HELP ME . What is the best ad format for non game apps?

Hello,

I am going to release app which is not a game, My app is a TV Guide and I think that the users of this app will open it for a short time, may be once a day or a week :frowning: .

I need your HELP[COLOR="#FF0000"][COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR] [/COLOR]to determine a good strategy to monetize this app.

Please share your experience with a similar apps ( ad format, ad network, your revenue)

The ad networks are welcomed to advice.

THANKS

I haven’t seen your app, but since it’s a TV guide I assume that you are either using List View or Grid View. If that’s the case then you can use native in-stream ads to create an advertising experience that will not annoy your users (check here some native ad examples).

Of course, this will not stop you from using any interstitial/video ads as well to have additional revenue streams and capture as much revenue as possible for the short duration users will be visiting your app.

Check out Avocarrot, as you can try a range of native ads to find the one that best works for your app and could be up and running within 15mins: http://www.avocarrot.com

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to share your screenshots here to get feedback.

Hello @feras80h, is your app similar to this TV Listing app that we work with at Pollfish? If so, you should give a try at Pollfish. Pollfish delivers surveys instead of ads through mobile apps, paying minimum $0.30 for each completed survey through your app. If you need more info please let me know.

Hey feras80h,

I agree that Native Ads may be the best route to take, as they would fit pretty seamlessly into the look and feel of your app. You could also experiment with ads that appear while your app is loading so they won’t interfere with your user experience.

If you have more questions, please let me know!

Best,
Cassidy Smith

Hi feras80h,

From the sounds of your app, I would recommend trying out the Airpush Bundle 1 SDK. The SDK is 100% Google Play compliant, and includes a pay per download ad type, where you can earn up to $0.02 per new USA user install and EULA opt in along with in app display ads. This way, you are able to fully monetize each of your users.

Airpush Nick

Most of my apps are not games. My winning combination has been with Admob and mobileCore. StartApp and AppNext have also done well for me too.

Try to prioritize interstitial ad formats, with banners an smaller units mixed in there too.