Fifteen Puzzle X 0.15 (Sliding Tile Puzzle )

nice! but they found some bugs xD

quite interesting is, that nearly every game has a load of downvotes and only a bunch upvotes xD xD xD only devs voting as I said xD

Hi reiti.net,
The bugs they found are already solved but I haven’t publish yet because I’m working to integrate scoreloop and because I want to avoid demo effect :slight_smile:

The fact that only developers are voting is easy to understand. The page actually is not that visible to the final users.
Maybe the should make it more visible.

I don’t know but I don’t think this review will improve in any way my downloads because in the end they don’t like it :frowning:

Anyway thank you everyone that vote my game :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I’m close to finish my next release but I’m not sure everything works.
Could anyone test my game?
Here the link:

Please report any issue or suggestion?

Cheers,
Gabriele

It saving state well. I had a few problems with scoreloop, the first time I tried to view the scores it would not connect. Then it started working, then another bug, the puzzle completed screen came up, and I had not even finished the puzzle yet. It said I had completed it in 0 seconds. Not sure how that happened. I came up while I was on the highscores/scoreloop trying to get it to work. I enter a username in the text box, but then it didn’t keep the user name later.

Hi XdebugX,
Thank you for testing my game.
I’m already working on the issues.
I’m a bit worry about Scoreloop because I’m having quite few issues with that.
Anyway I’ll let you know when I fix them! :slight_smile:
What about new Italian users? Your banner still running and probably will reach 14000 impressions soon.

Let me know,
Gabriele

I noticed you created your own interface for scoreloop. It looks really good, but may be the hard way to do it. Scoreloop provides one for you that may be easier to get working. But if you can get your own interface working I would go with that as it fits your app theme well and looks good.

I got a huge spike in Italian users the first day we started the cross promotion campaign. Since then it has leveled out with a few smaller spikes. But on average getting about 5 times more impressions from Italy. Thanks for help with cross promoting, are you getting increased US impressions?

Hi XdebugX,
I have now better impressions in US! Thank you! :slight_smile:
I checked the issues you reported:

1. I fixed the issue about getting to puzzle completed screen
  2. I couldn’t reproduce the issue about not keeping username after you entered. Could you please try again and explain in detail what’s happening?
  3. I notice that the first time Scoreloop doesn’t connect always.

I tried a while ago to use Scoreloop default UI but it doesn’t fit well in my game and I had same issues about slow response from the server and sometime get stuck. :frowning:

I don’t know what to do because sometime is working very fast and sometime it just stuck. The API doesn’t support cancel or to change timeout and the only thing I can do is to show Cancel button to close the waiting dialog.
Is it possible that these issues are related with the fact that I haven’t submitted yet my game to scoreloop?

You can download latest version from the same url.

Cheers,
Gabriele

I don’t know if that it hasn’t been submitted yet has any effect. But that could be the problem I think. I tried updating the user name again, and first time it came up with a network error. That may have been what happened before. Is this username the one for your scoreloop profile? If so it should already have my username if I have a profile from another app, which I do, right? Second and thrid time it had another network error. I tried it on wifi and it updated the username this time. So it could be a combination of my network and scoreloop both not connecting.

Hi XdebugX,
I fixed few other issues and integrated the standard Scoreloop UI.
Could you check now if everything is fine?
I think Scoreloop sometime still get stuck with request even with their UI.
I really don’t know what to do.

Let me know,
Gabriele

Scoreloop seemed to be working fine today, and the integrated UI is working well too. I would try submitting it and see if you get much network errors. You can always revert it back to testing mode if you need to.

I tested it on my nexus 7 android 4.1 tablet today and found a bug that I’ve seen before on android 4.1. While I was playing the screen went completely black when the admob ad refreshes. Only the ad and a black screen were showing. I was having the same problem with admob in my apps. The fix I found for it was to call:

mAd.setLayerType (android.view.View.LAYER_TYPE_SOFTWARE,null);

Seems theres is a problem with hardware acceleration in the admob ads that cause the screen to go black. I don’t know if it’s only a Nexus 7 bug or all android 4.1 problem.

setLayerType is only available in api version 11 and higher. So if you supporting lower versions (in which I don’t see the bug happen). You need to check to make sure you don’t call setLayerType or it will crash on lower versions of android. To check you need use reflection to hide the setLayerType call in another class like this:

In your activity with the ad check for android version like this:

sdkVersion = Integer.parseInt(Build.VERSION.SDK);
if (sdkVersion >= 11) ReflectClass.setLayerType (mAd);

Then use a another class to call the setLayerType, here I called it ReflectClass:

package xdebugx.wordSearch;

import com.google.ads.*;
public class ReflectClass {

public static void setLayerType (AdView mAd) {

try {
mAd.setLayerType (android.view.View.LAYER_TYPE_SOFTWARE,null);
} catch (Exception e) {};

}

}

Hi XdebugX,
thank you very much for the very detailed tip.
I did it and upload new apk on dropbox. I hope I did it right! :slight_smile:
I can’t test it. Could you test it for me?

PS: Anyone else could test it on a different device?

Let me know,
Gabriele

Hi Gabriele, you welcome :wink: I don’t see the black screens anymore on my Nexus 7. Scoreloop seemed to be working pretty well.

Hi XdebugX,
thank you very much! :slight_smile:
I published the game on Google Play. Let hope I don’t have big issue! :slight_smile:

Here the change log:

• Bug fixes
  • Online Leaderboards (Scoreloop)
  • Improved graphics and font
  • Save game state

New release of Fifteen Puzzle X 0.14:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fifteenpuzzlex

Change log:

• Bug fixes
  • Swipe to slide tile
  • Play with images from gallery

Hi guys,
here an interview to me and a review to my game:
http://blog.pre-pay-as-you-go.co.uk/2012/11/06/interview-with-gabriele-ferreri-an-android-game-developer/

http://blog.pre-pay-as-you-go.co.uk/2012/11/07/fifteen-puzzle-x-classic-sliding-puzzle-game-review/

I hope you like it!
[hr]
New release of Fifteen Puzzle X 0.15:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fifteenpuzzlex

[attachment=261]

Change log:

• Bug fixes
  • You can now choose if you want to move tiles using swipe or tap from the menu