Robo Miner Artwork :-)

I don’t have any issues reported from players in concerns of sounds. now and then, there is a comment about laging, but because there is not more info, I have no idea why that is.

Phones are not very good in doing multitasking - sound is multitasking. So that’s an issue on many phones. You can notice a lag when the phone is doing something in the background, but you can nothing do about it.

Newer Devices have more cores and therefore are mre capable of doing things asyncronously - there should be no lag on future devices. But the truth is: Most of the devices are not high end.

That’s certainly true about multitasking. But Android also has serious issues with audio latency in particular. It’s quite disappointing for me as a musician, because I can’t really work on any decent music apps without some kind of low-latency output on Android.

Ahhh yes!! I totally get what you mean about performance. As programmers we always want to squeeze the latest bit of performance, especially on mobile, and especially on Android where there are some devices that aren’t very advanced!

I still love Unity though, because it offers me SO much freedom. I can make an app that, almost without tweaking, works on Android, iOs, Web, Flash, PC and Mac!! Just the fact that you can export to both iOs and Android is amazing enough!! 1 development cycle = 2 games (iOs+Android) :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you checked out cocos2d-x? It’s got some pretty extensive cross-platform support and is very felxible when it comes to dipping in and out of the framework - let’s you either take the easy route or get down to some more low level work. Might suit those with the proclivity for performance tuning!