Need a little S3 help

Hi,

Would really help me out if someone with a Samsung Galaxy S3 could test my app.

I can’t even see this app work on the emulator or my phone because of the high resolution, so I am making it on the blind.

I need to know if it works smoothly, and if it fills the entire screen. I’m only looking for devices at 1280x720 (S3).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bruce.android.guns.fnscarl

Thanx so much. :slight_smile:

Bruce,

It force closes after 1 shot on my s3.

Also my resolution is a little less than most s3s, because I have navigation keys activated as its rooted.

Also you must be catching the exceptions because I get no force close pop up, it just closes the app.

Thanx Dan, not catching the exception, very weird. It must be taking up too much ram, over 1 Gb I guess. Pulling my hair out since the emulators can’t play video.

I’ll put one up here in a bit with smaller files. Thanks.

Mr Bruce, the link you gave above shows a google play page which says that this version is not compatible with your device. This is on my galaxy s3.

Yes, I have 4 separate apks for the same app and had to remove the 720x1200 and the 480x800 version cause they depend on high res video and I can’t test them on emulators. I took a chance and didn’t work.

I have to buy an S3 and an S2 and make sure they work correctly before I put them out again. Getting the S2 tomorrow morning. Lotta clams for those 2 phones…

:slight_smile:

Maybe there’s a better way to go about that videos? I know that my S3 forces after getting a few 1080p .pngs in memory. Android actually has huge problems with big images, even though 2gb ram should be more than enough to play with.

I know absolutely nothing about video and memory, but maybe there’s a better way to go about it.

“Android actually has huge problems with big images, even though 2gb ram should be more than enough to play with”

Very interesting you say that cause my version for 480x320 res which runs great won’t play on the higher res emulators. After much testing on the emulators it looks like the problem is resolution, no matter how small the video or image is in bytes. Very bizarre…