Google Play Content Policy update

@EladAppnext just checked your site…looks neat…good design though…i will tryout your system

Android revenue will continue to be ad-driven for the most part - if nothing else for the expansion it will undergo (and is undergoing) in the next 1-2 years - in the third world and elsewhere.

Those markets will not be suited to paying - UNLESS Google can somehow fix the whole carrier billing thing (which probably they want to charge an arm and a leg).

If carrier billing becomes possible (with not exhorbitant cuts by carriers) it will be HUGE - since even in third world, users will be willing to go for impulse purchases of $1 occasionally.

Until then the demographic served by android is not usually in a position to pay - unless Google does major push to have new users enter credit cards etc. Google doesn’t have an itunes - so I wonder how Google will push users to do so - and it can’t be to use Google Play - because that will rapidly make people switch to alternate app stores (including the phone manufacturers - who would then rather make their own app stores - perhaps by using white-label GetJar app store or such).

It appears on top of the developer console.
Google Play

Now with startapp gone maybe my apps rating will finally improve :slight_smile:
There is always a bright side :smiley:

You cant offer incentive to rate an app.

NOT Allowed: “Rate us to unlock the next level!”
NOT Allowed: “Please rate us with 5*”
Allowed: “Please take a minute to rate us”

(with not exhorbitant cuts by carriers) good one…i see so many of mobile billing companies going down due to such huge cutoffs by carriers

Maybe this month revenues will not be paid by the ad networks lool we are so lucky!

any idea what this means for us who did use AirPush/appwiz/startapp SDKs in our apps?
do we have to remove that code and update our apps, or will disabling the ad types from the admin be enough?
or will the ad networks kill the ad types altogether, or swap with other ads, in order to… survive?

Sexually Explicit Material: We don’t allow content that contains nudity, graphic sex acts, or sexually explicit material. Google has a zero-tolerance policy against child sexual abuse imagery. If we become aware of content with child sexual abuse imagery, we will report it to the appropriate authorities and delete the Google Accounts of those involved with the distribution.

Does anyone know what is the meaning of “graphic sex acts”? is it just sexy pose or having sex pose? I’m not native english speaker so I’m not sure what it is.

i guess no more kamasutra pose apps…bikinis are fine:p

“incentives” should not be given to rate the app - this was I think old policy also - you can ask user to rate but cannot promise something in return for it. And probably also not ask user to rate high (though that is not explicitly said in Google language).

Regarding artificially inflating app’s install count - I hope this does not affect Tapjoy/GetJar/Sponsorpay model (i.e. incentivized app installs). Though it could be argued that if user is picking off an app wall (even if it is incentivized i.e. user gets virtual currency in return) that there is an element of choice (?)

Virtual goods and currency subject to payment processor policy - what this means - that you cannot offer virtual currency to your users ? For example by Daily Rewards - which could be used to unlock content - and possibly to use incentivized app installs (GetJar/Tapjoy/Sponsorpay) to also earn some of that currency ? What is Google’s payment processor policy ?

No need to make any changes right away, you have 30 days. The policy requires that the ads wont be activated, nothing mentioning that the SDK should be removed.

From my experience, nothing is really taking into effect that quick when it comes to ad policies. It will probably take even more than 30 days for GG to disapprove the apps but you have to think long term…

Startapp, airpush etc will still be around because they both have out of app sdks, just not in as big way as they were right now.

Many locations STILL cannot charge for apps (my situation also) - so Google better start creating other ways to earn off the apps.

do you really think “rate us 5*” is a problem??i mean we are not offering the users any incentives here…

Check out this thread - which covers the issues we were having with getting Airpush supposed “in-app SDK” (i.e. no push ads etc.) getting flagged by AVG Antivirus.

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/2267-non-intrusive-ad-network-post16727.html#post16727

With this Google move, it now leaves Airpush no other business than to support their (thus far ignored) “in-app SDK”.

Also I would suggest they drop the whole com.XXXXX.YYYYY SDK naming scheme - whose original purpose was to hide their SDK from antivirus apps etc. - as the SDK would look like a developer-created library (I am assuming).

Having a known name and attribution may also help them avoid the issues they now seem to be having with AVG Antivirus.

Graphic means clearly visible in this context. So sexy poses are allowed. Not sure about sex pose - probably too because “graphic” has quite a strong meaning. I’m not native too, though, so don’t take my words for granted.

30 days or it will get removed if reported.

Side notes:
They will have a chunk less free apps from me. My apps that don’t have a normal monetization system for ads will be moved to paid apps.

Anyone making quality wallpaper, theme, utility and background apps will not be putting them out for free unless they are completely retarded.

Users will cry about this so much. But they need to realize there are consequences. That is a smaller and smaller free app market.

The big developers that gave in app bonuses for rating 5’s are going to have to rip it out or get taken down.

Apps that give in-game points for downloading other apps will be removed as well. Bye bye Mob wars and all that other crap.

Last thought:

How many apps that give notifications (for example “sports scores”) will be reported and get suspended due to users who don’t get it that the app was designed specifically to do that and there is a setting to turn it off. Will be some pretty terrible stories soon to come.

@EladAppnext i sent you an email about the force close i get from using your sdk in my app, please reply

will make sure it happens