Push ad question??? is it good to use? seems wrong.

I’m an app developer(i’d say not a beginner but definitely not an expert either),

I’ve been using admob for close to a year and was making decently $$ just above $100~$200 a month… Got greedy made a small-possibly shady change to one of my apps to test the waters and Bam! with in 2 weeks got my admob account closed. {LESSON LEARNED}, sucks when you see others doing things and think with a perfect account one small mistake is the end of it all… ~no biggy, ive moved on, learning about all the other ad networks out their, i new a few existed but never knew so many existed…

Im not going to ask who i should go with… like i said not a beginner, i know i wont get straight answers; 50% of the answers I receive will be ppl looking for incentives to bring me over, and the others will just be who someone uses with out much info to explain why there the best… Im still trying to figure out who to go with… My apps are still running… between them all, im getting around 2k-3k+ impressions a day (or was before admob closed my account). simple SDK mod with a new network and ill be back to makin $$ again and moved on…

Now to the important question??? Push Ad’s… these pop up whether your app is running or not… I would be pissed if i started hearing my phone go off for no reason… (a email, txt msg, or phone call…) thats the only reason it should go off. when ive had those push ads before ive removed the app (once i figured it out) so fast and refused to ever use their apps again… Most of my friends feel the same way…
Why would someone use such a Annoying ad attack?? I cant believe anyone in good-continence would believe this is a good ad technique//???

Also what ad networks do i need to stay away from that has this built in and that i cant control it from happening??? I dont want them and I dont know if I have to trigger it, or its automatic just by installing the app… I read on one ad network that the only way to stop it was to uninstall the app…

Making apps are my hobby and hope to make some good pocket money. I don’t want ppl to get rid of my apps… Id rather they get bored and maybe once in a while pull them up then uninstall them…

Answers??? thx

Chuck

I am interested to know what shaddy method had you used which caused ban from admob. About good networks, you may use startapp, appnext and mobileCore. These three have been present for long time now. The younger ones include mobvista, notifymob etc.

I had added a snipit of code that after 3 days from first install it would random on every run ( random 10 , if random = 7 toast popup saying, please support free apps and check out ads occasionally, thank you)… I’ve seen these kinda things myself, but knew it wasn’t allowed, but I finally tested the waters and bam, account closed. Won’t do that again, lesson learned. I can admit my mistakes.