StartApp and AirPush SDK is not complaint to Google Play Content Policy

Hello Nick,
Its very difficult to trust on you guys. You always say your sdk is 100% compliant. I have lost my $4000 earning per month just because of you guys. Do you think this is simple thing. I did not get proper response from AirPush. You guys are just making fool to developer like us. See the response message I got from AirPush.

“Hello Raj, Please be informed that one of the Business Development team will soon get in touch with you regarding your query. I am now closing this ticket since this will be handled by the concern team. Do revert for any further assistance. Thanks, Dally, Airpush Support.
This ticket has been closed. For further clarification please create a new ticket from here”

This response I got from AirPush and they closed my ticket just saying one of your member will contact me.
I have not got any further support by AirPush.

Sushil and mmanish248, were you using Standard or bundle1?

mmanish248, were u using latest sdk when u got banned?

I was using the latest SDK, I updated my suspended app the very day New SDK was released. I am trying to provide details to Nick, but for now i have to do a lot of app removal work to save my existing apps. I was using Bundle 1.

It’s “easy” to update the SDK and say all is good. But people get their accounts banned and you can’t open a new GP account just like that. I understand that what Google is doing is crazy but until this madness lasts, it’s only safe to use AdMob at the moment. Everything else is extremely risky.

I never felt comfortable using the bundle sdk of Airpush and the corresponding one from startapp. I only use the interstitial and banners. Using bundle is asking for bad news. Not being too greedy helps.

Nick, take a moment, and read this…

Hey Guys,

My team was able to investigate and their feedback is that the app was not banned due to our ads:
4.4 Prohibited Actions. You agree that you will not engage in any activity with the Market, including the development or distribution of Products, that interferes with, disrupts, damages, or accesses in an unauthorized manner the devices, servers, networks, or other properties or services of any third party including, but not limited to, Android users, Google or any mobile network operator. You may not use customer information obtained from the Market to sell or distribute Products outside of the Market.

https://play.google.com/about/developer-distribution-agreement.html

We found that MobileCore SDK was integrated too, which we are determining as the cause of the suspension.
@binoct - Please PM me your accounts email address and APP ID. I need your apk and manifest, I will share my email address when you PM me.

Cheers,
Nick

Nick, Yes i had integrated Mobilecore and was using its interstitial ad in some places, but i don’t believe mobile core was responsible for the ban as the required permissions for mobilecore are basic. On the other hand bundle 1 was using a lot of permissions. I too had been greedy to choose bundle 1 but i did it after i had the assurance of google play compliance form airpush. The user who started this thread also got suspended and he was not using mobilecore.

Hi Sushil,

From his posting, it sounds like mmanish248 is using the older SDK before the newly released update. From our research, it seems that we are not the cause of your suspension. MobileCore has a long history of getting other developer accounts banned.

Nick

I see airpush is still up to their old tricks: blame it on someone else.

This is why I stress Notifymob AD’s 100% google play compliant. You never here of anyone from Notifymob getting banned for AD’s.

With all do respect they haven’t been around long enough to have had the chance.