Avocarrot ads not showing

I haven’t noticed such a problem, but I hope it doesn’t exists.
@mak, again you have impression problem. It started yesterday at 16:00 GMT and still exists. Or maybe, you run out of ads?

Yesterday,
Ad requests: 38 380
impressions: 24 600

Today:
Ad requests: 21 010
Impressions: 6 200

currently fill rate is 29.5%

yea the problem back , i had bad earnings last 4 days , ads not show from time to time .

@Javanshir the issue mentioned by kingloki1991 was a temporary glitch that was shortly resolved after it has been reported.

We are aware of the fill rate drop in some regions that started appearing yesterday and we are working on it - thanks for reporting it.

It’s just not the fill rate drop but my eCPM is extremely low for this entire month. It’s only about 0.46-0.53.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? I thought of giving them a try after reading post that devs getting $2-3 Econ. It seems like it was just temporary or might not actually be true.

my ecpm is high $1 and good sometimes $2
fill rate is not great this month but now fixing it he say
Support is nice so we see

in my case eCPM is always around 1.3-1.6$.

the problem is that this drop in fill rate is happening very often

Quick update - on Saturday morning 15th August we experienced a server issue that caused an ad serving downtime for a few hours. The new process we’ve put in place kicked in and the system became fully operational quickly after that. All reported incidents have since been investigated and resolved, however, if you are still experiencing any performance issues please drop me a PM with your account details (or reach out via the dashboard chat) so that I can look into it in further.

Regarding the fill rate, I just want to point out that doing a simple [ad impressions / ad requests] calculation will NOT result in your actual fill rate figure. It’s a matter of definitions but when you make an ad request and we serve an ad (fill rate = ads served / ads requested) and then when the ad gets displayed (render rate = ads shown / ads served). There is a need for both rates as each describes a distinct process with different health checks & optimization opportunities.

Currently, doing a [ad impressions / ad requests] will result in a combined fill rate/render rate figure. We have plans to separate these in a future dashboard update to enable enhanced analysis.

Avocarrot is down again.
Today does not count clicks brrrrr … :frowning:

Same here.

Hello - we are currently experiencing some ad serving issues that have started appearing a few hours ago. The issue is affecting all regions.

We are working on the incident and we will make sure to restore everything back to normal the earliest.

Quick update - the ad serving issue that we started experiencing a couple hours ago has now been fixed.

We will be closely monitoring the situation in the next 24 hours to make sure there are no unexpected side-effects, but if at any point you experience any other issue please notify us at support @ avocarrot.com so that we can immediately act upon it.

Mak, the issue here is, why on earth your servers and ads go down every month. This is probably the 5-6th time this happened in last 2 months.

Yes, this is a problem. And mainly because we have to loose money because of your faults/troubles. We put a lot of efforts to create apps and you just turn off ads for some time and we are left with 0$ revenue for few days. It is not good.

But the good point is that you inform us here about it. Communication is very important

Avocarrot customer service is good but they must improve their backend performance. Maybe give publishers a higher revshare to make up for the loss ?

@Intergig the main issue we’ve been facing was on our analytics infrastructure. About 2 months, we released a completely revamped dashboard with advanced revenue reporting features which includes slice-and-dice capabilities and new data visualizations. This was in addition to all reports displaying real-time data for you to get deeper insights around your mobile ads revenue performance.

We failed to properly estimate the strain that was to be applied on the analytics infrastructure. This in combination with the huge network growth we’ve been experiencing month-over-month, caused this particular part of the infrastructure to collapse over time. All our health monitoring tools (New Relic, Pingdom, Sentry etc.) hit red and our support queues started filling up.

We began our disaster-recovery procedures. We scaled both vertically and horizontally and in some cases we even switched technologies. We decided NOT to revert back to the old reporting dashboard as we anticipated to recover within 24 hours. We failed. It took us almost 48 hours to restore operational status and even after that, we had intermittent server downtimes spanning out over the next weeks.

This hit us hard. Any revenue loss due to downtime should not be acceptable by anyone and even if over the last many months we were proud for our 98+% SLA, we now had significant downtime within a short period of time. Since we are making money only when you make money, it’s only to our best interest to maintain high revenue performance of the service at all times.

We are changing many things. Amongst them is the design of a new high-resilience infrastructure that is currently in the implementation stage. We will also be releasing a public health monitoring service where you will be able to subscribe to instant notifications, so that you can get advanced warnings and immediately edit your mediation waterfall in case of a future incident.

No one like excuses and we don’t want to provide any. If you have any constructive feedback, it will be appreciated.

Is it down again since 7-8 hours? T_T

Same here, Its down again. Hope it will be resolved soon.

Hi guys - we are looking into this.

@curious49 could you please PM me your account details or get in touch via the dashboard chat? We’d like to investigate further your accounts as this does not appear to be a global issue.

I already have for tacchan23.

Jeg har aldrig været så tilfreds med køn som nu efter page - jeg købte dette lægemiddel i et online-apotek, og blev meget tilfreds med resultatet, og kan anbefale det nu, at alt er sikkert, og resultatet er virkelig imponerende. Der er ingen problemer med tilgængeligheden af stoffet