There’s a lot of confusion and conflicting data on what developers actually make from their apps. As a community service, I’d like to try and gather the information so I can consolidate it and share with you all. I think it will be useful for all of us to understand what networks are paying in real life.
Please post here or send me by pm as much of the following data that you can/want to provide and I promise to try and reconcile it and, at least once a month, post whatever I discover:
- Total installs
- Daily installs
- Active installs (from the Google play dashboard)
- DAU (from your knowledge)
- Average length of user session (if applicable)
- MAU (from your knowledge)
- Retention rate; how many installs are still with you after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, etc’
- What ad networks you work with
- What ad products do you use (banners, interstitials, push, icon, Pingjam, etc’)
- How much does each network/product pay (with the correlated metrics (number of ads shown, cpm/ecpm, installs, active installs, etc’)
- Any other information you think is relevant
I guarantee full privacy and any information that I get by pm will be kept in strict confidence. I will only publish aggregated and anonymous data.
It’s a lot of data, but I think it will help us all figure out exactly who’s paying what so that we can all decide who we want to work with or how we can improve our ad products for you. What do you think?
Come on, take advantage of me:)