How should I promote a game for kids?

I released a game called Me Cashier about 2 weeks ago, it’s a simple cashier game for kids that features an actual bar code scanner.
For the past few days I have been getting about 50-100 downloads per day.

Things I’ve tried so far:

1. Posting on forums - response is not great, as expected.
  2. Write an article in my own blog - done
  3. Make a Youtube video - done (just a crude slideshow with background music)
  4. Admob House Ad
  5. Facebook Ads
    Daily budget is about $30, CPC bid is ~USD 0.15
    Targeting married people in California, USA.

Can I have your input on this?
What marketing method can I use with only a small budget?

Go for email marketing and fb groups, try changing the name in the console, etc.

This stuff works with Indian user’s been getting good number with this.

Thanks for the advice… I really never would have thought of those by myself.
For email marketing, how do you get it done? Paid services?

I have just completed a trial run of Facebook ads for Me Cashier.
Here’s the summary

Duration: 7 days
Total spent: $100
Clicks: 358
Impression: 14, 888
CTR: 1.651%

Average daily installs before FB ads = 50
Average daily install during FB ads = 52

So approx install coming from FB = (52 -50) * 7 = 14
CPI = $100 / 14 = $7 b[/b]

Conclusion:
Facebook Ad is not effective, at least not effective for my case.

I’ve been there.

FB ads are just a way to throw money away.

Hi there, based on my experience, here are some cost effective app marketing methods for you.

App Store Optimization
App Store Optimization is cost-effective,which aims to boost app ranking in the app stores. Because about 65% users discover new apps by browsing or searching on the app stores, then it’s one of the great ways to promote app. App developers can optimize their app title, screenshots as well as expand its keywords and make it localized without money by themselves.Follow the following tips to conduct app store optimization:
[ul]
[li]Keyword Research - For app store optimization, the key part is choosing keywords, because just like SEO, keywords play an important role in the app store ranking algorithm, when you choose keywords, you should take relevance, competition and traffic into consideration. For a new app, target those app which has low competition and traffics is a good choice, because they are much easier to rank for. [/li][li]App Title - Place the most important keywords in app title, which can increase your app ranking by 10.3%.[/li][li]App Description - Add 8~12 keywords in description, which are beneficial to increase app ranking in the app stores, especially for Google Play.[/li][li]Using eye-catching icon and screenshots and attractive videos - Maybe these factors can improve your app ranking directly, but they can increase the download rates, the more downloads your app get, the higher your app will rank - improve your app ranking indirectly.[/li][li]Buy app installs, which can boost app ranking in hours, highly recommend. for low competition keywords, it will not cost you much.[/li][/ul]

Cooperate with influencers
Influencers are individuals with the power to influence the buying and engagement decisions of a certain group of people. Developing honest, authentic, and mutually beneficial relationships with influencers will go a long way in helping to promote your app. These influencers could be influential blogger, newspaper journalist, professional tech writer in social network like Facebook or Twitter.

Get positive app reviews
About 95% users will take the app reviews as one of the most important reference factors to judge the app, and most people prefer to download an app which has much more positive reviews, then getting positive reviews can boost download rates efficiently. What’s more, apps with 4/5-star reviews are positioned higher than competing apps using the same targeted keywords.

Hope the 3 methods are useful to you.