UI Maker/Designer

Is there a less painful way to create awesome User interfaces for android apps?

Right now, I’m using eclipse and there’s only so much you can do with good old drag and drop. To customize more, colors and everything, you have to rub your noses with XML and test it a million times.

Surely there’s gotta be a better way, right?

You can look for UI designers on fiverr.com. Some will include xml for extra fee.

This is a web for buid a buttons very easy & free.
You only have to set a few parameters to make good buttons.
Cool Text: Logo and Graphics Generator

Hi,

I would just stick with editing the XML. I know it seems like you want to drag and drop controls around, but once you get used to working in the xml it’s much faster. When I started Android development I wanted a good GUI editor and was surprised that there wasn’t one. But after doing it for a while I really understand why they don’t put a tonne of effort into it.

These days I never bother with the drag and drop editor and do everything in xml. It’s worth learning if you can.

I don’t even know what’s there to learn in XML. It’s not about knowing the language, I know XML… It’s about it being a giant pain in the you-know-what.
I spend hours trying to get a color or a dimension “just right”, but I think my app is proof that I’m not even close to the big apps like Gmail, Flipboard, facebook, BBC,twitter and what not.
I’m looking for something that’s guaranteed to look good, even an example UI would work although an XML layout example would be perfect. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I know that it’s a pain when you start, but it gets much easier. What I meant was that learning how to create your GUI in XML using Android is the way to go in the long run. That time you spend on the colour and dimension will be spent regardless of which editor you use, you are designing after all.

There are a lot of list tutorials out there with XML. Here is a good one that’s a bit old: Android Layout Tricks #1 ? Romain Guy Use it in congunction with that video I sent you.