Anyone using TapContext?

We have never had a developer pulled and it has to be for a reason other than TapContext. We do not run adult or gambling ads. All of our ads follow Googles policies and guidelines. This is the first instance we have heard of an app pulled out of thousands of apps that are running with TapContext in them.

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/1868-tapcontext-shit-breaking-policy-making-loosing-active-users.html

BULLSHIT! DON"T LIE! I removed that notification with gambling but I can show in next 20 minutes what is your STUPID AntiVirus notification that is breaking policies and charging users outside market. It’s now ban for that in Google Play because: ADS CANNOT BREAK THE SAME POLICIES LIKE APP! Your ads selling some antivirus and want credit card!

Your ads are telling users that my app is VIRUS:|

ON SECOND IMAGE YOU HAVE EFFECT AFTER SPAMMED COUPLE THOUSANDS USERS WITH THIS SHIT. My application isn’t connected to any antivirus or security software. It’s also watched and also downloaded by users of my app, on second app I have similar results with kaspersky, mcafe, lookout, free antivirus… WTF. My application is toy for entertaiment!

Developer Terms apply to the entire user experience of your application/extension
Please be aware that Google’s Developer Distribution Agreement and Developer Program Policies (together, “Developer Terms”) apply to each application (“app”) as well as any ads or third-party libraries bundled or made available through the app. Offer your users a consistent, policy compliant, and well communicated user experience.

In general, ads are considered part of your app for purposes of content review and compliance with the Developer Terms. Therefore all of the policies, including those concerning illegal activities, violence, sexually explicit content, and privacy violations, apply. Please take care to use advertising which does not violate these policies.

Paid and Free Applications
App purchases: Developers charging for applications and downloads from Google Play must do so by using Google Play’s payment system.

YOUR ADS WANT CASH AND CREDIT CARDS FROM OUTSIDE MARKET!

Ads must not simulate or impersonate system notifications or warnings.

your ads are showing when system actions done like BATTERY LOW!

ADS HAVE TO NOT BREAK ANY POLICY FOR APPS!

@ramzixp Thank you for your info. I thought of trying it but did not have time.Maybe your post will make them bankrupt :wink:

Thank you for your feedback. Even when you are pointing out perceived weaknesses in our ad delivery platform, we appreciate that you’re willing to make your voice heard and share your experience with TapContext. It provides an important opportunity for us to clear up misconceptions about our platform and how it works.

We would love for every developer who uses us to fall in love with our model and ad delivery mechanism. We think it’s a powerful new way to show ads. We also recognize that some people just aren’t going to like what we do or how we do it. So right up front, let’s agree that perhaps the TapContext network isn’t a good fit for you or your app. That’s ok.

There may be others, however, who would like to know more about how TapContext works and whether we are compliant with the developer policies… let me try and address all the concerns I’ve seen so far in the 2 forum threads referenced.

First, you are absolutely correct that the developer terms and content policies include any ads or links in your app. That’s why it’s extremely important to pick reputable ad networks who understand the Android ecosystem.

Of course, some of that responsibility also falls on the developer. For example, it’s up to you, as a developer, to rate your app appropriately given the ad networks you include. If you publish your app with an “everyone” rating and then include an ad network that shows location-based ads, you will be in violation of the Google Play developer policy (which requires at least a “Low Maturity” rating if location data is accessed). This is a rather common oversight by app developers, and one that is extremely difficult for ad networks to police. TapContext does not run adult or gambling ads and can safely be distributed in any app with a “Low Maturity” rating or higher.

To clarify regarding the post with screenshots, TapContext does not specifically identify your app (or any other app, for that matter) as a virus. A big part of what makes TapContext unique (and allows us to offer such generous payouts worldwide) is that our ads are contextual. In other words, when the user installs a new app, we partner with a service that asks if the user wants to scan their device for threats and malware. It should be noted that we specifically do not identify individual apps as threats during the subsequent scan.

Please also note that the malware scan, while quick and simple, is 100% real. It is not a fake scan designed to drive clicks and sales. We require all our contextual advertising partners to provide real and verifiable services to the user. In the case of the threat scanner you mentioned, the service provided is both truste and av-test certified. If the user has no threats, the contextual quick scan will tell them they have no threats. If they do have threats, malware, potentially unwanted apps, trojans, etc. then the quick scan will also tell them that.

The only thing “limited” about the scan is that it won’t scan unknown apps (apps not in the service provider’s threat database), and it doesn’t identify the apps that have been flagged. Both of those require the advanced version (which is how you get paid, we get paid, and the service provider gets paid).

Also, contextual ads triggered by real system conditions like a low battery shouldn’t be confused with simulating or impersonating system notifications or warnings. TapContext does not in any way attempt to impersonate system notifications or warnings. We do, however, display clearly identified ads, with proper attribution and opt-out information, for relevant apps and/or services for a low-battery condition. There is a rather large jump between impersonating a system warning and showing a clearly identified ad triggered by a system state. We neither impersonate the Android OS nor try to deceive the user in any way.

We also have other contextual points where we might display an ad. It could be as a result of an action taken by the user (for example, taking a picture might trigger an ad for a backup service or a photo editing app). Or it could be the result of system state (for example, a weak or lost signal might trigger an ad for a tower location app). These are all part of our patent-pending contextual triggering system, and is in no way trying to impersonate the system.

In fact, we feel like we’ve gone above and beyond to be compliant. Even in the screenshots you attached, it is exceedingly clear that it is an ad, which app triggered the ad, and how to opt out of receiving more ads. We do not use system icons or misleading labels in any way. We even changed the background color. We admit that what we’re doing is definitely new and different, and nobody else is currently doing what TapContext is doing. But that shouldn’t be confused with “not allowed.”

Lastly, there is no prohibition by Google against apps charging outside of Google Play, provided those apps aren’t distributed through Google Play. We agree that you cannot distribute your app through Google Play and charge for it using your own merchant processing.

There are other specific provisions, however, regarding advertising and distribution of non-market apps. Specifically, a Play app cannot “cause users to unknowingly download or install applications from sources outside of Google Play” or “use the Market to distribute or make available any Product whose primary purpose is to facilitate the distribution of software applications and games for use on Android devices outside of the Market.” TapContext does not cause your app to violate either of these policies. The user remains at choice and in control throughout the entire process (i.e. they cannot “unknowingly” download and install any advertised product or service). And you, as the developer, control whether the “primary purpose” of your app is to facilitate the distribution of non-market apps.

I hope this clarifies some of the questions surrounding our new ad platform. We are the first to admit that we haven’t figured everything out yet and still have work to do. We do, however, take our developers and their apps seriously. You are our lifeblood. Please continue to use our SDK and find areas where we can improve as a company and a service. If you have questions or concerns, we are here to help. Perhaps, if your app is appropriate, we can even use it as a backend contextual service provider.

We’re excited about this new way of advertising. It opens up many previously unavailable channels for monetizing and distributing your apps. But confusion and misinformation hurts everyone involved. Hopefully I have helped clear things up and addressed your concerns here. If not, I’m sure you’ll let me know :wink:

Ill not risk account suspend using your ads if somebody likes your explain, ok, not me :wink: have a nice day

To be fair to @TapContext & the developers who have used them as well, here I would like to give some insight on what has driven me to intergrate TapContext with my apps. Sicking

of being flagged as intrusive ad-ware by anti-virus apps & numerous complaints by the users for spamming immoral contents such as gambling & adult contents made me decide to pull my apps out from ‘these’ well known

ad networks even though the revenues were quite good. Having been developing apps solely for educational purposes, I put a fairly high standard in term of moral value of the contents being displayed on my apps & I’m

looking for interstitial & push notification ads which can comply to this standard. Having been using TapContext for a month, I could say for time being that TapContext seems to be the right choice.

With CPM is around $2.70 & no single complaint over their push & appwall ads till now, make me confident to deploy my 73k+ active installs app with their SDK soon.

@TapContext, let's work together & help me achieving  my earning target of  min.$3,000/month by the end of this year !

Hello @WNASH… I just PM’d you your account managers info… do reach out so we can do anything we can to help you achieve your goals.

Thanks Again!

Heard good things so far, but haven’t tried it out.

I fully support @WNASH’s view on @TapContext. Let’s be positive towards enhancing our monetization prospects by working together with our ad network partners. :slight_smile:

It’s good to see new ad networks - and TapContext is being pretty aggressive in sending out mass e-mails to developers on Google Play.

However, in their blurb they do not explain WHAT is so different about their network - i.e. they talk about new stuff - but they don’t say what they do.

That is, what is the “catch” ?

Are their ads or a different type ?

This is one of the problems for developers who want to understand the type of ads that appear in their ad networks to better gauge it’s impact on user experience/user reviews etc.

The tradition thus far is that new ad networks (and all the aggressive advertising ad networks are guilty of this) announces high eCPM (TapContext is promising some huge eCPM). But they don’t mention what the user experience is with their ad network.

Often developers outside U.S. will not see what U.S. users will see and so on - so perhaps developers need a video compilation or youtube channel where they show various ad networks and their ad types as used in different countries - this would be a much better indication of the types of ads that are appearing etc. and whether they appear at all - for example video ads are not visible (because of low inventory for the user’s country) so such stuff is difficult to evaluate (in any case it also suggests the fill rate will be low - but what is not apparent is what the fill rate will be in the u.s. at least).

So with TapContext, are they doing something other than just put an ad - or something more complex ? As ramzxip is suggesting the ads include these “fake” virus ads etc. - which will be fine for some apps but not so for others - and then there seem to be direct payment options as well (which run counter to Google policy - if the app cannot do direct credit card charging using movend.com or something - then how can the banner ad be doing so ?).

EDIT: ok, I shouldn’t say fake virus ads - since TapContext says they are ads for real virus scanner apps - however the question remains - does TapContext allow credit card transaction directly from the ad ? Is this within Google policy ? If so, can developers re-direct users via webview to their own website so users can buy their app ? Is movend.com type solution Google TOS compliant ?

I still find it amazing that given the effort required by developers to understand the ad network and implement each one - the onus is on the developer for everything (including hand-holding the user) - yet ad networks continue to presume the developers just want a quick buck and will be part of any scheme that is concocted by the ad network.

This is no doubt true for some apps - esp. the types where the developer has ability to quickly adopt new developer accounts and republish apps, and is looking for fast money (in a way this is contributing to the Google Play environment of “everything goes” - which in a way Google has themselves supported by depriving payment options for developers in many countries - while not being able to raise revenues from admob as a benchmark figure). For example if admob revenue was just 2x higher it would rival revenue from interstitials etc. - and could change the look of many apps - or make them viable. That is, it is just a matter of 2x or 4x difference in revenue - now if Google was willing to forgo their own commission on admob - maybe that is possible (?)

In any case, I digress - and perhaps TapContext can explain if the ads they show can solicit credit card purchasing etc. (or be a front for a credit card scam operation ?).

Thank you.

i got very high ecpm with tapcontext, but lost many of active user in apps.
their ads it’s too agresive. when a user installed other app, its push a notification with show an antivirus to scan their recently installed app.
on my point of view as user, i will uninstall this application with tapcontext, because that’s just too annoying.

Guys, Its like killing the hen for her golden eggs. Would you be happy with one egg a day or try to kill the hen for all the eggs?

just do not use tapContext it is bad :smiley:

They send me an email telling me that if I register in the next 48hours and publish an app with their SDK they will give me a bonus of $100. They did not. I send them few email, two different persons, about something irelevant to this, and the moment I asked about that $100 bonus they split. :slight_smile: What the hell???

Guys, Its like killing the hen for her golden eggs. Would you be happy with one egg a day or try to kill the hen for all the eggs?

Care to explain?

I think he means that´s its too risky to use TapContext since you will loose a lot of active users even more then Airpush, also i just noticed that i received Notification Ad from Leadbolt with same type of ad :open_mouth:

So, they are not much worse then rest of the gang?

All Notification and Icon ads are killing the hen :slight_smile:

Just to say that they gave me my $100 bonus. Some technical issues.

In my case it works the opposite way. Not only the hen laying more golden eggs, but they are bigger & prettier as well :rolleyes:

I just received the payment for June 2013 yesterday. Thanks TapContext for the payment.