TapforTap

See my answer to a similar question about Tapjoy. I think the only reason they ask for READ_PHONE_STATE is to get a unique device ID. This ID could be used for targeting ads, or preventing fraud, among other things. The most reliable method to generate a unique ID requires this permission.

This should be quite simple using MoPub Custom Events. You’d just need to create a method in your code which displays the TapForTap ad, and then enter that method name in your MoPub dashboard. I haven’t tried this, but it looks quite easy. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much David!
I’ll try it and I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

Regards,
megasoft78

I’m in the process of integrating another cross promotion api, Applifier. They do not require any permissions: setup page

Also for mobile games, their ratio is 1 for 1, they show paid ads next to the cross promotion ads though. how it works.

Will keep yall posted on how it works out for me.

Edit – Sorry did not mean to sidetrack this thread.

Looks like another good service. There are so many popping up now, it’s hard to keep track of them! Would love to hear how Applifier works out for you. Probably best to start a new thread for that too :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I’m using tapfortap and they have a promotion to give 10,000 credits for a reference.
If anyone want to integrate it maybe we can get this offer and earn 5,000 credits each one.

What do you think?

megsoft78

It’s interesting how easily they give away credits at the same time claiming one impression you provide generates one impression for you. So where all the free credits are coming from?

They give away tons of free credits. I’ve only earned 34000 credits. But I’ve spent well over 100,000 of them because of all the free ones they’ve given.

Ah ok,
thank you :slight_smile:

They give one for one but remember they always run two ads (side by side) so I assume they are selling that additional ad (or will at some point in the future) and also giving them out to developers…

Hi guys,
I just spent 1000 impressions using tapfortap and I get 7 tap on my banner.
Do you think is it acceptable?
How can I check if that tap get converted into installs?

megasoft78

I’ve spent 136,058 and have 1613 taps. Which is roughly 1%. Not that different from yours. Oh! Word of advice. UNCLICK the music category from the Spending Credits screen. You don’t want to spend credits on those apps. Those are your internet radio and mp3 playing apps. So a lot of people running them 8 hours a day (at work) and the screen is off the entire time. When I first started a Music apps were accounting for 95% of the total spent credits. And I was getting almost no taps. Took me 30,000 credits to figure out what was going on. Once I stopped spending there, my tap ratio picked up.

Hi akaliel,
thank you for the suggestion.
Which categories do you suggest to include?
Should I include only games?

Depends on your game. Mine is a word game so I spend in “books” and a few other categories I thought people would be more like to find my ad interesting. I do games as well and find that it is the bulk of where I spend credits. I wish they would show us which categories we are getting the taps, would be useful for eliminating the categories that don’t produce.

Yes, I agree with you, we need more control where these credits are spent.
Did you tried other services like tapfortap?

No, I haven’t tried any other ad sharing.

I think I am a bit confused… On the category selection it says “Limiting categories can result in lower traffic and fewer credits earned.” so I assumed it was talking categorizing your outgoing ads… As they swap impressions (not clicks) I was not overly concerned.

Have all categories selected for where you where you earn clicks. Just be picky for where you spend them.

The “entertainment” category is now accounting for 95% of my spent credits. I’m unchecking it. Cause I suspect it’s probably 1 app that’s found a way to earn a lot of credits. That happened earlier with a Music app, I reported it to them and they verified there was some wrong-doings-a-going-on. Plus, entertainment and games used to be split nearly 50/50 and a few hours ago they gave me 1000 free credits and they were all spent in a couple minutes. It’s not usually that fast.

One thing to point out is that it is OK with TapForTap that you can run banners on one app, and spend the credits on another app. So if you have established app, you can use it to advertise a new app. This wasn’t obvious to me in the beginning.

Although after using T4T for a few months, and earning / spending thousands of credits, I just have not seen any real growth in downloads. I tried tweaking which categories my apps showed up in, etc., and never ended up noticing any real gain in downloads.

Am I right, that you earn creadits by showing their ads ? If that’s true, think about it - many people will just farm impressions to get credits … so there is a whole bunch of useless or misplaced banners, because people just want to farm credits. What they do is making strong inflation with t4t banner spaces - some could say it was ruined because people were greedy :slight_smile:

that is one reason why you get mostly paid for clicks instead for impressions.