Google Play Content Policy update

Why would there be more users willing to pay?
Also IAP and selling apps still doesn’t work in many countries.

i bet poor users will miss these free apps with annoying ads in the future.

i guess now the best way to make money from android is to create games

This is great imo. Notification/icon ads has given Android a bad reputation (because of the high number of virus alerts and similar things) and it’s a good thing that Google finally decided to do something about it. I know a lot of people on this forum will be mad/sad about this change, but I think most of us saw it coming anyway.

And guess what, the users who won’t update the apps to new versions of apps without push/icon ads won’t also receive them bcoz Google just killed those kind of companies(airpush/startapp) and the advertisers.

Answer is what do you think? Airpush probably made close to 65% of all revenue by Push. This will affect all of them that used this type of ad unit. Sucks because this ad unit really made solid money for most indie developers… Oh Well on to something else

Your are wrong this ads will be cut like a knife, suddenly no more push ads, icons, etc… Beacuse AirPush and StartApp will stop sending ads to be compatiable with Google Play Policy. Otherwise Google may take an action against this ad companies.

This is great. Better and cleaner ecosystem for Android, means more use and more new content (apps/games) installs.
Whether we are developing the content or monetizing by offering new content to the users (i.e. appnext network) - we’re all going to gain long term benefit from it.

That applies to apps, not just games. We all mean long term use of the apps.

i think users will love this update rather than getting key lime update .

What mean this?

Clarification that the gambling policy extends to all games that offer cash or other prizes; that virtual goods and currency in games are subject to the payment processor policy, that incentives should not be provided to users to rate an app; that artificially inflating an app’s install count is prohibited, and that the Google Play Program Policy applies to all developer information or content made available on the Store.

It is forbidden to have in the app link RATE APP or I misunderstood?

Agree, they will push the limit till the last minute (30 days) but everyone will adopt. Whoever does better ecpms in in-app ads will prevail.

How much time we have to update our apps?

my income will decrease from 20 to 10 dollar / day :frowning:

Wouldn´t you be more confident and willingly to spend your money in a cleaner, “safer” place?

Living on Chile, i know that IAPs and selling apps is not possible in many countries yet :frowning: Hopefully, this will change soon…

is there any official information about these changes? I does not receive any e-mail about it

well done Google, good way to kill the competency… I’m starting to dislike the way as google is doing, they not only don’t take care about their developers if not they don’t take care about nothing than themselves…

Google Play read it here

here: Google Play

well i don’t worry about this change…people will say good or bad…someone has to die on one side so that someone else will get chance to born otherside

Heh, I’ve been getting $700+ dialy with startapp recently, I guess I have bad luck : )