Sadly I have to move on from Blackberry. Currently using a Leap and a Q10. I’m not tech savvy and am at a bit of a loss as to what to do now. A lot of lingo on here is out of my league so be simple if you can. I hate both Apple and Google which leaves me with no options? I’m considering to either buy a degoogled phone or try degoogling one myself. Is this realistic and doable?
Important things to me.
- Security and privacy.
- Phone signal reception. (I live in rural Manitoba)
- A workable web browser.
- A communications hub like Blackberry Hub.
- A phone that doesn’t feel like I’m hauling a window pane around everywhere I go.
Things unimportant to me.
- 5G - I could care less. Probably never will have it way out here anyway.
- A camera for posting pictures in National Geographic. I’m not a photographer.
- Apps. Rarely use any.
- Maps. Handy once in a while but only used when I go on vacation. (I might go on a vacation again once Covid is over in 2043.)
All help offered is most appreciated.