Notification Spam is coming to an End

Developers has million ways to make money.
A Bank Robber says he has to make money so there is nothing wrong in robbing a bank. Does that mean what bank robber is doing is right? Once one loses ethics, there is no stoping the downfall (and justifications they come up with for doing things they do).

Did you really just compare push ads to someone robbing a bank?? You are delusional …
First of all robbing a bank is a felony and is putting many people’s safety at risk. Push ads are 100% legal and most networks that provide push/icon are smart enough to be compliant with Google Play or whatever other market’s terms of service.

I guess the next analogy you can say is advertising through icon ads is just as bad as murdering children.

All i said is everyone tries to justify what they do.
To make money one doesn’t need to lower their ethics.

He is not delusional, he is just a dumb troll. Don’t feed him.

Strange discussion is going on here. I feel like billyh works for some antivirus company)).
My personal opinion about push/icon:
If the app is shitty enough, so the users will delete very fast, it is a VERY good idea to put push/icon ads in the app.
But, if the app is good, and you think it might have some future development, you may end up with Interstitial, banner, and etc in-app ads.

Is it spammy or no, fuck it, it is business. You put your time on the app, but people doesnt like it, but YOU HAVE to make some money on that people, so the push/icon is the right way, because you get the income immediately as soon as they will install the app.

P.S I would rather like to stay with money then without it;)

Oh really :). I am having more fun seeing how dumb spammers can be. There are people who really care about something as awesome as Android EcoSystem.

That explains nature of every spammer.

Notifications isn’t the only way to earn money through apps. Not really a fan of notification either, but calling them spammers and liking them robbing banks… a bit much i think.

Samsung Apps banned push ads, Unless Google Play Store bans app with push ads, push ads will continue to survive. However many people talk about Google Play App Review Service that checks apps before publishing at the end of 2013. Probably then push ads will be a banned from Google Play.

Of course, nothing is certain. We will see!

That’s why I am preparing to start in app payment model, making better apps, usefull because notifications will come to end :wink: BUT before thats happen, spam, spam and massive spam with shitty apps uploading.
I hope bilyh that u installed couple of my app and was spammed :smiley: ad on ad :slight_smile:

End this bilyh have right :wink: we are spammers but have we cry or delete our apps from market ? I am proud that I am spammer but I haven’t any ethics, ofcourse EULA is in sdks but nobody read it.

Lets ask community about icon/push ads.

Search phrase: ‘icon ads android’
Search engine: Google

Results: On first two pages we have only and only one link to Airpush others links lead us to different forums thread where community call these ads as malware, spam, scam etc. asking about methods to stop them and so on.

Search phrase: ‘push ads android’
Search engine: Google

Results: Same as for icon ads.

Community decide what is spam or not. You can try to close your eyes or you can be insulted but it will not change truth about this.

IAP is definitely a good way to go by the way. People bought $100 worth of stars in my games several time (from which only about $50 gets into my pocket though because of google cut and taxes). I don’t know why, but they did. :smiley: Maybe they felt the need to show that they are rich. :wink:

But look… average IAP (better app or game) have 60$/user earnings. In notification we have below $1/user or even much much lower. When using ads you have to also pay taxes. So IAP is better. It’s a king now. Time to try with IAP and if some from your app will earn more than notifications, quit this shitty ad model. It’s popular because it’s easy and any, even stupid 1 month developer can use it and get cash. IAP is difficult. Same paid apps. Now I am testing paid and good results but I have ads to it from my free apps :wink:

The ratio of IAP is still low (from what I understand) - but because of the “whales” (and from that recent distimo article it seems majority is from asian countries - perhaps lot of corrupt money being handed down to kids using their parents’ accounts ?).

In any case, my impression is that it is the “whales” which make all the difference - because of the concentration of buying power in “cash” - it becomes possible for those users to buy $100 worth of coins etc.

That is NOT possible with IAP-like systems like GetJar/Tapjoy etc. which are virtual currency you EARN - i.e. it requires some user effort to do that - which IMMEDIATELY will cut out the “whale” crowd (whose whole basis of operation is to cut corners because they have huge stacks of ready cash available).

So it it thus no wonder that IAP using virtual currency systems tend to be a portion of revenue (and advertising is the mainstay) for most such apps.

The problem is that Google is not expanding paid app beyond their small circle of locations.

Though this page seems to suggest if you have a bank account in the U.S. that may help (though I have earlier heard that you need to also show a U.S. address) - plus even if you make an account that way, what are the tax implications of that - i.e. do you get taxed as a U.S. worker ?

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/150324
If you are not located in any of the countries listed above, or do not own the required bank account for receiving payments, Google may not be able to pay for the sales in that account by any other means.

So is the question just of Google ability to pay vs. something else ?

How is Google able to pay for advertisements ? And why did Google not adopt that model instead of dumping that on developers (or they thought this would avoid multiple payment of taxes - by Google and then by the developer or what ?).

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/138000

QUOTE:
Keep in mind that Google will continue to pass on the entire tax amount collected to the developer, and calculate the 30% transaction fee off the net price of the product. For example, if your tax inclusive price is 10GBP and your VAT is 20% (as set by the developer in the Google Merchant Center), then Google will first calculate your net price (8 GBP) and then apply a 30% transaction fee to that amount (2.4GBP fee). The developer would then receive 7.6GBP (includes tax collected).

So how does the developer pass on this tax-collected to the relevant multiple country authorities ?

QUOTE:
f you are developer selling apps based in a country other than those listed above, you are responsible for determining the applicable tax rate for the sale of your apps in all jurisdictions where your apps are sold and for remitting the taxes to the appropriate taxing authority (which may be different to the tax authority in your own location). The tax rates you specify automatically apply when the buyer checks out. Google is unable to provide you with tax advice and you should consult your own tax advisor.

Is it as complicated for developers on the Apple App Store ? Or does Apple take care of tax etc. ?

How come paid have all this complication - but ad network based revenue does not ?

It’s depends of your country. we have agreement on the avoidance of double taxation with USA, taxes 0 VAT if you sold something outside European Union. For European countries you can add VAT for each country.

I don’t see any problems:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Israel
Japan
Luxembourg
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom

all civilized countries on this list

and AGAIN

What the fuck? I think it is time for @Dave to make an option for down-voting some dummy posts…

google play could easily ban notifcation ads if they wanted. i’m sure it’ll happen in the next year, shocked it hasn’t happened yet. users obviously hate them.

I don’t think so. Google from jelly bean onwards makes very easy for users to stop notifications from specific apps. Having this option there is no reason for ban but it means notifications will be reaching
less and less people as more users learn and start using this feature

This is one of the smartest moves that are made by Google in the recent times. The useless spammy notifications which comes in creates a lot of distortion to the users. The antivirus apps from appsnetwork are also all geared up to work with Google to clean up the fake notifications that pops in no time .

I see you made a new account @billyh

Well, the problem is all the civilized countries not appearing on that list, like mine CHILE