The 100k club started

Guys, check out this topic:
http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/income-reports/2049-big-league-those-who-earn-android-apps-above-%241-000-day.html

I would like to exchange some knowledge.

Damn I would be happy even with 1k/month so in 3 years I could finally afford my dream car - a '67 chevy camaro - and it’s fuel consumption

when I got 5 more “good” apps (one of my apps make $200/month), this will hopefully come true

where do you live? US?

@alecman - if you are making good apps your revenue should slowly but firmly rise.

Nope, not US, germany - that’s why it’s so infinetily(?) expensive to buy and drive an old car >.<

@Magnesus Yeah, you are right but I think at the end of this year, my requests will begin to fall. As you might know, all my apps are in Music&Audio and I set the focus on Dubstep - which currently is a sinking boat. I’ll try to get the most out of it when I begin to do a copypaste army which will propably get me 1k per month for 3 months but then it’s over and I gotta hop on another train.

I already thought of making apps for others because my own ideas are getting less but passive revenue streams is that what I want and I don’t like to be a part of something, I wanna be something (god that last thing sounds ridiculous xD)

Do you use mAdserve?

haha. Germany is expensive for cars? Come and live in Singapore, the most expensive place to buy car. A Audi Q5 will cost you USD 300000 and more.

Beat that. I love my Audi by the way :slight_smile:

I guess now, I am a part of this club. The total went above 150k this month :slight_smile: :smiley:
Edit: I mean the total money from android I have earned so far is 150K, I’ll probably max out this month at 80-90k :slight_smile:

congratulations, thats a big cash flow. I never got so high before, best was $98k in one month… three years ago :wink: adjust for inflation and android market size? would’ve been probably close to half a mil now.

I meant the total money from android I have earned so far is 150K, I’ll probably max out income for this month at 80-90k

still pretty high up there, more than 95% of us. Make that number climb higher and retire :slight_smile:

If you’re pulling in 80-90k per month why the hell would you retire? haha!

Unless he could make more money that way, lol…

Can you tell us what ad networks are you using and how many apps you have ou there?

I only have one app with normal banners from inmobi/MM and startapp.

Wow, 80-90k with one app…
A game I presume…

I was going to say the same thing.

Krosser, since you have some experience with scale - perhaps you could shed some light on these issues:

• large download apps - do their developers deliberately avoid admob - do you see issues with admob at that scale ? Or do the others become just easier to deal with and more responsive (is admob responsive at that scale ?)

Other than that I have the same question as Bond:

• is it a famous app - or can one make that from a niche app not so well known to others If it is not a game that is heartening also - though I suspect it may not be a game since you didn’t mention IAP (which maybe more likely for games ?)

• you mention inmobi (for indian traffic ?) and mmedia - how is mmedia to work with at that scale ?

• since you mention 150K total and 80-90K this month - that suggests it is a new app (and not one that was dormant then suddenly picked up I assume ?) - is your strike rate thus 1 for 1 (pretty good start) - I ask to compare to the anecdotal mention of developers making 10 apps and then 1 app they didn’t think would click winds up biggest earner. Did you plan for it to be big (i.e. spent many months etc.) - or was it a surprise ?

Thanks.

Since you seem to have a long track record with android - what are the longer term things you worry about (to maintain revenue - i.e. I am assuming it is not just make it and sit back):

• maintain your rank issues - do you watch rankings
  • do you invest in advertising (since you have the leeway to do so with incoming revenue stream)

What is your sense about the “should I republish the app” threads we see here - since first month bump can be significant and then it can slide for most apps - is republishing like “Driver” and then “Driver 2” - a reasonably safe way to do so (or is looked askance by Google) ?

I ask because if you hit a peak of 98K for one app - 3 years ago - you must be thinking “how can I repeat that” - not just for newer apps - but also for the same app perhaps (do you think about making the same app accomplish the same peak again).

Thanks.

It not a game, but the app has a moderately high engagement rate, think of it as a useful tool, that you would use at least once every couple of days.

I was banned from admob two years ago when i integrated them with my first app. That was a loss of $600, they banned me just two months later on the day they were supposed to pay me, and as usually gave me no reasons at all. No replies either. I was very dissuaded that day, because this was hard earned money that they took from me. I almost left android that day, but somehow started searching for another network after two weeks or so. First found mobclix then millennial media. Although both paid me good amounts of money, I Left Mobclix due to various reasons more than a year ago, and only trusted millennial media from then on. Now admob is no longer the center, thank god for that; and a very high competition allows you to choose from a great no of well respected ad companies.

Yes my app is famous, almost close to 40k reviews. Niche app don’t hold this much potential. This is why i never created any, I can usually look at an idea and predict how much successful it would be. I had several ideas for niche apps, but it was not worth the time and i could never come up with a game idea that passed my success prediction test (Although i really wanted to make a game, still do; give me a shout if you need another programmer for your game :smiley: )

Millennial media gives a low cpm of $0.22 at refresh rate of 30 seconds. but I haven’t had any problems with them, since i started working with them. Inmobi is also one of the larger ad networks like MM, but don’t have too much experience with them, so can’t say anything right now.

I have created two apps so far, when interest in my first app waned off. I decided it was time to create a new one, by this time I had a lots of experience in android development(through a job) as well as in marketing(through the previous app) so i guess i hit the perfect note this time. I don’t recommend wasting time making 50 apps which don’t have that much potential, but its not a bad option considering the volatility of android market. Just know that there are better option out there. My first app got me 15k, this has so far gone to 150k and hopefully i’ll be at the center for a few more months at least.

Thanks for answering.
Care to share what steps do you take when you “predict” if an app will be successful or not?