I don't know if I am making the right decision

My surgery date is 09/25/17, and I do not have a lot of support. I am 29 and do not have any medical conditions except for asthma and the fact that my BMI is 44. My parents feel like I should not have to be “cut open” in order to lose weight, but they do not understand my every day struggle. My dietician (outside of the bariatric program) reminds me that if I get this surgery I can possibly develop esophageal cancer because you apparently get GERD after gastric sleeve. I only have one supportive friend, and she’s sad because she feels like I’m going to become a different person because of hormones and that i won’t be able to drink anymore. I just support from someone and some assurance that I am making the right decision. I don’t want to die and I don’t want to regret this surgery and develop more diseases as a result of this surgery. Is this worth it? Did anyone have regrets?

I hope everything turned out well for you.

Hi, I just stumbled upon this post. You were def grappling with a significant decision back in 2017. If you’re looking for advice or support now, remember that, ultimately, your well-being is crucial. Don’t hesitate to reach out to medical professionals for guidance. As for your friend’s concerns, people change over time, and true friends should stick by your side.If you or anyone reading this has ever faced another tough choice, consider using a roll dice tool. It can add an interesting twist to decision-making.