Anyone using Millennial ads?

The fill rate is very low. But admob mediation should just load admob ad when millenial doesn’t have an ad, right?

The reason is Valentine Day! :slight_smile:

In general yes, I prefer MoPub mediation.

Cool, thanks for the tip! That’s odd that ad blocking affects the Dashboard page, but not the Reports page which doesn’t seem to have the “loading…” problem.

Upon further review, I know why I still use them. Because their ads perform (slightly) better than some of the other ad networks, although not as good as others, but they’re still worth including in the rotation for my apps.

It’s funny, I whine about these networks and bad dashboards/websites, slow loading ads, missing documentation, slow payment, inattentive support, unnecessary permissions, but it ultimately comes down to the size of the check(deposit) I get each month. If it’s bigger than the other ad networks, I forget about the other problems.(I think Millennial was 4th for me last month)

Same here! There are some networks that have those problems and don’t make up for it though. I will always go with the ad networks that deliver the goods when all is said and done.

Wow, MM got hammered today.

MM: Summary for Millennial Media, Inc. Common S- Yahoo! Finance

It’s a tough market out there. They have some key things wrong with their site, but other than that I have enjoyed using them for my banners and interstitials.
It’s another demonstration of how fast this mobile industry is moving forward. New startups keep cropping up in the ad network industry and plenty of new ad types are forming.

What a pathetic company seriously, Publicly Trades, but pays net-90…Are you guy’s at MMedia smoking crack?

I thought the comments on the earnings call about incentivized installs were interesting.

Millennial Media’s CEO Discusses Q4 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

…The segment of business of business that we are not involved in and won’t be involved in is one where the consumer experience is click here to get three coins in return for downloading this app. So, an incentivized download or an incentivized click that says to the user we don’t care whether you ever actually use the app, but if you click here and download it we are going to give you – we are going to swap out some other value you get more tokens in this game or that game and ultimately we will see the robust download of that incremental download isn’t really getting anything. The consumer never really goes into the app to utilize the app and so this is a – this is fool’s gold. And there are a few companies that are pursuing the strategy mostly smaller companies, and I think that we look at it in exactly that way.

So, first, the reason why we are talking about these incentivized downloads in the context of the moderation of the revenue growth metric in Q4 is that we think some more of the performance dollars moved into that arena. And that coupled with a few – this handful of brand deals that didn’t materialize for us both produced the outcome that we saw. And that’s again not part of the business, but again I have described these three segments of performance. And one of them is app developers seeking downloads and there is a high value good business in there that we do. And so the reason for its inclusion is some more dollars than anticipated went into these incentivized schemes in Q4 that we don’t participate in.

I would have expected push ads to have played a big part in cannibalizing their business, but he doesn’t mention them and specifically mentions virtual currency/incentivized installs. There was an article recently about advertisers in general moving away from push ads, so maybe that’s the case.

I’ve been dragging my feet with virtual currency just because Apple banned them a while back and thought the Play Store might eventually as well. The Millennial CEO seems to have disdain for virtual currency/incentivized downloads, and I admit to not being crazy about them just from a purist point of view. But clearly, I need to start experimenting with them in some of my less popular apps at least.

Especially seeing how things are playing out in the “Breaking the rules”/4pics thread.

Unfortunately my apps aren’t games and I have a tough time integrating virtual currency.

adevinneed mentioned Ultimate Rotation and a 7-day free trial and getting the app for free by obtaining GetJar coins.

I think there’s a better approach though instead of giving away the whole app at one time where you can still make money from a user down the road. Maybe an a la carte feature menu? where you can unlock features by an incentivized install, using the app for 1 month, rating the app, or even an in-app purchase.

Base functionality = FREE
Feature XX = 5 gold coins
Feature YY = 4 gold coins

Ok i just checked my funds on Millennial. It says 2/25/13 Automatic Transfer Withdrawal -$XXXXX
I checked my paypal and nothing is there.

can someone please explain this?