Drawing App Ad Networks?

Hello guys, I need a little advice from you. I’m in AdMob, but it’s by default now. I have a drawing app here. I only added some keywords in the AdRequest code, but I don’t know how it works really…
I understand that admob is CPC (cost per click), but should I add networks from the admob admin panel? The eCPM value is set by default with USD 0,01

Is there any ad network that pay for impressions?

Any help to improve a little my config is welcome
cheers!

I am not setting any “keywords” in “AdRequest()” etc. - I’m just using the XML based admob banner ads - and the admob interstitials.

For these the only place I saw keywords etc. maybe in the Sites & Apps tab on Admob Developer Console webpage - click Edit - and it gives you the choice of entering a Description for your app. I have entered mostly the text that is in the Google Play webpage for the app that is showing the ads.

I had also tried using some other keywords there - in the hope that it maybe affects the type of ads that are shown (i.e. maybe better tailored to the types of users for this app).

However I did not see too much difference - it’s hard to judge with just one or two examples - so revenue fell a bit (may have been other reason and also weekend vs. weekday revenue is less). But now revenue is back up - but this is from Christmas season approaching.

Compared to a month or so ago, the revenue is now 1.5x (and I am seeing fewer downloads than earlier - so this means the quality of admob ads are high during this Christmas period).

hey,

we are mobile ad network eomobi. i see the thread you have some problems in admob. do you think about another ad networks? We payment by new install , for high value countries payment at $30/1K new install ,normal value countries at $20,min at $10. Once user receive the ad ,we will pay you. so if you have interesting in it, please contact with me.

hey,

we are mobile ad network. i see your thread. you have some problem with your app. do you think about another ad networks? We payment by new install , for high value countries payment at $30/1K new install ,normal value countries at $20,min at $10.Once user receive the ad ,we will pay you. so if you have interesting with it, please contact with us.

thanks for your answers.

I really don’t know what value I should put in eCPM (!) 0.01 ? 0.02 ? 0.2 ? 2 ?

I assume you are talking of Admob mediation - the “eCPM” numbers there are just numbers which specify the ranking for the ad networks.

So you could use “eCPM” of 1.0 for Admob, 2.0 for mmedia.com - and the results would be the same as using 10.0 and 20.0.

(NOTE: an exception to this is Admob eCPM floor beta - which is another “ad network” i.e. is a source of ads - if you use this - THEN the eCPM is ACTUALLY used to screen out and only deliver ads that are “expected” by Admob to pay (probably from their past performance) more than the eCPM number you have specified)

So just pick a hierarchy for the ad networks - what will happen is that the top network you specify (with the highest “eCPM” number you have specified for) will get first opportunity. When that ad network is unable to deliver (i.e. it’s “fillrate” is below 100% - which it is for most networks - though for Admob it is close to 99% - though that will vary by country of user) - then the request will goto the second network and so on…

For starters you can give Admob the bulk of the ad volume - and let other networks fill in where Admob cannot deliver - so give highest eCPM to Admob and second highest to other ad network etc.