Installs dropped dramatically after very minor update

For months, my game had been getting about 900 - 1200 installs/day.
Last month, I added a very brief tip in the “Full Description” of the Spanish translation. (at the end of text)
This was the only change. Everything else remains the same, including all the other translations and the APK file.
Just a few hours after I submitted this change, the number of installs from all countries dropped dramatically.
Since that moment my game is getting about 50-70 installs/day. (Approximately 17 times less!!!)
Last week, I reversed the change in the text, but everything remains the same…
I think my game is not trash. It has a score of 4.03
I’m really frustrated… :frowning: Has anyone had a problem like that?

yes, i had the same problem, one of my games was getting about 700 daily installs, until i updated my the google play store, i did only add 2 new screenshots but i didn’t change the order of screenshots or anything on the description, and now my game just dropped to 90 install per day, and this a game .

it’s just like if google use bots to take down our game rank, for no reason !

Yes, I suspect the same. It can be understood that the algorithm changes from time to time, but the suspicion is that they apply the changes just immediately after a seemingly insignificant update. The worst thing is that although I reversed the changes, the ranking does not improve.

“my game just dropped to 90 install per day, and this a game .” what did i wrote ?! sorry about this, maybe i forgot to finish my sentence … :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway, even if you reverse the change, you rank will be the same, what i don’t understand is why google is doing this ? i mean normaly if the developer update his app/game, that’s a good thing for google, they should support and improve his game rank
but of course google only help the spammers and stupid prank apps :mad:

Hi, guys!
According to the situation that you have said, it may be caused by the algorithm of Google that changes from time to time. You have add some brief tips in description, which maybe not suit for the algorithm of Google. There are some tips of writing description:

1. the description should be summarized to one sentence to explain the main function of your app

2. you should pay attention to the first 3 sentences, which can drive people to read more information of your app indirectly.

3. you can also put the keywords in the description, which can increase the exposure rate of your app.

Indeed, there are some other useful methods to promote your app so that more people would like to install your app:

1. content marketing: you can write some blogs and essays to introduce your app, including app function, goals and other features. If you have enough budget, you can also invite some popular star or bloggers to help you advertise your app.

2. cross promotion: if you have published more app that have received good responses, you can use the platform completely to advertise your app, because the potential audiences are the precious resources for your new app.

3. submit your app in special websites: you can put your app on some special websites, like classified sites and review sites. The installs will increased when audience browsing these websites.

4.leverage your app website
you can create a website of your app, crafting the page and designing a beautiful interface of your website. The users can communicate with others in this platform, and you can find the potential problem of your app by reading the messages from the users and find the relevant solution to solve these problems.

5. pre-loaded in app stores: you can pre-loaded your app in app stores to guide the audience to install your app, which can gain much more installs of your app although it will took much money.

6. improve the quality of keywords: the quality of keywords affects your app ranking. However, promoting the quality of keywords is a tough task, including the relevance, competitive, localization and plural. So, it is necessary to optimize your keywords using some effective ways. If you have enough budget, you can buy keywords search installs from a reliable app store optimization company, like ASOTOP1, to promote the search ranking of your app.

7. get high ratings and reviews:audience would like to choose one app with more positive reviews, indeed, the reviews also influence the installs of your app. So, you can buy high ratings and positive reviews from a reliable company to promote your app.

Wish these methods will be useful!

I have witnessed this too… I believe its a change in google algorithm. I guess its time to get more incentivized downloads

The same here, after you update your app, something triggered on Google’s devil machine.

In one word: coincidence. End of story.