Did anyone received this month Payment from StartApp?

Did anyone received this month Payment from StartApp?:confused:

not yet :-/ a bit strange , usually get mail about send payout to max 28th every month and get money 2 days after to my bank …

They still have until tomorrow, but I do always get it on or about 25th.

Hey everyone,

Since US banks were closed due to the Christmas holiday and since they will be closed again for New Year’s Day, please keep in mind that payments may be 1 or 2 days later than usual. Unfortunately, this is out of our hands, but I assure you that we are making sure that payments get sent as soon as possible. If you have still not seen your payment by the beginning of next week, please PM me or reach out to our support team at [email protected].

Thank you for your patience and Happy New Year!

Best,
Cassidy

thanks for information.

Just got mine :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

No need to replace your current SDK - there’s another channel of revenue.

We at Widdit have created an innovative solution the monetizes your app on the lockscreen.

On average, a user watches his lockscreen 130 times a day but only unlocks it 40 times - meaning you are 225% more likely to produce a revenue from an out of app solution like ours.

It doesn’t collide nor intereferes with any current ad network you might have installed (StartApp, Admob, etc).

If you’d like to know more and receive a $250 signup bonus - please go to Widdit - Home.

Happy holidays,

Noam

Still didnt get payout ! Should I contact with support? or wait one day more … ? I got mail from startapp about transfer money from 1th January but still didnt have money on my bank account :frowning:

Got it :slight_smile:

Hello wladca,

If you are using wire transfer, your earnings may take up to 5 days to transfer. So, you should see your payment by tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on the day that your payment was processed by Startapp. If you haven’t received your earnings by the end of the week, please let me know or email support ([email protected]) and we’ll be able to check on the status for you.

Best,
Cassidy