Sole Enterpreneu OR LLC App Developer?

Hi Everyone! This is not directly related to marketing, but this seems to be the most suitable section.
I’m trying to decide whether as a lone developer I should register as a sole entrepreneur (much cheaper) or an LLC (more expensive, but has its advantages if anyone decides to sue for whatever reason). Do people here have any opinions on this matter? What is everyone registered as? Should I even be worried about this or is the worst case scenario merely my account being banned from apple/google play? An LCC sounds more attractive/official/cool, but requires more money and formalities to create / maintain. On the other hand, a private entrepreneurship is easier to set up, and I guess I could change it into an LLC later? Thanks in advance!

I don’t know, but i’m one of co-founders of LLC and it’s not to much expensive if you earn some money. We pay around 200$-500$ per year depends on earnings. And you need to have lawyer for report, and it cost around 100$. So, calculate how much you earn, and is it ok for you.

For Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement read this:
https://play.google.com/about/developer-distribution-agreement.html

I don’t know if I’ve helped, but i told you what i know about LLC :slight_smile: I have

A friend of mine recently told me that his accountant said that there are no extra protections with having an LLC. I don’t know if I believe him or not. Like Milan mentioned, they pay around $200-$500 a year. If you are not making that much money yet (< $10,000 - $15,000/yr.), I would stick with a sole proprietorship. I would eventually like to go to an LLC, but I’m staying at a sole proprietorship for now.

Get the money first, then worry about being sued. I would recommend a sole prop for now.