Downloads going down after being steady

Most of my apps are getting lesser downloads every day. Even though the decrease is not much (10-20 every day decrease).

Just wanted to check if other developers are also having this pattern. Do app installs go down after reaching some peak. I was under the impression that downloads will remain steady after reaching some number. BTW, I am talking about apps which have crossed the initial 30 day window.

About one week ago, one of my games that was getting 250-300 daily downloads dropped to around 100. I also saw a decrease in downloads for another game about a month ago.

I wrote about this few weeks ago. All of my apps wre doing good, downloads were going up months, after approximately 1 year I hit the plateu, stayed here maybe 4-5 months, and than just start slowly falling. In last 6 months downloads of all my apps were decreased like this:

APP 1: 2000/day => 500/day
APP 2: 400/day => 150/day
APP3: 60/day => 10/day

And still slowly decreasing…So probably yes, if your downloads are goidng up, everything is ok. Once they are stable and not rising, looks like google somehow knows that you just “reach limit” and probably marks your app as “not able to progress anymore” and you start to fall down. At least it happened in all my apps after some time.

Quick question have any of you guys updated your apps with added content ?

Do any of you guys promote older apps or just let them go on cruise control?

No new content. I rely on organic search traffic only. Dies google look at new content and push apps up in search results based on that?

Same here. I do think updating content improve ranking, even if not necessarily significant. I think ranking is mainly based on uninstall rate and speed of growth in the beginning, but after the 30 days, I think it relies more on smaller signals such as date of publishing, date of last update, links to the app page, user ratings etc.

My apps are going down too. But my diagnoses is that it’s seasonal influence. It’s summertime, and the living is easy… Who cares about apps if the weather is good?

Our downloads go down and down as well :-(.

Its been the same 1 peak mountain download behaviour for all of our apps

it’s normal because market and competetion are not steady. So you got more competition and you lose shares of the market.

While there is no sure way to keep your app beening downloaded you can try

1. Updating your app with new content. Not a small update but one that adds extra levels, missions, stuff to unlock, or if it’s just an app like calculator app then add a stopwatch . Reason update has to add content is so the users keeps the app on device waiting for update. I suggest the 1st month to update apps 2 times. Even if user doesn’t use app everyday the chance they will keep it installed because it might receive updates.

2. Even if app is old post it on Facebook and Twitter at least once a week to keep the name out there. It also makes a new back link to the game which google bots look for.

It is normal that your app downloads will go down, which asks you to optimize your app all the time. If you want to keep your app ranking in app stores and get more revenue from your app, you have spared no effort to use effective methods to optimize your app. The most effective that I want to recommended to you is ASO(app store optimization).There are some details and tips during the process of ASO:

why is the ASO important?

Just like the SEO is important for websites, the ASO is essential for app stores. In fact, searching in app stores is the main traffic sources of app, 73% app installs is through searching app in app stores. With the other channels of installing app become increasingly weak, app store optimization plays an important part.

The goal of ASO:

The result of ASO is that your app will be found easily by your customers who have interests in your app, and they will provide you assurance that they will no longer need to install other apps. Following 5 factors are the details of the goal of ASO:

[ul]
[li]find the targeted users
[/li][li]
[/li][li]improve the value of your app
[/li][li]
[/li][li]increase the coverage rate of app keywords
[/li][li]
[/li][li]increase the search ranking of app keywords
[/li][li]
[/li][li]Boost app ranking and get more installs
[/li][/ul]

How to do the ASO?

Design a beautiful Icon
A beautiful icon will leave deep impression to the people who see it, which is also useful for attracting people to download and try your app. Besides the icon, comfortable app screenshots and awesome app video also has a very important effect on the app ranking in the app store.

Create a quality title
According to the Google Play Store data, it shows that the title contains keywords can improve 10.3% ranking in the app store, so be sure to put the main keywords in the title.

do keywords research: the quality of keywords affects your app ranking. However, promoting the quality of keywords is a tough task, including the relevance, competitive, localization and plural. So, it is necessary to optimize your keywords using some effective ways. If you have enough budget, you can buy keywords search installs to promote the search ranking of your app.

ratings and reviews: audience would like to choose one app with more positive reviews, indeed, the reviews also influence the installs of your app. So, you can buy app ratings and positive reviews from a reliable app ratings and reviews provider to promote your app.

Hope these methods can help you and good luck!