Receive an email from USYS about Samsung device power's consume

Hi,
Recently i receive email from USYS about my app power’s consume.

Dear xxx Developer

We are USYS which is a subcontractor of Samsung mobile.
We are testing app and site compatibility for the Samsung android devices and find the issues.

It has come to our attention that the mobile application “xxx” currently available from the Google Play service is seriously malfunctioning on a number of Samsung Mobile Devices.
In an effort to understand the issues raised by our end users, we have downloaded and tested the application on the following devices;

• Galaxy S4

and can confirm that it does not seem to be performing as expected. Correcting this issue will result in a more pleasurable experience for both your customers and ours. For more details please see the following error report.

Title

Current battery consumption is too high

App name (version)

xxx ver. 2.0.8

Device resolution

FHD

Operating system

Android version 4.3

System language

English

Network

Wi-fi

Steps to reproduce

1. Run the app
  2. LCD off
  3. Wait 6 min
  4. Check battery consumption

Frequency

always

Actual results

Current battery consumption is too high (81.2mA)

Expected results

Current consumption should be normal level (6mA)

We appreciate your support in this matter and hope you are able to address this issue. If you require any further information please contact us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.

Kind Regards

Samsung developer relations

I can trust this guy? And how can you check the the Current battery consumption?

I just received a similar email from them. Did you correspond with them after the initial email?

This seems legit to me. I’ve worked directly with Samsung on app certification in the past and they used similar language.

Doesn’t seem to be legit :slight_smile: