Introduce Yourself

Hey guys,

My name is Jacob.
Im living in Copenhagen, Denmark.

I have been programming since i was 12. Was part of the c64 demo scene
in the 1980’ies, spent the 90’ies partying in the psy-trance underground :rolleyes:, then started working as a web-developer in 2001.
2 Years ago i started coding android in my spare time.
2 Month ago, i finished my first game for android.
https://market.android.com/details?id=dk.sparx.attackwave

Have been lurking here from time to time, so thought it was about time i became a member :slight_smile:

I have a Galaxy s2, asus transformer tf101 and a HTC Hero

hey guys
my name is dinesh
you should make a compatable version for this

hi,
Im new to the forum scene just looking to meet other app developers :slight_smile:

Hey everyone,
I’m a 29-year-old Swede who found this forum today. ^^
This seems like a nice and friendly place, and I like it how people share their ups and down with tips and tricks with monetizing in apps. I released my first app in February this year, and it’s going kinda slow cause I apparently suck at marketing. ^^;; My next step is to make a free ad-supported version of my first app, which is how I ended up here when I was googling for info on ad-providers.

I’ve been coding since I was around 10 or so (can’t remember :P) and playing games for as long as I can remember. Used to work as a games programmer for XBOX/XBOX360/PlayStation2&3/PC, but I prefer to actually have a life instead of being chained to a desk for 23/7 where you need to ask permission to pee. :wink:
In my spare time, I love to dance, mostly oriental styles, playing online games, crafting, and a million different things. Very much into reading sci-fi and non-fictional books in that area too. :slight_smile:

I’ve got a blog that follows my process with my app and the game I’m making:
http://blog.superamazing.se/
My released apps can be found here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SuperAmazing (Looking at ad-options atm to make a free verison of What’s Up Wallpaper.)

Hope to get to know you all better!

Hi there !

I’m Cédric. I live in the south of France.
I’m currently working as software architect, project manager and developer, mainly on Java, GWT and FLEX.
I’m developing Android apps on my free time because I like making small games, and the mobile platform is the ideal medium for this, and I want to stay up to date on technology !

I first came here through the blog, looking on information about app marketing etc. I’ve already got a couple of useful informations from this blog and forum. Hopefully my own experience will be useful to someone else soon.

I’ve got a blog where I discuss Android development and also graphic resource making with Inkscape/Gimp. The blog has just started so there are only a few posts:
http://www.picoludi.com

My first game YaMeMo is out. I’ll make a better presentation in the “self promo” area when I have more time.
I’m still experiencing some development and marketing ideas on this one, but I’ve got ideas for at least two other games.

i’m sara new to dis grp… :slight_smile:

I’m Ken and I hail from Los Angeles. I’m a long time video game developer and am now moving into the mobile market. I’m very pleased to have found this blog and this forum. Thanks David!

I am developing using flash (embedded in a AIR container) with the intention of releasing my games on iOS in addition to Android. If anyone is doing the same I’d be more than happy to trade notes. :slight_smile:

In terms of gear I currently have a HTC Thunderbolt, a Kindle Fire, and an iPhone 3G. There may be an iPhone 4 or 5, and possibly an iPad, in my future before the end of summer.

Good luck, everybody!
Ken

Hey, everyone, I forgot to introduce myself earlier. I’m Thomas from Poland. After years of programming boring desktop and web applications I started making games for Android a year ago and right now it’s moved to be sth more than a hobby. Apart from that I work as a freelancer and sometimes have a problem finding free time to make games. I’m also very bad at marketing. :smiley:

Hi!

I guess it’s time for me to introduce myself too.

My name’s Axel and I’m from Sweden. I recently turned 16 (about a month ago). When I was about 10 I wanted to program games. I found a program called “Game Maker” which was great for me. Later I wanted to program games for my mobile phone instead. I started looking online for tutorials. Everyone used different programs and it was too confusing for me at the time so I gave up on that idea.

A couple of months ago I got a new phone, the ZTE Blade, which had Android. I hadn’t programmed for a while but I really wanted to make a game for this phone. I started looking online on how to start and found a lot of great help. I started working on my first ‘game’ Math Trainer after learning the basics and tried looking online when I got stuck. This worked out great and it was done about a month after I started working on it.

I’ve had no experience with marketing so the only thing I’ve really done to promote it is post to a few forums. It has worked out quite well for me as I’m getting about 70 installs a day, had 200 installs at my best day, at Google Play only. The installs seems to have slowed down a little as it’s summer now. My application is also the first result now when searching for the Swedish word for “Math” so it will be very interesting to see what effect this will have when everyone’s starting school again (when I had 200 installs in one day, 100 of those were from Sweden and it was then result number 6 or 7).

I’m also very happy with the money I’m making (about $2 a day) as I thought it would be really hard to make money with android applications.

In my free time I like to do all kind of things. Running, playing games, etc.

I’m the owner of a ZTE Blade (with Android 2.2) and the 2nd generation iPod Touch.

Happy to be part of the community!

Hi!

Already posted my apps in the “Promote Your Android App” section http://makingmoneywithandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=463

I have developed a couple of apps for Windows Mobile back in the day. But that is completely dead now. I did look at Windows Phone 7 development, but Windows Phone just doesn’t seem to be getting any traction. On top of that, the Windows Phone SDK kept changing, which is a pain. So I decided to give Android development a try. Never did any Java programming but I know C and C++ so that was easy. And I am really liking the Android SDK.

I am here trying to learn more about marketing, and I guess signing up on this forum and posting my apps on this forum is a good start :wink: If you have any questions about my apps or Android development, feel free to ask.

Hey all!

My name is Steven Page and I am new to these forums! I have been on the programming scene for many years, I am 25 and i hail from Canada, Ontario. I currently manage, program, and trouble shoot robots in a factory called Meridian Lightweight Technologies, where we make the dashboard IP for the Cadillac Escalde!

Besides this I have conducted many operations on the internet ranging from free web hosting, back in the day when free web hosting was hard to come by. The name of this company was 0web (http://0web.org and prior to that it was http://0web.uni.cc) this company has been deceased for almost 6 to 7 years however! After that I still offered private virtual server hosting for pay, while I ventured into some new endeavors.

I tried my hand as designing role playing games for the PC, using everything from my own C++ game engine merging many products such as graphics engines and physics engines to create a video game, and even got into some other things such as Unity3D. One example of MANY projects i worked on would have to be Confied. See the old website here: http://confined.coderzilla.net

I chose this one for this message due to the fact i worked on this on on my own. I also created a single player 3d first person rpg where you can see a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38LL2oEgZW8

Learning how to design videos games coupled with my programming experience in networking allowed me to make my own working mmorpg client and server, from scratch. I used the core of this engine however in a few projects which i worked on for some companies, but i cannot release this information due to non disclosure agreements and such.

When i picked up my first android the first thing i did was download the SDK and begin programming for it!

So now to the point: I have started up a new company as of recently. Due to the economic downturn, i have started receiving less hours at work, and have decided to start a company online so that i could have a professional company image to conduct business under during my personal by-contract programming endeavors.

It has grown, however, into company which not only does contract work for business’, but rather a company which does contract work and also is working eagerly on our own arsenal of software to create a competitive product line.

The company’s name is RapidWebs and our website can be found at http://rapidwebs.org and although we are not hiring people for a 9-5 style job, we are looking for some people who would like to participate in a software development organization; we are trying to assemble a team of intuitive artists who are willing to help try and “live the deam”

Our current head quarters in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, but being an internet business, we span the entire globe with people on the team from Egypt, Portugal, Indonesia, Europe, United States and Canada. We are mainly developing software for Android, but having experience on all platforms we are starting some projects for Windows (and other PC variants) as well as creating some intricate server solutions and even dabbling with Open Source Software.

If you are interested in joining the team, head over to http://rapidwebs.org and try checking out the “Jobs” page. Or click the link in the navigation titled “We are hiring!”.

Besides all that, I have joined these forums because as I am developing for the Android, I should be getting more in touch with the developer community, and i have decided that this website would be one of many good places to start!

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction, you may very well see me around the forums! Thanks!

Hey all,

I am David and i am living in Madrid atm. I am 38. I was working as database consultant and started developing apps as a hobby. Now I try to make a living developing.

I don’t understand how i missed this incredible page for so long.
I have been blind on my own for so many time and now i am learning a lot from all your posts.

This is a really useful site for me.

Cheers all,

David

Hi,

I’m Lorenzo and I have been reading this blog for a while. I recently released my first app but even if I tried to do my best downloads are still low. I So decided to register to share opinions, learn, etc.

Would like to say thank you to the creators of this site/forum it is a very good resource!

Hello everybody,

My name is Mark and I’m from Tennessee. I got into programming in 2008 during college. I have since graduated and work as a PROGRESS developer. While working, I have became very interested in Android development and have even posted some apps in the market, which can be found here, http://goo.gl/ZFLZ9. As of now, I only get to work on apps in my spare time. I am hoping to eventually get to where I can create apps full time. I enjoy creating apps way more than sitting in a cubical, writing PROGRESS code, where there is no creativity involved.

I came across this site while searching around for marketing help. I have done very little promotion on my apps and I like to see how other people are making it to see if I would even have a chance to do something like this full time. I have came across some success stories and have already picked up a few tips. I look forward to learning all I can and hope that I could be a source of help for people real soon!

Hi everybody!!!
This is my first post, but I’m not new over here, I was watching the forums since 6 months ago, but I released my game 4 days ago (Chubby Bird) and I think that I have to be active on this awesome community!!
I’m a fan of Reiti, David and Mind, I hope my game get your downloads someday! I’m pretty happy about that, I’ve got 800 downloads in 4 days!
Thank you!!

Welcome all! :slight_smile:

I am a professional C++ developer. During my day job I develop cross platform desktop applications. I started android development as a hobby. I’ve been reading this forum for months. My first application is loan calculator. Nothing spectacular, but a first step in the android world.
I’m french and live in France, I can help you with french translations.

Bretzelsoft

Ok, I wrote couple posts here so I can introduce :wink:
I am polish IT engineer who found his own magical dream, android. Age 24, my first app was interval training timer for hiit and tabata. I can’t give links to my accounts because I am bad, bad for users, adware developer. Have 1,5 year experience with android development and It’s my main job. Soon, I hope I will be a milionaire, so close. I’ve reading this blog and forum since it’s set up.

Working on:
xperia arc s
asus laptop (i7 ivy bridge, 16gb ddr3, 1Tb hd and geforce 540m - all customized + eclipse and adobe cs6)
many, many VPS servers on Debian and Fedora

Hello, everyone! My name is Henrik (my screen name is Ayden) and I’m from Slovenia. I’ve found David’s page and this forum a couple of months ago - don’t remember exactly how, but I’m glad I did! :slight_smile: It’s full of useful information and friendly users, which is nice to see. Like many of you, I’m also trying to find my spot in this rapidly growing market by developing helpful applications. See you in other threads!

Hi everyone, I have been reading on and off the blog and developing a few simple android applications. I am 29 and doing android development as a side hobby from my day job. I am currently in IT management role and it is fun to learn how to create something. It is really interesting to hear everyone’s story and see what they are up to.