How to promote my new app?

I am about to release my new app which is a companion of my new site, which can be found here. How can I market this type of application successfully?

You need ASO & SEO. I think most of other methods will fail. You could try to do a bit of FB advertising (paid targetted advertising and spam posting) to get the initial user base, but I think most people here will advise against spending money on promotion unless you have a lot of money to spend and you want to get into the top new charts. Good luck.

Hi there, based on my experience, no matter what kind of your app, one of the most efficient promotion ways is boost app ranking with specific keywords in the app stores.Because over 65% users discover new app by searching keywords in the app stores, the higer your app rank, the more downloads your app will get.

But the most important step is getting the right keywords, relevance is the precondition, then you should consider the competition and traffic of the keywords. For a new app, you had better target these keywords which have low competition and traffic firstly, after gaining the initial momentum, start using keywords with higher traffic and reasonable difficulty. You can evaluate your keywords with app keyword tools, such as SensorTower, App Annie and App Tweak,etc.

After your getting the right keywords, then with the following methods, you can boost your app ranking with the specific keywords:
[ul]
[li]Add them in your app title ,which can improve your app ranking by 10.3%[/li][li]Place 8`12 keywords in app description( Google Play Store)[/li][li]Put the keywords in the name of your in-app purchase items[/li][li]Buy keyword search installs - which can boost your app ranking instantly, highly recommend[/li][li][b]Get keyword reviews[/b] - besides increase app ranking, it can also increase the download rates, because 95% people prefer to download an app which has much more positive reviews.[/li][/ul]

Besides, you can also cooperate influencers, which can also drive lots of downloads to your app. Because most people prefer to follow others and be influenced by the words of some celebrities or well-known business people. Developing honest, authentic, and mutually beneficial relationships with influencers will go a long way in helping to promote your app.they have a large number of fans, if they promoted your app, your app will get huge exposure. These people may include influential bloggers, newspaper journalists, professional tech writers in social network like Facebook or Twitter.

Hope these methods are useful to you.