breaking news:: Google WON'T LET YOU ON PLAY STORE UNLESS YOU USE ADMOB!

breaking news:: Google WON’T LET YOU ON PLAY STORE UNLESS YOU USE ADMOB!

…relax, it is only a rumor at this point, but the buzz in the google sphere among the geniuses who work hard to please corporate america is to make a new policy in the near future which says, if you want your app on play store, you MUST only monetize it using admob.

what are your thoughts on this?

Is this even a thought. Google ol’ give it away, let them get use to it, once it’s an addiction, we come down and be NOT EVIL ( joke at this point) on them . Its sucks that no one is doing the right thing to compete with this clowns.

I don’t know how Google will do, but finally everybody will use admob. But if they won’t let us another platforms they can be acused by monopoly.

What is your source? That would cause other networks to sue Google. Even if they were allowed by means of mediation in adMob.

…it is someone from inside… they are talking and believe if they enforce that ad developers who have their apps on play store can ONLY use Admob, it will significantly boost their revenues, and shareholders of google stock will be very happy about that. So they are thinking of new policies on how they can enforce it by hiding behind the whole ‘user experience’ thing.

If something like that happened it would be such a dark and greedy thing to do. So wrong on so many levels.

Sure, but you have to understand google is a capitalist corporation from America, where only 1 thing matters. An increase in revenue every quarter to appease share holders. Wrong or not, they don’t care - only profits matter.

I think what they might do at most is that all networks will have to be mediated through adMob - integrating adMob with Google Services might be the first step. It would be disastrous for us if a ban on adMob would mean we can’t use ads at all…

come on man! They haven’t done such thing with adsense. On my website I can easily run any kind of ads. I highly doubt this is ever going to happen.

Their public image also matters to shareholders. A move like this in a massive industry with a large growth rate would hit the media. Couple this with just how many other ad networks operate in Google Play, I can’t see it happening.

You are right, but a move like this only affects developers. Until it doesn’t affect the average Joes (EVERYONE out there) their won’t really be a big public outcry against google. To mainstream people, a few developers *****ing about google is like meh, but if everyone and their friends are complaining, that is when google is in trouble. And google knows this.

Then stop wasting people time with your stupid dramatic title and caps lock.