Making Money with Android

How to establish adb connection between Android Studio and Nox App player

The existing Android Emulators are all very complex in setting up and are mostly charged for a premium account. Here today I would like to introduce this new tool called Nox App Player which is among the fastest I have used and is very easy to install. It is also totally free of charge.

So, here are the steps to connect Android Studio with Nox:

1. Download and install Nox App Player from their official website where there’s the latest version: Nox APP Player_Best APP Player Ever

2. Start Android studio and create a new project.

3. Start Nox App Player, go to Nox system settings >> turn root mode on >> save changes and restart Nox
    (Note: Nox is defaulted to start in tablet mode, you could choose here in System Settings >> Advanced >> Startup as Phone to better emulate the Android phone experience)
    2.5.1 Root.jpg

4. Go to Android settings in Nox >> About Tablet >> Keep clicking Build number until it shows that you are now a developer >> go back to Android settings and you will find the developer options now.
    Settings.jpgDeveloper options.jpg

5. Go to developer options >> tick USB debugging
    USB debugging.jpg

6. Now run cmd and cd command to the bin folder under the installation path of Nox App Player, input this command: nox_adb.exe connect 127.0.0.1:62001. You will see a successfully connected notice in cmd.
    IF: it shows null or offline, just re-start Nox and try again
    cmd.png

7. Now Android studio will detect Nox.

This is also applicable in Eclipse.

I was looking for this solution for one of my project.