ad mediation.

What’s up guys (and the odd girl)…

I’m a chemical engineer from Cape Town living in Johannesburg, South Africa. I’ve been playing with computers since the ZX-80 came out with a whopping 1K RAM. (Yes, that’s 1024 bytes). I’ve taught myself Basic, Pascal, FORTRAN, Delphi, Python, C++, Perl and most recently Java and the Android platform.

I started Android development about 9 months ago. I’ve got 2 main focus areas for now. Educational games (looking to make them age-appropriate as my son grows up). For example see, Count 'n write with me.

The other area focuses on the mining sector where we do direct sales to the mining industry – see the MineTrak homepage.

I have a full-time job working for an oil company, so coding happens on weekends and evenings, when I’m not changing nappies, trying to swallow the dismal performance of the Stormers in the Super XV (any other rugby fans here?) and playing a bit of Texas hold’em. I’d love more time to focus on development, since the ideas are coming thick and fast, but the tiny trickle of money coming in from my apps so far means I’m a long way from leaving my day job :slight_smile:

This looks like a nice tightknit community so I’m looking forward to becoming a part of it.

Cheers
Cayle

Hi all,

I’ve followed this forum for a long time so now I’ve decided to join and hope I can provide some value and also learn a few things along the way.
Thanks,

Pedro

Hello everyone,

I am from Greece and I want to develop android apps!Or games!I already have one app in market and I about to publish one more!
Nice to found such a forum!

Hi my name is Dashrath S Shekhawat and the owner of a IT company
we run the business of Web hosting,Developing,android game, bulk provider of Google play developer account
as well as run the web portal of Import Export Business Listing and marketing
all over have more then one lace happy customers
we are on
Facebook
twitter

This is smits. Im from Victoria, Australia, Working as a Android Game Developer in a private concern. Currently im creating a new game app for android mobiles. I came here to share my knowledge about android games and mainly came here to update my knowledge to implement in my new app.