Millenial Media

Yeah, the “Site Earnings” entry for October is still missing in my Transactions tab.

They said they have delays… I haven’t received the payment from last month yet too (normally it would go between 4th and 6th of the month).

Me too waiting for the payment.

Now MMedia paid me but $700 less than it stated in the Funds. :expressionless: Are they bancrupting or something? I will be lowering traffic to MMedia immediately until they explain and correct. I will be moving more traffic to admob - they give me low eCPM but at least don’t lie about it.

I also got the payment today and 600$ less than in the Funds. I opened support ticket.

I have used MMedia for three month and earned $2400, but My total balance is still 0 in my Transactions tab.I haven’t get payment from them till now!

Today I received the payment for September. They payed exactly what I expected.
The total balance shows 0$, but as far as I remember, the funds were not displayed correctly for some sime already.
I hope that they are not bankrupt because they are at least a very good fallback.

Got paid in full by them yesterday.

I’ve got a response:

Thank you for reaching out to Millennial Media! At the end of every month, our Finance team reconciles revenue for the entire network as a whole, and often times needs to make adjustments due to possible over delivery of campaigns through the network. This is completed by the 6th or 7th of the month, and that is when we have final numbers for the month. The mMedia reporting tool is very accurate in terms of reporting actual delivery, but the one thing it is unable to do is calculate network over delivery, which is reconciled on a manual basis. Because of potential backouts, the mMedia funds tab may not always match actual monthly revenue.

Seems like an automated bullshit. It was not the estimated value that was wrong but the cleared funds on the Funds page that were already counted and ready to be paid out. And they still haven’t updated the Funds page. Anyway it means the real eCPM for Millenial Media is about 10-15% lower than estimated - it’s important to take this into account when setting up mediation (the same MoPub Marketplace seems to be off by 8% while admob is very accurate). And with 10-15% lower eCPM Millenial Media is not really worth the bother (unless someone is banned from adMob) because it will be worse than adMob in all geos.

(optimistacally thinking maybe it’s a one off thing when they messed up some campaign and lowered the revenue for those unfortunate - like kidgames and me - who were displaying it)

I’ve also contacted the guy from MMedia who was talking to me about campaigns, maybe he will know more or will have some influence.

If they overflowed their advertisers budgets, that their fault. You showed the ad they sent, and they should pay for it.

When I advertised on mMedia I came across quite a few things.

Some geos/carriers/OSes I targeted had overages up to 30 percent. In other words, I paid for 30 percent MORE than was actually delivered. It was weird because I could target iPhone in Panama and it would be almost spot on with my stats, while Android in Panama would have the 30 percent overages. Other campaigns would be spot on. Some carriers I targeted had overages. It was odd. I had my own commercial tracking system tell me this and it was definitely correct.

They aren’t the only company with these reporting problems though (although the worst I came across in terms of getting cheated out of money). There’s another company that reported 1/10 of what was actually delivered and I made a killing until other advertisers booned up the CPC.

There are a few other weird things with them I won’t get into here but let’s just say there’s money to be saved and earned on both sides of the table. My banner eCPM is at lowest 50 cents @ millions of impressions a week. Yesterday it was a dollar for Christmas. They’re my number one choice from a publisher perspective. I don’t mind waiting another month or 2 for significantly better payouts. Then again, I haven’t checked out other solutions in about a year either.

Edit: They definitely overflow a little bit with advertiser budgets too.

Well, my eCPM on MMedia is lower than on adMob after the additional 10% cut they took so I just moved my impressions back to adMob.

The eCPM on mmedia depend on country. For some country(70%) eCPM bigger on Admob, in other on mmedia. The “Mopub segment system” helps to send traffic to specific country.

Too much bother to monitor it, especially since I can’t trust MMedia reports on eCPM (because they pay less than the reports show their eCPM is also less than reports show). It’s easier to just move all traffic to adMob and get paid in 20 days instead of more than 60. They also still haven’t updated Funds page, so the payment will also be probably delayed this month. That also doesn’t provide much trust.

Hi,

My earning on end of November is already exceed the lowest threshold for payment. But, until now 1 month already and I still not receive any email or notification about the payment in process. Is this normal?

It is not normal. You can read this tread about that
http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/3095-millenium-media-monthly-earnings-posting-clicks-0%24.html
I had written in support and my September’s earnings was displayed after about 10 days. However, earnings for October and November have not been indicated yet.
I wrote about this situation to support again and received such answer:

Dec 11 05:28 PM (EST):
Hi Vasily,
I am reaching back out to inform you that though the problem is still unresolved, we have a team working on the issue. We will have this back up and running properly as soon as we can.
Dec 09 11:48 AM (EST):
Hi Vasily,
Thank you for reaching out to Millennial Media! Earnings for September should have gone out later last week, so you should see your payments soon, if you haven’t seen them come in already.
We are experiencing a delay in reporting for October earnings. We have a team working on it now to resolve the issue, and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Exactly the same experience for me.
Also their reporting interface is horrible, and crashes with a web browser ad blocker.

Dan i dont see you posting income reports on your blog anymore. Would love to see whats working for you these days

Hey sorry. Not active much anymore as I’ve had some personal issues arise. If you’re curious I still make 10k a month and haven’t done anything but take out of app ads out of my apps. I might return to my blog soon as I am going to start working on things again.

Hope things work out on that end for you dude. Always loved reading your posts.
Great to hear things are still going well!