Introducing Tapit

Bojan,

These advertisements are legitimate and you can actually win an iPad through those ads. Understand that not everyone who clicks the ad will win, but they will be given an equal chance as anyone else who does.

To run a false advertisement is illegal and unprofessional.

It would not make much sense for us as a company to work with a fraudulent advertiser because it would hurt our reputation and business.

The repercussions for false advertising are even more severe for the advertiser(s).

We are very selective with who we work with and what ads we allow to be shown on our publisher’s sites and apps.
In this case, however, the advertiser ends up getting our publishers great eCPMs, runs a legitimate ad, but the ads are not very pretty (creatively speaking).

We understand that what advertisers would like to display is not always what the developer would prefer.

These advertisements are legitimate and you can actually win an iPad through those ads.

according to Google Translate

“Onneksi olkoon
Olet voittanut ilmaisen iPadin”

means

“Congratulations
You have won a free iPad”

so not “you can win” but “you have won” :slight_smile:

“You have won an ipad”!

Really? I read in ad above that someone got iPad and that he just need to collect his reward! I do not speak Finnish language but used Google translate and it showing that translate is OK, so it is OK for you (as Ad company) to tell someone that he got iPad just to lure him to participate in some lottery?

Exactly, your ad is saying the user has won an ipad when in fact HE/SHE HAS NOT. This is completely false advertisment and in essence the ad is illegal and very unprofessional and even if I got 100% CTR I would not want anything to do with this ad in my apps.

I do not want my users to have negative connotation with my apps just because your ad network produced garbage ads. I have worked way too hard to risk my user rating and user base to decline due to poor quality and false advertisements.

Sure ads may be annoying to users at times but I feel ads like “WIN A FREE IPAD” are the worst kind of ads out there.

Doesn’t seem like TapIt is very selective with their advertisers in IMO.

Hello Thrahseri,

Its disappointing that the only ad you saw with TapIt was that particular one. I should inform you that we do not have a lot of demand in Finland and you’ll see ads like these. However, as you already know yourself, if you do not want such ads on your traffic, you have the ability to block them. In case there are other categories of campaigns running, you’ll see those ads. Otherwise, your Fill Rate in Findland will drop.

Finally, we have a lot of demand in other countries and especially Tier 1 countries. I’d strongly recommend that if you must block that category, then at least work with us for other countries where you’ll get more ads.

Plesase PM me if you need any assistance.

Hope that is a workable solution for you.
[hr]
Hello devo1985

I’m not aware of what network(s) you work with. I do not even know what apps you have. But the truth is that these offers are run on almost all networks. Like I have stated, you can easily block this category of ads among others.

Obviously there is no obligation of working with us and we encourage you to do what is best for you. If our ad practises are not suitable for you, then we can understand that.

Thanks

This thread reminded me I need to look at the payment terms - net60, net7 etc. as suggested above.

And also how they will pay - wire etc.

I was planning on using Appbrain and Greystripe interstitials and banner ads on admob mediation in this order:

• greystripe
  • millennial media
  • applift banner (appbrain)
  • admob

Greystripe has net30 it seems and only pays paypal or cheque (no wire it seems ?).

So I wonder if I should consider the airpush (they are advertising their new sdk on websites).

Does the appbrain banner ad add anything - if are going to show it once every 3 days anyway - does a “More Apps” plain appbrain banner ad prompt people to click ?

I’ll also have to include the net30, net7 payment stuff in my assessment of millennial media and airpush etc.

Appbrain banner shows every time - their interstitial is showing only every 3 days (unless you set it to show always) - it’s also the same all the time as far as I know, so it would better to set it to show only 10% of the times or sth like that.

Yes, I understand that Appbrain BANNER will have 100% fill rate - why ? because they only have to show text and “More Apps”.

So THAT part of Appbrain banner ads is interesting - the question is, what is the value of the Appbrain banner ad if one is already showing the interstitial once every 3 days (as recommended by Appbrain so users not get jaded by too frequent “More Apps”).

Unless people have actually seen that the “More Apps” BANNER also gives good conversion to clicks - which would be counterintuitive - but highly impactful on the decision to include Appbrain banners or not.

So Appbrain banners probably can fill in where nobody else can - since they are always available (I am guessing for the above reason i.e. are just “More Apps”). The question is if they contribute anything.

The other question that arises is if one is being ultra-careful with the Appbrain interstitial (“More Apps” once every 3 days - shown at end of app for example). Then what does using something like Airpush Smartwall do ? Is that not violating the “don’t show too often” principle that Appbrain is recommending ?

Or is the difference that the Appbrain “offerwall” (i.e. the “More Apps” interstitial at end of app) is static - and thus can get rapidly boring (so don’t show too often).

While a dynamic interstitial like Airpush Smartwall (I am assuming it is more dynamic) brings some entertainment or novelty value with it - so THAT is acceptable to show more often i.e. once per app session or twice per app session even perhaps ??

So is that what the Airpush Smartwall would bring ? Because some part of the Airpush Smartwall would also include their offerwall “More Apps” etc. - so I am wondering if using the blanket Airpush Smartwall basically throws out the Appbrain interstitial strategy … i.e. might as well show offerwalls all over the place if are allowing it from Airpush Smartwall ?

Hello dear TapIt staff.
I already have an application in Google Play.
I need to add my phunware ads into my application. I try it in my test application with PhunWare test mode ( interstitialAd.setTestMode(true) ),
and see only black fullscreen advertising. And when I turn off the test mode, I don’t see anything.
I already choose an appId and zoneId.
Please help me add advertisinjg in real mode.