The Friday Game Review...

Hi reiti.net,
I like your game and I don’t know why they downvote but I guess most of these downvotes are just done by the other developers that are in the same category.
Anyway my game have more downvotes than yours 16. :slight_smile:

I remember, when I submitted Robo Miner right in the beginning of the friday review :slight_smile: I asked friends to vote for me so I got some good votings. But in the end for every new game submitted, I got 1 downvote and so I never reached the top 5 … but I reached the top 10 so I was in their suggestion lits for several weeks, which was some good advertisement also, so I settled and smile a bit at it :slight_smile:

I mean, think logical … who is watching those google moderator site at the moment? almost only devs, there are such low amounts of votes, so only the devs are voting. I have the hope, that the guys from google will watch all the suggestions and decide on theirselfs which one is best somehow - who knows, maybe they test all of them and vote on their own to get the best suggestion winning :slight_smile:

Hi reiti.net,
could you explain us how it’s going to works?
They have at the moment 27 suggestions and I don’t think they are going to review all of them.
How many do you think they are going to review and based on which criteria?
I don’t think the number of votes is a good way to decide because these votes are done just by developers and their friends.
What do you mean for suggestion list?

Cheers,
Gabriele

I don’t know how they do :slight_smile: Actually I think, they will look on the submitted games and try those out who just look interesting. Not sure, if they group them into indy/no-indy and such things.

best thing to do is watch the submissins and look what they will review in their video on friday :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I was checking Android Developers on Google+ and I saw some comments of developers complaining about how the game is selected.
It seems they don’t care about votes. They decide on they own ignoring the votes.
I spend so much time trying to get alot votes and it was just waste of time :frowning:

I think I can’t compete with other games. Some are really amazing and they spent months to do it (It seems to me that some are not done by indie developers).

Anyway I’ll find a different way to promote my game.

Cheer,
Gabriele

why you bother? I feel much more comfortable when they decide on their own because there are only developers voting or they have other sources of getting votes. Fidel Castro tactics xD

you can try it out: submit your game and watch downloads, you will recognize not a single additional download :slight_smile:

pro google, they should decide what they preview dependend on which genre is missing in their current featuring.

Think about that way: google knows best, which promotion will lead to the best results.

Yes you are right!
The problem for me is just that after the first month that was pretty ok as downloads (about 150-200 per day) I now have very poor downloads (20 per day).
I was hoping to get reviewed by them and eventually get some downloads boost.
Anyway I think it’s better they decides on they own but maybe they should remove the possibility to vote or give more exposure to the event and let the users decide the one they like it. :slight_smile:

They will not review your game just to make you a flavor :slight_smile: They want to make google play a good user experience.

You may consider sending your game to different reviewing websites instead, some of them may review your game for free.

Hi reiti.net,
Yesterday night I received alot downvotes and now I have 73 votes and 80 downvotes :frowning:

I get some good reviews from some blogs but it doesn’t seems to affect the downloads :frowning:
I think the landing page is ugly or the game is ugly or both :frowning:

Could you check the landing page and tell me what’s wrong?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.megasoft78.fifteenpuzzlex

you’ve made a wikipedia page about your game? that’s possible? xD

I am not good in making landng pages by the way, so I cannot tell you anything, but I remember, that google suggests to not use images of phones in the functional image?

reiti.net,
I haven’t made a wikipedia page about my game but I just put the link to the wikipedia’s page of the original game, the physical one.
What do you mean for functional image? Are you talking about the promotional banner at the top with the 3 Galaxy Nexus?
That was done using a Google tool (Device frame generator) :
http://android-ui-utils.googlecode.com/hg/asset-studio/dist/index.html

It’s not specifically about HIS game - it’s just about this type of puzzle. :slight_smile:

The main thing here is not to give up… Not every game is going to be a success. In fact most are not, but you learn with each new game. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t make a big hit with your first game. Some games just aren’t as popular as other no matter how good you make them. Each app you make will give you more opportunity to cross promote and grow your users. Theres a chance you will find a game people really like or gets reviewed alot; such as Reiti’s RoboMiner which wasn’t heavily promoted (correct me if wrong), but he posted on forums which took off from there.

no, it wasn’t promoted differently than any of my other games and only Robo Miner was a big success so far. It was pushed by the players themselfs … there were some reviews made (on several sites) just because people liked the game … and so it spreaded around heavily. It’s all about “range”.

Indeed being featured on google play is a HUGE range …

over the last months there are popping out more and more high class games out of the market … it’s not an easy business nowadays to compete with

Now that the Friday Games Review is on indefinite hiatus, does anyone have any tips on how to get consideration to be featured on Google play?