Time to shake things up - Oct income report

congrats man , wish one day i could get as much or even 1% !!
anyway, good work always pays soon or later

Thanks! Got a question for you. Whats your fee for MOPUB PREMIER?

Can’t discuss that, but you won’t need a premier unless you want to serve your own ads.

Are you running things alone or do you hire people?

Gotcha. It all makes sense after going over their Pricing and Terms page. Anyhow, I know its risky but I would suggest trying AdMob again, I’ve been banned before with them and there are still ways to get new accounts open. Maybe unload some of your lowest performing networks onto admob and watch your revenue shoot up. In my experience AdMob pays about 2x 3x better than any other network. Next thing you know you will clear your million just before christmas :slight_smile:

I would rather not lose any more money with Google, and my eCPM wasn’t that great either, even before i got banned.

Alone, don’t really need anyone. Hell even i am busy with other stuff most of the time and it still works perfectly.

Whatever floats your boat. Better safe than sorry, i understand that. Can you share how many DAU u have? And Do you find yourself checking revenue / spending earnings more than working on actually improving your app? lol, i know i do sometimes

If Admob holds onto one month of his revenue ($300K) that money could all go down the drain !

Ehhh…Sorry but I don’t by it…4M installs and 300k a month??? What? I’ve done 15M+ installs this year and I don’t make anywhere near 300k a month…12-15M impressions a day is around what I do also and I’m not making ANYWHERE near 10k a day…I mean it’s up there but not even close to 10k. What’s your eCPM? Most of my Users are USA too and I have good fill rates

Sucks to be you i guess, does it hurt to know that you could be making a lot more money than you currently are, just with better strategy?
On total I think have spent 2x more time on ad implementation than on app features, I see my efforts have not been in vain.

Better strategy? I run banners and the same ad units you do…It’s just you’re eCPM that’s way higher then mine…I don’t get how your getting $1+ eCPM while everyone else isn’t

What I’d like to know is how did you get that many downloads? Any special marketing or did you get lucky with an app idea everyone is looking for?

Can you please specify the total downloads till date and also total daily downloads

Out of curiosity have you been hit by the recent spat of bans?

Fortunately No, but no longer sure about the fact that i might become a millionaire. This is the wild west, anything can happen here, might wake up tomorrow to find out app suspended.

Yeah just had me wondering because of the amount of apps you said you ran in it and that you were already part of the 100k club before doing it…

I know you said you don’t want to tell us what app it is, but from what you said I have a strong idea, did you create a new account just for the app out of curiosity?
And for the one I think it is to be at the top I would imagine you did quite a bit of marketing?
Was it a mixture of facebook and paid advertisements/downloads? How much did you spend on that if you did?

Hey affliatex, just because you utilize the same ad units as a fellow developer’s app doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re going to earn the same amount of revenue. eCPM’s depend on a variety of factors like where the majority of the app’s traffic is coming from, how the ad unit presents itself to the user within the app, where on the screen and when. Also, not every interstitial or banner ad creative is the same. I’m sure krosser is receiving rich media creative campaigns which can easily provide over $1 ecpms to publishers.

I’d be willing to bet that the ad campaigns that krosser is receiving are converting well (and the app has a high ctr of 1% or higher) which means that ad networks are targeting more of their higher cpc and cpm campaigns from the get go.

I recommend all developers working with their publisher account managers of the networks they are a part of to ask questions about upcoming campaigns as we come to the end of the year. I see more and more ad agencies and brands looking to run ads on apps that can accept rich media creatives… Are your apps MRaid compliant (i.e. can they accept rich media creatives)? Does your ad network see a high drop off with your app? What advertising categories are you blocking… games, alcohol, etc? You could potentially be losing out on potential revenue.

This holiday season is expected to be the biggest in mobile advertising spend which means more ad campaigns and higher ecpms for app developers.

whats up @krosser ? I didnt see you post this month, what did November look like? :slight_smile: give us the good news!

Nothing new man, November was pretty much same, just a little bit higher, maybe another $20k extra.
December looks even better though :slight_smile:

thats great, i was hoping to hear from someone with volume since my results are the opposite. happy holidays.