It is that time of the year where we would like to create a new global survey with questions from developers gathered in this forum and target app users, asking questions that usually arise in this forum regarding user behaviour and trends. There is no need to assume or discuss with each other about how users behave on what they prefer. We can ask them directly!
We did that last year, with a lot of interest from the devs of this forum and came to a lot of conclusions and helpful tips.
This survey will be deployed to more than 5000 app users all over the world. If any developer wants, he can provide a translate of the survey once we finalize it so we can deliver it to several different languages. That survey back then, was deployed to more than 4 languages due to the kind contribution of @WNASH, @hanfoosh and @BaksaiApps (hope you help guys this year too ). Pollfish platform can deliver these surveys to different languages based on users language on the phone.
You will be also available to take part to the survey through any pollfish enabled app. Results will be provided live real-time so everyone will be able to see users responding to these questions.
I will start with one or two questions and edit them in the process with popular questions by other fellow developers in the forum. Please help re-phrase, improve or alter these questions.
[SIZE=6]What you would like to ask app users?[/SIZE]
Hello guys this is the final version of the survey. This survey was enriched with a joint effort with Localytics and the developers of this forum. If anyone has last minute suggestions please let me know. Otherwise we are ready to go live.
[b]1) During what stage of the app experience do you prefer to be shown an ad?
a) At app launch
b) At app exit
c) On the phone lock screen
d) When the app content is loading
e) While immersed in the content of the app
- In exchange for virtual app currency or the temporary removal of ads, what do you prefer most?
a) Watch a video
c) Click on an ad
d) Complete a survey
e) Download and play an app
f) Get sent to and register on a mobile website
- When you like an app, do you usually check other apps from that developer?
- If you like an app, what action do you take to make your experience known?
c) Recommend to a friend
d) Contact app owner
e) None of the above
- If you do not like an app experience, what action do you take to make your experience known?
c) Never use the app again
d) Contact app owner
e) None of the above
- How do you usually search for an app within a specific topic/category?
a) Search a relevant app store
b) Search the web
c) Ask friends
d) Pick suggestions/similar apps from relevant app store
- What are the most important things you check before downloading an app?
a) App icon
- Have you ever tried to install apps from non Google Play app stores?
a) I have never heard of them
b) I have heard of these app stores but have never tried to download from them
c) I have downloaded apps from these app stores but was unable to install them
d) Yes, I know how to download APK files and enable unknown sources in device settings
e) I am not an Android user
- If you like an app, are you more willing to buy a pro version with more features?
- Do you have mobile internet/data enabled all the time?
a) Yes, always
b) Most of the time
c) Only when needed
- If you had to choose between the following two ad formats, which one would you choose?
a) Small banner ad visible all the time
b) Full screen/Popup ads from time to time
- Do you think a developer deserves to get money from ads for time spent to create an app?
c) Don’t care/Don’t know
- Do you enable push notifications on the apps you download?
c) Depends on the app
- Do you prefer to see push notifications or in-app notifications?
a) Push notifications
b) In-app notifications
- Is your phone jail broken or rooted?
- How important are app ratings to you when considering downloading an app?
a) Highly important
b) Somewhat important
c) Not important
- With what frequency do you download new apps?
a) 1 app per month
b) 2-5 apps per month
c) 5+ apps per month
- What is more important to you with regards to ongoing use of an app?
c) Content renewal
d) Social engagement
Translations kindly offered so far:
Hey everyone, survey is already up and running!
Thanks to everyone in the forum for your contribution on creating the survey.
Results are already quite interesting!
You can check them out here as they are collected real-time:
When survey is finished we will analyse and make conclusions and provide a powerful infographic as last year.
I am thrilled!
Here you can find the interactive infographic with the results.