Hi David,
You can try replacing:
https://play.google.com/apps/publish/Home
With:
https://play.google.com/apps/publish/v2

Ah, ok. That’s the exact same URL they send us to for registering in the waiting list. So doesn’t look like they’ll let us in yet :frowning:

For me I have a try the new design instead of register for the design. This lets me try the new design and when I come back to the developer console it takes me back to the current design until I click try new design again.

with this link i got redirected to the signup page for early access :slight_smile: so we need to be patient :slight_smile:

are you able to comment on comments … ?

No I’m not able to comment on reviews, at least I don’t see any way to do so. It doesn’t appear to have any more functionality than the current design.

reiti.net,
AFAIK only top developers are going to be able to comment on review.

google should either give the dev a way to answer comments - or give the user a better way to start a communication with the dev. comments are used very often for bug reporting or feature requests

I completelly agree with you.
We need an issue tracker integrate into the developer console.
At the work we are using this one:

but we need something more integrated because most of the users are not experienced and need a very simple UI.
:slight_smile:

it has to be something extremely simple and easy … users are not developers, they want to put a sentence and press enter. comments are fine for me as long as I can react on them somehow to write when a bug is fixed, a feature integrated or just answer the user a question

I try the new design now, it’s great :slight_smile: Thanks for the link. I think that all developers could coment to their users, for help, reports, etc…

A nice integration into admob for your apps could be nice too

naaa, don’t need that … i am fine with the admob website … they may only mess things up :slight_smile:

The new developer console is too simple on the front page, the only information the front page has is the names of your apps. Only positive side on the new console is that all your apps fit on one page, but this feature is useless since there is no information. Just like reiti said i also hate clicking trough every app to see if there is an error. Reviews are now behind 2 clicks :dodgy:

We are developers not normal users so it doesnt matter if one page has tons of information :smiley:

absolutely true - we devs use to have brain, so we RELY on tons of information on just one page, we are able to handle that xD devs are seeking for efficienty - each needless click is a pure waste of time xD … maybe I should send them a recipe for every second I waste …

let’s calculate … that would be ~ 0.02 $ per wasted second (never calculated my costs on a secondly base before haha) … that is more than the admob minimum per click! xD

Just checked out the new design again. Just like I thought they would do, they have now added both Ratings and Active Installs to the main page. I’m also pretty sure that they will also add Errors soon. Now instead of seeing for example 4 stars on the main page (for rating) you can now see the exact average rating, rounded to 1 decimal. Way better IMO.

No more wasted seconds or clicks :stuck_out_tongue: